By crusader_x
Sledge wrote:Are you a split off from Tampa Bay??
Without going into too much detail, the Suncoast GBs are all former Tampa Bay GBs. We had a person in the Tampa team who brought harmful elements into the group and started using group accounts, like the email, for his personal business. I had warned him about abusing our accounts before so after we discussed it for a long time we decided to part ways with this person and changed our name and got all new accounts. I have since shut down the Tampa GB accounts that I own and we're all looking forward to continuing to do our thing under our new name.
By Chace
wow....another Florida franchise....awesome.

Congrats Florida, you continue to have more franchises than any other state in the union.

And I know sometimes there are issues with personalities, but this trend transends fandom. Florida has more 501st groups, more car clubs, more anime groups, more reenactors, etc than most other states.

But don't take that to mean any ill will to you suncoast guys (or any of the Fl peeps for that matter) I just wish you could all assemble under one banner.
I have to wonder if somehow Jeb Bush is at fault. All this really increased under his administration...Buuut I digress.
By crusader_x
Chace wrote:wow....another Florida franchise....awesome.

Congrats Florida, you continue to have more franchises than any other state in the union.

And I know sometimes there are issues with personalities, but this trend transends fandom. Florida has more 501st groups, more car clubs, more anime groups, more reenactors, etc than most other states.

But don't take that to mean any ill will to you suncoast guys (or any of the Fl peeps for that matter) I just wish you could all assemble under one banner.
I have to wonder if somehow Jeb Bush is at fault. All this really increased under his administration...Buuut I digress.
I know what you mean, but realize that the Suncoast team is replacing the Tampa team so the number of franchises has not actually increased.
By Chace
Untill that "person" starts another group!

But seriously, this type of thing happens everywhere but it seems the most concentrated in Florida. I almost wish I'd have stuck with a psych major as that would be an interesting study....unfortunately I did film and tv, so I'll continue to abuse drugs and alcohol while banging models, and let someone else sort it out.
By Fifthrider
And that, along with his fancy banners for an auto-sig, is why Chace is hero to so many of us.

Seriously, what the hell is it with so many groups having that one douchebag who has to ruin it for the whole group? Good luck to you, Suncoast gents.
By Chace
Fifthrider wrote:And that, along with his fancy banners for an auto-sig, is why Chace is hero to so many of us.
If I could teleport there and do this in person I would, so this'll have to suffice.

By crusader_x
ProtonCharger wrote:i objectively did my homework.
You objectively did your homework by calling one party involved and taking his word on what happened? Did you read the emails that we sent him telling him we were not going to continue with him? Or you're content to base your statements on hearsay? Because I know what happened, the other people involved know what happened, and I have the proof. The sent and received emails are sitting in my email account.
ProtonCharger wrote:im well versed enough in the politics down here to make my own conclusions about the franchises.
You have a magical power that lets you decide who is lying and who isn't? You're trying to tell me you know what I'm thinking and what my intentions are because you're well versed in what happens in Tampa Bay? Which brings me back to the question: so you read the email exchange that initiated the split between our group and the other person?
ProtonCharger wrote:there maybe a transition of members to suncoast from tampa however, claiming it is closing shop when its clearly not, is deception at the advantage of your new group. not to mention its my understanding not everyone is leaving.
What is not clearly closed about the former Tampa Bay group and accounts? How did I mislead you on that? Check the website www.tampabayghostbusters.com or send me an email at tampabayghostbusters@hotmail.com
These accounts are closed as well as the Photobucket account, Twitter account, Gmail account, etc...
No one left the group man, one person was told the rest did not want to continue with him and so he and his "girlfriend" were let go. We made it clear the rest of us were going to continue with the Tampa name as I owned all of the accounts (except the now defunct myspace) as well as the graphics (which I designed) and the promotional material (banners, business cards, etc, all of which I paid for). The other party then took a "if I can't have it you can't have it" approach and tried shutting down and ruining all of our accounts, which is why our guys decided to reassemble under a new name and accounts. As I understand it, this other person has registered his own accounts for email and a website, etc and wants to start over with the Tampa name he helped drive into the ground. Great, that's fine, let him start over and go play I say. So why are you accusing me of misleading people?
ProtonCharger wrote:a note of personal business hypocracy, lets remember there was a time that the tampa social networking sites account updates featured your personal ghostbuster prop ebay auctions.
Funny, as part of his most recent rant this is what the other party mentioned. The Tampa twitter account did list my auctions in October, but this was done only after I called him and got his specific permission to do so, as well as the consent of the rest of the team. Remember, the Twitter account belongs to me yet I still got the permission of all parties it could potentially affect. And you're trying to pass judgement off on me for this? Might I suggest you stick to your own business and not assume you know what's going on over here unless you are directly invovled.

I'm still wondering why you chose to intrude into our new group's affairs and outright accuse me of being a liar on this board. And what about the other people on our Suncoast team, you think they're all lying too?
What's the point of all this? Are you genuinely trying to get the bottom of things or are you just trying to cause problems? Please tell me now so I don't waste any more time with this.
ProtonCharger wrote:as for the introductions, i also remember what went on during them, none of that was said. i remember having a look of bewilderment, giving a limp handshake when you said "DR." and not speaking to you for the rest of the evening.
Well this is just back to a tit-for-tat, "you're lying, no I'm not" situation no one cares to sort out. I just asked two of the other people who were present and they heard what I said. Did you really stop listening when I said "Doctor"? Did you really think someone dressed as a Ghostbuster was trying to pass off on you that they have a PHD when they introduce themselves as a Doctor? I can only imagine you'd have a heck of a time at a Dr. Who convention.
By ProtonCharger
crusader_x wrote: lots of words
tl; dr
i had my impression of you already before you introduced yourself. which was, you were really only active here when you were advertising something you made that you threw on ebay. i wanted to meet you in person to objectively see you were an all right person and i misunderstood. its not fun being right all the time.

take your franchise, no body cares and tampa isnt going anywhere no matter how hard you try to say its done.
By crusader_x
Alright guys let's not drag this on. We're asking that they leave us alone and let us do our thing so let's do the same for them and leave it be.
By crusader_x
NeoSaturn wrote:
AJ Quick wrote:Oh god what's next?

They are gonna come back as the "Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters"?
Why did that just cause me pain?
Indigestion? Acid Reflux?
By Chace
NeoSaturn wrote:
AJ Quick wrote:Oh god what's next?

They are gonna come back as the "Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters"?
Why did that just cause me pain?
You just wit till "He" decides to be the Extreme Chicago Ghostbusters ;)

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

Hey, anyone else playing this game? I want to find[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]