By cowbybill
So this may seem a little weird, but here goes.
Wouldn't it be cool if one year Franchises from around the country got together and marched in the Macy's parade?
of course logistically it'd be a pain to get so many franchises together that and getting Sony's blessing ( hell it could be a stunt for GB 3 if that ever comes to pass) for us to do it. not only that how do you even get into the parade?
But man what a sight a few Ectos rolling down the street and franchises from all over using thier logos to let people know where they are from.
Just a thought I had thinking about how many different franchises there are and how cool and unique each one's patches are.
By Chace
Why that would be amazing!

That would be awesome!

That would be.....DragonCon.

Sony wouldn't let us do Macy's, but we don't need their permission to do DragonCon, where we already have our own annual sub-convention and parade presence and we're already able to attract franchises from all over the country.

By Gareee
I think the only real issue with the Macy's parade, would be it is VERY high profile, and with that kind of presence, Sony might step in.
By The Roach On Twelve
Chace wrote:
Sony wouldn't let us do Macy's, but we don't need their permission to do DragonCon, where we already have our own annual sub-convention and parade presence and we're already able to attract franchises from all over the country.
By GhostbustersNJ
We need to mount a 30' inflatable stay puft to a trailer. :)

I do wonder though, if Sony will do their own GB3 promotion in the parade. I bet they'd welcome GB's to tend the ballon or walk around their float.

Definately worth keeping an eye on, as I believe most everyone that walks in the parade is a volunteer.
By Gareee
If Sony did run an official Balloon in the parade, odds are they would want pro balloon wranglers. They catch a LOT of wind, and can cause serious damage or injury if not handled properly.

A number of years ago, the Disney MGM studio actually hosted some of the real Macy's balloons. We were fortunate enough to be able to pick up overtime working with the wranglers, and being trained by them. Even for just balloons that were not moving, there was significant training involved, so odds are tending the balloon would be out. (If I recall, they were also union, so there are union regulations involved.)

There are also liability issues, so odds are Sony would have it's own hand picked people in any official function. I wonder if any Macy's parade regulations are available online, just out of curiosity?
By zareckighostbuster
hey, if the 501st could score permission or rather were invited by LFL for the Rose Parade, you never know. Macy's would need a grand Marshall liek bill murray or somethign for it to work out nice.
By AJ Quick
Gareee wrote:If Sony did run an official Balloon in the parade, odds are they would want pro balloon wranglers.

You don't go to clown college for nothing!
GhostbustersNJ wrote:Did some research, only Macy's employess and their friends and family can be balloon wranglers. It's not so elite though, they just have the vets who call the shots and the others who follow their lead.

Any ghostheads work for Macy's?
I'm sure the Professional Balloon Wranglers all get temp jobs at Macy's so they can qualify.
By Gareee
My post was topical. And I can also get others to confirm that we did in fact have pro balloon wranglers working at Disney MGM Studios when we hosted the Macy balloons, and also, that we were required special training to handle them.

Here's a great article talking about how they are handled:

http://www.denverpost.com/lifestyles/ci_16685499
By zareckighostbuster
I think the point was a highly televised and public parade. DCon qualifies as a local parade. I'm assuming the original poster was talking more of a national televised event. MACY's day parade would rock. I was in it, back in my high school band years ago, and have done the ROSE and Fiesta Bowl parades as well.

either of those would be awesome.
By ProtonCharger
in a couple years dragon con will be nationally televised, look at g4's week long coverage of sandiego comic con.
By Chace
ProtonCharger wrote:in a couple years dragon con will be nationally televised, look at g4's week long coverage of sandiego comic con.
this

It's already regionally covered and G4 has done a little more on it each year.
By ProtonCharger
its ok. he's from arizona, he's egregiously misinformed about everything, but as long as he believes he's right, its ok.
By kevinj319
Looks like the parade level is getting dropped again.
By zareckighostbuster
actually I'm from New York.

I've only been here 3 years.

Whats your problem Proton Charger?

dcon parade may be televised on a larger level someday but it will never have the viewer draw of the Macy's or Rose parade. those two are the most highly watched parades each year. I think thats why the original poster zeroed on on the macys parade cause everybodys heard and or seen it.
By AJ Quick
Hey well good luck.

Maybe the AZ Ghostbusters can head up the parade with JettaJeffro and the Stay Puft inflatable figure. I hear he is in really good communications with Sony in regards to Ghostbusters and will do anything to ensure it stays that way. Regardless of any professional safety to Sony's employees or any Ghostbusters community.
By jimbo7
noslliT wrote:Can ya just enjoy something without involving ghostbusters in it? Leave macy's alone
Btw Happy Thanksgiving

You're a good man Chris..couldn't have said it better myself.
By zareckighostbuster
first off, why in the hell would the guys from AZ be in the NY parade. it would be for the NE guys.

AZ has its own parade, as does CA and NY. thats where the big parades are.

what is your deal with AZGB's? you can t have the inflatable SP in the parade, its not made for that. SONY has nothing to do with the parades we are in.... nor do we jeopardize the safety of anyone. not sure where you're gettign that.
By ProtonCharger
zareckighostbuster wrote: dcon parade may be televised on a larger level someday but it will never have the viewer draw of the Macy's or Rose parade. those two are the most highly watched parades each year. I think thats why the original poster zeroed on on the macys parade cause everybodys heard and or seen it.
so...why would g4 waste their time televising SDCC for a week if there isnt a viewer draw?

have you ever been to a convention? dragon con gets bigger each passing year.

please, stop posting on the internet.
By zareckighostbuster
ive been going to conventions in NY and CT since i was 16. been going to SDCC since 2003, and PCC since 2007.

I'm not new to this game.

Do you have any manners? stop trolling these threads. I've only been posting here a short time and everything you post is negative towards everybody. knock it off.

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]