By AJ Quick
My first two question I would have for you is:

-Are there any franchises nearby you can join?

If not.. Do you know 1-2 people who would be willing to start one?

Really just having a few people getting together is all you really need to start one. After that you build costumes and perhaps a vehicle and then do charity work or events or nothing at all.
By Massacci
There is a local franchise here, but their requirments are too steep for a person of my means to join unless I invested years of work and money. Im not trying to be 100% screen accurate on everything. How do I find people who may be interested in joining?
By Foom Man
Knowing that you have another team close-by does make giving advice seem a bit... hairy.

Here's my advice: when you start a team make sure you are friends with the people you begin with. I can't stress enough how important it is, especially after seeing which teams fail and which ones keep on growing and thriving.

Depending on what you want to do you might wind up spending hundreds of hours doing this sort of thing with your buddies, so make sure your able to talk about stuff outside of Ghostbusting for fun's sake.
By Massacci
Im not going to name names or franchises, but the requirement is to have all the equipment to be an official member, which in my opinion, is completely ridiculous. No one should be forced to build or purchase anything to become a member of a fan group.
By GAVAL
Everyone makes their own rules, and I while I'd never go that route, there are franchises who respecfully want to portray and image of unity and quality, and that's why I believe you were met with the challenge of having certain standards.

So you clearly have 3 options:

1. Meet their standards.
2. Start your own franchise.
3. Look to other franchises in your state.

I dont' know who you've spoken to but Texas has at least 4 franchises that I know about:
Northeast Texas
Dallas Ft Worth
Houston Area
El Paso

While distance may be a problem, I'm sure one of those would be glad to have you aboard!

If you cant' find a home, Louisiana would be glad to have you! Our requirements are simple: Show up at one event a year dressed as a ghostbuster. (This could mean simply a T-shirt.) Be a posative role model. That's it! I should add that the event you show up to only has to be in our name, not necessarily in our state.

We have a tradition of welcoming cross membership from guys out of state. We currently have at least 4 members from other states including Pennsylvania, Mississippi, and Wisconsin. I've also had inquiries from members in Alabama, Georgia, and Kentucky.

G
DmsdyMachn, deadderek liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]