By cowbybill
I don't know if this has been addressed before and I can't seem to find a thread on it so here goes:

When a franchise decides to have a fundraiser for a charity what do they usally do to prepare for it?
By this I mean do they contact the charity prior to the event? or do they wait until afterwards
Also do franchises register at local festivals to raise money or do they just show up?
also do franchises have an exempt status and do they file as a non profit prior to events?

Any and all comments on this subject would be great as we finally are getting out of the talking stage and into the doing stage.

Thanks! :crunch:
By Sledge
cowbybill wrote:I don't know if this has been addressed before and I can't seem to find a thread on it so here goes:

When a franchise decides to have a fundraiser for a charity what do they usally do to prepare for it?
By this I mean do they contact the charity prior to the event? or do they wait until afterwards
Answer: never do anything without permission from the charity organization you plan on raising funds for. they could interpret it as a scam and you could get in some big trouble.
Also do franchises register at local festivals to raise money or do they just show up?
Answer: once you secure permissions from the organization it is much easier to secure permissions from event or festival organizers. (most time they will welcome you being there, and when you have a good charity to back you up they welcome it even more.)
also do franchises have an exempt status and do they file as a non profit prior to events?
Answer: NO! unless you are a 501C organization and have Tax exempt status you can not. if you are doing an event for say Make a wish you would be volunteering your time to Make a wish as individuals. I would gather considering we do not own the rights of the GB franchise I would gather it would be difficult/impossible to achieve such.
Any and all comments on this subject would be great as we finally are getting out of the talking stage and into the doing stage.

Thanks! :crunch:
the best way to start is knock on doors and make phone calls.
you will hear a lot of "Whats in it for you?" just keep you answers brief and honest.
another thing is during the Christmas season get a hold of the salvation army they welcome bell ringers and its great exposure.

hope that helped.

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]