So I'm posting this on the franchise site because I figure we franchises are most likely to want to do this.

I'm looking into having balloons printed with the Ghostbusters logo and the more I order, the cheaper they are. I'm still looking for the company I want to use.

Depending on price, I was thinking of getting white balloons with red and black ink prints, or if its decided 2 color prints are too expensive, than I''ll get red balloons with white prints.

Is there anyone who wants to go in on this venture with me, the more I order in one batch the cheaper they are.

This is only for the original Ghostbuster logo. If you want your franchise logo than I suggest researching your own printer as I am trying to make this a bulk deal.

The printer I'm leaning toward is 4imprint.com
Foom Man wrote:What would the damage be (financially)?

The site I'm looking at now does single color prints anywhere from 15 cents to 7 cents for a 9" balloon with a minimum order of 1000 balloons. I have to contact them by phone to find out about 2 color prints.

So basically a minimum quantity order with minimum ink would be single color print of 1000 9" balloons for $150. But like I said earlier, the more I order the cheaper it is so the more people want the cheaper they will get.

If you got to http://www.4imprint.com/group/31/Toys-a ... ard-Colors you can get an idea of cost for single color prints by quantity.

Depending on how many people order will depend on shipping as the order will come to me first and then I will divide it to those who purchase. Unfortunately I won't know that until I actually have the balloons.
So I just spoke to the people at 4imprints.com and they said they will NOT print the balloons for us because the ghostbuster logo is a trademarked image. They did say they would print altered versions of the logo, which is fine if each franchise had there own logo printed, but that would defeat the purpose of this thread as a bulk order.

I'm going to research other companies and hope I don't get the same answer.
Vincenzo330 wrote:OK well what if we did a smaller run with more colors (Our logo has more colors)? We can all throw in as a franchise if that's cool with everyone.
I think we should start a new post in the SoCal thread if we're just going to do a So-Cal run.

I'm doing a little research, I would still like to try and make this open to other franchises if I can so lets give it a few more days before I limit the run to just the So-Cals.
I would throw in for this if you can find a company that will do it.
I don't know about the rest of the guys in my group, but I think balloons would be a nice touch at events. I'd chip in, if you find a company that'll print balloons with the normal logo
So found a company that said they could print our balloons. The guy had kind of an accent, and I'm not sure he knew what Ghostbusters was, but hopefully this company won't turn around and bite me in the ass after I submit the artwork. The only problem is now this company requires a minimum order of 2000 ballons.

For one color prints, there is a $45 setup fee, plus $0.14 per balloon.
For any additional color, there is an additional $35 to the set up fee, and an additional $0.03 per balloon.

You can see the balloon price break by quantity here http://www.branders.com/product/promoti ... rdid=06169

This means for a minimum order of 2000 balloons with a single color print it will cost $325 + tax/shipping.

For a minimum 2 color print we're looking at $420 + tax/shipping.

I also should mention this is for 9" balloons, which aren't huge. If we want bigger balloons that will be more per balloon.

I need to know if this is still something people what to do, and how many they are interested in purchasing. If I can't hit the 2000 mark than this isn't gonna happen.

Personally, since these will be give aways, I'm happy with a single color print, even through a 2 color print would look better.
GhostbusterPM wrote:For one color prints, there is a $45 setup fee, plus $0.14 per balloon.
For any additional color, there is an additional $35 to the set up fee, and an additional $0.03 per balloon.

This means for a minimum order of 2000 balloons with a single color print it will cost $325 + tax/shipping.

I need to know if this is still something people what to do, and how many they are interested in purchasing. If I can't hit the 2000 mark than this isn't gonna happen.
So could "pitching in" be as simple as throwing in $40 for that respective proportion of the balloons? AKA: if $420 got us 2000 balloons of that type (two colors, etc) would a $40 pitch in get someone roughly 190 ballons?

($40/$420)*2000 balloons=~190

I'd be willing to pitch in $40 if I could get, say, 150-190. I think it'd only be fair that 40 didn't get me an EXACT proportion, seeing as you're spearheading this, not to mention shipping cost.
ThrowingChicken wrote:Hrm, this website has some photos of GB balloons that were printed up - http://www.printedballoons.us/?tag=mylar-balloons
Maybe they don't care about no copyright.
I looked at that site and opted not to contact them since they don't have a quantity break after 100 balloons and they are $0.35 per balloon.
Foom Man wrote:
GhostbusterPM wrote:For one color prints, there is a $45 setup fee, plus $0.14 per balloon.

So could "pitching in" be as simple as throwing in $40 for that respective proportion of the balloons? AKA: if $420 got us 2000 balloons of that type (two colors, etc) would a $40 pitch in get someone roughly 190 ballons?

($40/$420)*2000 balloons=~190

Yes, I figure there is enough interest that we can find enough people to pitch in on a minimum order, and divide it up. But I need to know how many balloons people are willing to go in on, but just remember I need to ship these balloons and the more you order the more shipping will probably be.

I'd be willing to pitch in $40 if I could get, say, 150-190. I think it'd only be fair that 40 didn't get me an EXACT proportion, seeing as you're spearheading this, not to mention shipping cost.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]