well, in the spirit of the AZ guys, we are going to see what we can do for the Memory Walk this fall. Her is our group page

https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/sear ... am=3702585

I need to add pics and stuff but I just got the packet tonight. My Dad has it and is going to be 82. His short term is gone, but he gets around on his own and he's still very functional. I'll keep you posted via this thread.
Last edited by bradboss12 on June 9th, 2010, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
sorry to hear that! : ( Dad is 82, so he's like a built in grandfather. The Boomer generation is getting older so it will be a major problem as time goes by. Again, thanks for inspiring us, and I hope we will be doing more this year (we are still a young franchise, and we only hooked up in mid 2008)

Fiction-wise, SCGB was est in 2002 and my Pittsburgh GB was founded in 1992.
Brad, I'd really like to come for this. I checked airfare. Travelocity has round trip tickets for $182 which is actually about $8 cheaper than if I drove. Plus, the drive for me would be about 17 hours and flying would be 3 hours. I still sent you my donation whether I can show up or not. Why can't you bring Pittsburgh closer?

There's a bunch of zombie walks around here, but they utterly fail at getting the word out. By the time I hear about them, they've usually taken place weeks earlier. The zombie walk forums that talk about upcoming events are about as clear as mud. At least our inaugural Rock n' Roll Mardi Gras Marathon made raising money easy. I raised $736 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I wish I had done it with a GB franchise, though. By Dan_AKA's rules, one member participating in a charity event does not a franchise make. People 'round these parts are about as interested in participating as they are in getting a root canal.
Brad, terrible news. I really was planning to attend this event, but I completely forgot that I have those pesky monthly drills. That's one of the drawbacks of being in the National Guard. If you wanna serve, you have to sacrifice a lot of your time. October starts a new fiscal year, so I don't know what the drill weekend is for that month yet. Usually, it's the first weekend of the month unless that weekend coincides with a holiday. April's first weekend this year is Easter, so we won't have drill until next weekend. There aren't any big holidays the first weekend of October, so in all liklihood, we will have a drill. I have confirmed this with one of the company commanders in my battalion. He says we have a high probability of having drill October 2 & 3, 2010.
Well, let's steer this conversation back to what it's supposed to be about. This is about Alzheimer's research. I don't want to forget everything when I get old. The thought of being confined to a bed or wheel chair and not knowing where I am, who I am, or who anyone else is is terrifying. I can't imagine how much fear and loneliness there must be in such a situation. Could you? I guess there may be things worse than losing one's memory, but that one's pretty bad. So, please, I implore everyone to donate to this cause. If you have a couple dollars, some spare change, put something in the Steel City Ghostbuster's collection. This is a worthy cause. The medical field has treatments that slow the progression of this terrible disease, and doctors are gaining a better understanding of its causes all the time. They need to continue research, and that requires supplies and equipment. Researchers also need to support their families, and well, medical school ain't free either. So, let's give them a hand. Pledge to support the Memory Walk.
ok, the Memory Walk is now an "official" SCGB function, and we are teaming up with the Louisiana GB's to raise money and awareness of Altheimers (link to our page in in my signature). The SCGB's are ALSO going to team up with Philly GB's for an Austism Walk (same day, October 2nd). So if you are in Pittsburgh or Philly and want to join, there is a link on Proton Charging for the Philly co-op (Sam Swope, Roach on Twelve is handling that) and I'm Team Captain for the Memory Walk. : )

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]