!SOLD! Does anybody still need a Saturday ticket to Anaheim?

My girl and I split up last week and I have an extra ticket now. PM me if you are interested in buying it off me. I'm not looking to make a profit so I'll give it up for the $29.87 I payed for it ($25 for ticket, $4.87 for taxes and fees).

!SOLD!
I'm sure you got this PM too...

tlcams wrote:I live in Anaheim California and I will be having a b-day party for my 4yr son who ever since he attended the "Hey Those Guys" event in pasadena california, has been fasinated with Ghostbusters. His Uncle Isreal Sanchez is part of, "Hey Those Guys" and he has been watching the movie everyday since.
I was interested in having a few ghostbusters dress up and show up to his B-day party on 5/8 in anaheim, that would just make his day. Would you be able to help me with this or know of any other GB'S that would be able to do it? I would greatly appreciate it. thanks!

I'm sure they mean "Hey You Guys".... but this seems alot like the beginning of GB2....

"Who ya gonna call?"

"HE MAN! HE MAN HE MAN!"

What are your thoughts?
Some proof you can go to a b-day party and it not be a GB2 disaster: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 37&t=10848&

We've only done a couple of parties over the years and specifically for kids that have come to many of our events so we know that they are really into GB and would enjoy us being there. 99.99% of the b-day party requests we get we know it's just the parents wanting us to be there, and we respectfully decline.
I replied that I'd discuss this with you guys...

tlcams wrote:Thank you so much! Party is 5/8 starts @ 2pm in Anaheim, Let me know if you need any other information. I greatly appreciate you taking time out to check with other GB'S.
I received the same PM and I feel that if you are free to do it you should. We get to be in uniform, promote ourselves, and have a good time. You have about a month to fit it in your plans. Then we could probably go do something after like catch the new iron man movie or something???

What do you guys think?
Hey all,

I'm from Oregon, but will be down for Wizard World and bringing my GB uniform for one of the days. (Will be Batman one or both of the other two days.)

Looking forward to seeing other Ghostbusters and maybe we can all get a group photo. Not sure how I'm going to check the proton pack on the airplane, as they may be suspicious of a portable positron collider. :)

Here's a pic I took last week -- about started a forest fire chasing down a focused, non-terminal, repeating phantasm. A real class five full roaming vapor. :wink:

-David
So now that Anaheim is a week away I think we need to figure out a time/location for us all to meet up.

Dougger and I are going to caravan down together from Los Angeles. We haven't set a time to leave LA yet, but when we do I'll let you guys know and extend an invite for anyone North of Los Angeles to hop onto our caravan down. The Anaheim Convention center is only an hour down I-5 from me, so it will be a reletively short trip down.
GhostbusterPM wrote:So now that Anaheim is a week away I think we need to figure out a time/location for us all to meet up.

Dougger and I are going to caravan down together from Los Angeles. We haven't set a time to leave LA yet, but when we do I'll let you guys know and extend an invite for anyone North of Los Angeles to hop onto our caravan down. The Anaheim Convention center is only an hour down I-5 from me, so it will be a relatively short trip down.
Ivonne and I probably won't be there until 12-1pm as we have a prior engagement early in the morning :(

I'll probably just call one of you guys when we're close by and see where you all are. Anyone who might still need my number pm me.
WIZARD WORLD CON - ANAHEIM - UPDATE

All,

Sean Bishop's Ecto will not be there, nor will Ernie Hudson. I have both confirmed as of this morning.

From Linda Hudson's blackberry, earlier this morning: "I meant to call you yesterday, but time got away from me. Ernie has been in NY this week shooting Law & Order, & today he flies from NY to Orlando for a Special Olympics event, so he won't be attending the show." ( Incidentally, Linda? I know you've been here to read the board before so if you ever want to chip in and post, please feel free. I don't know how you feel about me passing the info on like this. )

As for Sean's tale, I'm equally unsure about cut-n-pasting the story from the e-mail he sent me. I haven't exactly got permission to do that as of yet. The story is tragic and possibly funny but only from a very bitter angle.

Sean was never told by the Star Car club that his Ecto was to be there. The problem is that neither of his cars are in any condition to go to the show. The Superior was permanently decommissioned and turned back into just an empty red & white hearse. The Miller-Meteor was repaired until mechanically "working" but has yet to be "built" if you know what I mean. ( The rack, the rack equipment, casting up a radome mould, wiring the lightbars and switches, applying the decals... ) Personally, had I been in his position I think I would have called Star Cars and given them a piece of my mind. Being the generally good guy Sean is, he rushed his ass off to build this car, even taking this last week off from work; that's just the kind of guy he is. He did this for the fans and their expectation about it being there.

Yesterday that car was finally done. All he had to do was drive it from Pasadena to Anaheim. ....but it had this small leak and he didn't want to get it all over the convention floor, nor did he think putting a pan under it would be enough to contain the drip. He brings it to his mechanic and says "Just look at it. I'm not authorizing repairs, just diagnose it, got it?" ( These guys have a history of keeping his car for a week or more just to give him an estimate, only to call him later and slap him with a bill for several grand. ) Later that same day they tore apart the drive shaft going into the rear axle's gearbox and snapped the seal. So far they have been unable to find a part that will be here in time for the deadline.

The deadline? Sean has until 12 noon today for this car to be repaired AND moved into the Anaheim Convention Center. My money's on this not happening.

Gentlemen? You ARE the Ghostbuster contingent at the convention. I'm so sorry about Ernie and the Ecto but this event just wasn't in the cards for either.
Thats disappointing to hear. :( I think at this point most of us we're not expecting the car or Ernie Hudson. But I'm sure we all appreciate the update.

I feel bad for Sean though. Auto repair companies are a bunch of thieves out here. I wish I'd known he was rushing to get it done in time. I would have been happy to lend him a hand seeing I only live 20-30 min from him.

Regardless, we So-Cal GB's will have a good time and we'll be sure that Ghostbusters is represented.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]