You got that right. I've been to this shop and spoken to them on the phone several times. Some of the answers I've heard make me cringe. I don't have a lot of confidence in them. If they worked in medicine, all of their patients would be dead.
GhostbusterPM wrote:Had fun last night. Great pics Vin. I'm gonna have to get some high res versions from you at some time. Too bad you did get a pic of the slave Leah I saw when I first came in. She was f'n HOT! I've only found 3 pics of our group on flickr from other people so far.
It was an awesome time. I'm sure you'll find more, people even wanted pics while we were eating. Somewhere floating around there are pics of me and Vinny Eating tacos.

Some lady tried to get me and Andy on a hidden camera show for Comedy Central, there was a lady pretending to be a vagabond walking around with a gas can. She tried to make us look like jerks because we wouldn't give her any "gas money" we wouldn't sign the release forms for them to air it though haha :lol:
It may be a good idea to register socalghostbusters.com as well if its available. Just incase the layman folk who are trying to look us up, and wouldn't think to abbreviate Ghostbusters with busters, will still be able to find us. It also will make us easier to find in a google search if someone searches Ghostbusters. Just a though I had. But regardless, its nice to have an address we can throw out there. Next step is to get us a real website instead of just a facebook page, because not everyone is on facebook.
GhostbusterPM wrote:It may be a good idea to register socalghostbusters.com as well if its available. Just incase the layman folk who are trying to look us up, and wouldn't think to abbreviate Ghostbusters with busters, will still be able to find us. It also will make us easier to find in a google search if someone searches Ghostbusters. Just a though I had. But regardless, its nice to have an address we can throw out there. Next step is to get us a real website instead of just a facebook page, because not everyone is on facebook.
Agreed, I can still grab the other domains, they're only like 7 bucks a piece. I was also going to get www.southerncaliforniaghostbusters.com I just wanted to make sure that the first one would work. I have it forwarding to facebook for now until we do a site up and running but that domain is ours and can point anywhere.

I abbreviated it so that it would be easy to tell someone verbally "just go to socalbusters.com" for when people take pictures at conventions and whatnot. I'm planning on business cards soon and I thought it would be short and sweet for those also.

If any of you guys have the time/skill to create a page please pm me and we can definitely get it started. I just don't have enough free time to do so right now.
Do I have to time? Probably not. Do I have the skill? I'm no expert. Can I design graphic content and all that jazz? You bet.

If I can find some time over the next couple weeks/months, I'll try to throw together a rough design idea for a site. I'm not well versed in html, or CSS code, so I'll probably focus more on a home page. Then we can see if we can find someone to basically write the site's code and make it easily updatable.

Vin, do you have the So-Cal logo as and Illustrator, eps, or vector pdf? Also, do we have a members list? I know Kind through a rough list up, but do we have an official list as of now?

I'll throw my rough site on my personal website as I build/design it, but eventually we may want to collect a small amount from each member to pay for server space.

Like I said earlier, I'm going to try and do this in my spare time, so don't expect to see anything for a little while.

As for business cards. I know a site where we can get single side full color cards, 1000 for $30, although we may be able to find cheaper.
Cool man, everything is starting to grow legs it seems :) I just went ahead and purchased those other 2 domain names though they may not work for a few hours but give them a try later on tonight.

I have the logo in the original PSD file which I can easily make a EPS, or PNG or whatever is best for you.

As for the business cards I was going to make a few rough designs and see what you guys thought. AJ recomended using vistaprint for the cards in this thread
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 55&t=18144
it's where he gets his done and there are some coupon links in that thread. I think that there is a bit of a wait on them though.

We'll have to get a better list of everyone together and maybe have short bios/stats or whatever.
Ok so just to clarify all 3 of these url's will bring you to our webpage (which for now is forwarded to our facebook page).

http://www.SoCalBusters.com
http://www.SoCalGhostbusters.com
http://www.SouthernCaliforniaGhostbusters.com

none of them are case-sensitive.

I plan on using SoCalBusters.com for business cards, fliers, etc. as it's the shortest and easiest to remember.

Thought I'd show this off to you guys. I got a little side tracked when I was coming up with ideas for the So-Cal site.

I'm having a hard time picking whether to go dark in color similar to the movies original advertising, or a little lighter in color to make it more playful in nature. Any ideas guys?
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]