By kind2311
logo by Vincenzo330

The Southern California Ghostbusters
I'm happy to announce that Vincenzo330, xtrmn8r17, and myself have opened The Southern California Ghostbusters franchise. As a group we have already attended the December 5, 2009 "Hey You Guys" charity event in Pasadena and had an awesome time. I myself try to attend as many So-Cal GB-related events as possible, however I have only been to a handful of them so far as I have only recently (Summer 2008) gotten into the hobby.

Vincenzo330 resides in beautiful "whale's vagina" (San Diego)
xtrmn8r17 is in Riverside
kind2311 is in the Coachella Valley (by Palm Springs)

As a group, the three of us will do our best to attend any So-Cal GB-related events and spread the word of Ghostbusters and of GBFans.com.

Any Southern California Fan is invited to join us as long as they meet the minimum requirements for a franchise member, put forth by Dan AKA.

I would like to extend a personal invitation at this time to the following busters

Dougger
GB Ty
GhostbusterPM
pchrisbosh1
Venkman71
Roboprop
GBRob
madeinsocal6
traveler of games
dergrundel
JTurchetta

there are many more so if you got left off, don't feel bad . . . you're still more than welcome to come along.

Vincent Montenegro
The Southern California Ghostbusters

*New Requirements Added 4/08/2011*

A lot of people have been asking us lately how they can join up with our franchise. The first thing to know is that this is a completely non-profit organization. You will not receive any type of compensation for being a member. Participation is voluntary and you are NOT allowed to accept ANY tips or wages for any activities or events you are involved in as a member of the Southern California Ghostbusters.

There is no formal process in place for becoming a member right now, but there are a few pre-requisites.

1. You must be over the age of 21.

2. You must be a Southern California resident and live within a reasonable distance from the majority of our members. (Do you live less than 3 hours away from Los Angeles and are you able to drive there frequently?) You must also have reliable transportation and be willing to actively participate in events.

3. You must own a complete Ghostbusters uniform in either the classic khaki colors or dark grey (as used in Ghostbusters II). You must also own at least one primary piece of equipment featured in the films or video games. Custom equipment does not qualify. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.

If you can meet those conditions then you're off to a good start.

Now it's time to come out and meet us! Come attend a few events with us so that we can get to know you and if we feel that you're a good fit you'll receive an official invitation to join.

Some of the things that we look for in a potential member are:

Personality & behavior - Are you able to present yourself in a professional manner while attending public events? Can you handle posing for numerous photographs and giving interviews? Do you get along well with the current members of our group? Will you be an asset or a liability?

Prop quality - Do you take pride in building your gizmos & gadgets? Are you willing to accept guidance on improving the look and quality of your current uniforms and equipment?

That's really all it takes. The most important part of all is that you're a good match for our existing foundation and that we can all have fun together both in and out of uniform.
Last edited by Vincenzo330 on August 7th, 2011, 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.Reason: New requirements added.
xtrmn8r17 liked this
By Dan Shannon
Goody-goody! Nice to know we now have another team in Cali, and not a fanfiction team! (No offense, Fritz)
By Fifthrider
Welcome to bustin' in San Diego! It's nice to know that me and my crew aren't the only ones down here.

I previously extended an offer to join our group ( in the thread about Comic-Con 2010 ) but never heard any reply. Now I know why; it's because you have your own franchise! Congratulations! I'm sure you'll have a great time and that we'll cross paths now and again.

http://westcoastbusters.com/
By Vincenzo330
Fifthrider wrote:Welcome to bustin' in San Diego! It's nice to know that me and my crew aren't the only ones down here.

I previously extended an offer to join our group ( in the thread about Comic-Con 2010 ) but never heard any reply. Now I know why; it's because you have your own franchise! Congratulations! I'm sure you'll have a great time and that we'll cross paths now and again.

http://westcoastbusters.com/
Oh wow I haven't checked that thread in a while. Sorry, I didn't even know you offered. We should meet up sometime though. I'll pm you.
By DerGrundel
I'm all in favor of joining! Right now all I have completed are a uniform, goggles, and a trap pedal, but I have a lot in the works! I'll keep you updated as I make more gear.

Many thanks for the invitation!
By kind2311
DerGrundel wrote:I'm all in favor of joining! Right now all I have completed are a uniform, goggles, and a trap pedal, but I have a lot in the works! I'll keep you updated as I make more gear.

Many thanks for the invitation!
Dan AKA wrote:- To qualify as a member for any franchise you must own a full uniform.
- A uniform consists of a Jumpsuit in any color, with a No-Ghost arm badge (custom logos acceptable) on the right shoulder or breast, boots, utility belt (military or otherwise) with at least one accessory (key fobs, circuit pouch, lifeguard) and at least one piece of equipment.
- Equipment can be anything from as large as a Slime Blower or Proton Pack to a Sniffer 300 or PKE Meter. Custom gear is also acceptable!
- Members must have a picture of themselves in gear!
- An account in the online Ghostbusters community.
No worries man, I've met you in person and seen your uniform and have seen your profile pics. You're in ;)
By Fifthrider
This is something I've always loved about Ghostbuster fan stuff over 501st and the likes. Where they're quite strict about uniforms ( and I suppose there's good cause, in a way ) we've always been able to say "A uniform, any color, a patch would be good. Can you make some goggles? Great.' Very accomodating and welcoming to everyone.

( Funny, what motivated me to even get back into this hobby circa 2002 was some other GB walking up to me and criticizing my uniform. Some people... )
By Fritz
Dan Shannon wrote:Goody-goody! Nice to know we now have another team in Cali, and not a fanfiction team! (No offense, Fritz)
Lol..none taken.

Maybe some day I'll actually get to visit LA. I think Jason Knetge lives there in Real Life, and we didn't have him on the team until it had already been in existance for a few years.

(Background for those who don't know: the fan fic only team Ghostbusters West Coast started in 2003. They picked LA as a base because, at the time, there weren't any LA based teams. They asked me to join later. In Real Life, I live in Indianapolis)
By Dougger
Yes everyone on that list is welcome except for Dougger!

He is a better break-dancer than me and I refuse to be outshined
Well, at least now you can admit it. Remember how you were bitching because you felt you would have won the break-off if you had a better piece of cardboard to dance on?
By Ron Daniels
Vincenzo330 wrote:I'd like to extend an invite to Ron Daniels to join as a satellite member. It would be invaluable to retain a man with such knowledge as to the inner workings of both the law and the gozerian.
Oh noes, my reach is growing. I've got Coast to Coast appeal now!
By Prefect42
My dog ate one of my boots and I should probably replace my Rothco now. But I can hobble down to AM/PM, pick up some Twinkies and join you So Cal groupies.

Thanks for the invite, kind2311.

Ted.
Prefect42.
By madeinsocal6
Vincenzo330 wrote:
madeinsocal6 wrote:Thanks for the invite!! I'm in as soon as I get my gear together. I'm shooting for June.
Hey thanks again for the hookup at the Aykroyd event. June is probably when I'll have all my new gear ready also (including my new pack with some legris elbows that might look familiar to you.)

No, problem. Always glad to help, it was a big advantage too considering where you would have started if I wasn't where I was at. Well hopefully once we get all our gear ready we could start to plan more events for the So-Cal Ghostbusters.
Proton Props UK

A handful? Really? Good luck with your wait, I ho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]