By CPU64
Dude, unfortunately, its the "Chicago way".
They're all about taking it from you saying they can do it better. Then eventually fail miserably at doing so.
And in the end, blame the other guys for the failure.
No matter the size, as small as a GB franchise, or as big as GM. they'll find a way to mess things up :)
By Kissimmee_Buster
I thought that the topic of discussion was over? Nobody has to prove anything; if someone wants to turn it into a pissing contest let 'em. Just drop it already and grow up. End of Discussion.
By Boomerjinks
This is what you get for putting words like "division" or "section" or "branch" or "chapter" in your franchise name.
By niceshootintex
Ok, first off, I'm sorry for anyone having franchise troubles. Nobody should be ignored, no matter what the context. Even if you have beef, just be honest and face it head on, that's what I believe. That being said, I have to say that this thread cracks me up because the whole uproar is about "franchise overlap" or "naming rights" or whatever, when in reality it really doesn't matter because we're not really ghostbusters and we don't really catch ghosts, and therefore are not legitimate businesses. If you're an honest-to-god charity group, with tax exemptions and everything, then that's a different story, but that's usually not the case.

But I have to point out, if I'm not mistaken, that a certain group here decided to change their name, for personal, yet harmless reasons, and caught nothing but shit for it. The best part, is that the grief didn't come from "name overlap", or a nearby group who we were infringing upon. No, it came from people who really shouldn't care and were just chiming in to be assholes. Honestly, it just saddens me, that's all. Mostly because I used to love this site, because of the wealth of knowledge and information and because of the sense of community...or so I thought. Hell, the very first time I ever posted on this site, I put up pics of my flightsuit and you know what I got instead of compliments? "Ewww, why didn't you get a truspec?!?!" Yea, that's a "hey kid, there's no santa claus" kind of let down. And I'm sorry for straying from the true topic here, but I just couldn't hold my tongue anymore. I've come very close to losing my interest in this hobby because every time I come here, I see, with my own eyes, the fun being sucked right out of an innocent and fun hobby, because of elitism, because of overzealousness, and because some people just take things way too seriously. Luckily I have a great group of friends who still love and enjoy this hobby and I still get a kick out of the reactions we get at conventions. There's no better feeling than stepping into a con and getting dozens and dozens of pictures taken because they think "holy crap, it's the ghostbusters!" I think people often forget this feeling, and the true nature of this hobby. I hope with everything I have that people can just stop being so serious and just remember that we're all a bunch of grown-ass men playing pretend, and that it's just a fun hobby. And it should stay that way..........regardless of your age, sex, race, location, or "group name".......

Ok I'm done......
By GB2032DKM
Ok, this is an interesting read.

I faced something similar with the GBs of SLC. The CEO of the franchise had his core group of ten years plus. When I came into the group, I noticed that he did fanfilms with the core members, but called the rest of use for Fundraiser bits. This left about 4-6 of us feeling left out.

So, I approached him with the idea of me running a "B" squad under the GBs of SLC banner. We call ourselves the E.R.T. Division. It stood for Experimental Research Team. We basically build stuff that is more modern looking and stuff people are afraid of playing with. That is why our tag line is "Weird is part of the job."

Myself and the CEO agreed that he is still in charge of the GBs of SLC and I direct all questions towards him.

I hold this helps a little bit with this discussion. Also, if they don't want to play, just be polite when people ask about them. You will then look like the better group without bad mouthing them.
By ProtonCharger
though it sounds from what you said like they're claiming they are apart of another division of the same team, which, they arent.

no dice.
By MotherPussBucket
I gotta agree with PC, Dan and AJ on this one.

Get over it.

Try to come up with a more original name next time? Like um...fluffhooogen Ghostbusters543544
By Kissimmee_Buster
Exactly!

I applied for a business franchise license last month, still waiting for the ok. But pc and I have formed a team called The Left Overs, We even have a fan page on facebook and a website. The local group will focus on entertainment and other will be representing. I found out that there was a band called the Left Overs, two totally different ideas of entertainment. does that mean we're changing the name? No, because they're not even from the U.S.

And I agree and understand what pc is saying, He is wise and people should listen to him. If Yoda wore a proton pack and paragoggles.
By Boomerjinks
If you feel threatened or left out by another team, you could also grow a pair and just beat them at their own game by being more awesome. I don't understand how some people are content to play second chair to pretend costume dress-up groups. "B teams" and "support branches" are really just your own admission that you aren't as good as someone else, and are perfectly willing to let them tell you what to do with your hobby of pretend costume dress-up.
By GB2032DKM
Boomerjinks wrote:If you feel threatened or left out by another team, you could also grow a pair and just beat them at their own game by being more awesome. I don't understand how some people are content to play second chair to pretend costume dress-up groups. "B teams" and "support branches" are really just your own admission that you aren't as good as someone else, and are perfectly willing to let them tell you what to do with your hobby of pretend costume dress-up.

Ssssshhhhh.....Don't go revealing my plans to rule the world just yet. I still need to get the car put together and the other equipment and I will show how awesome I can be. :)
By ProtonCharger
Boomerjinks wrote:If you feel threatened or left out by another team, you could also grow a pair and just beat them at their own game by being more awesome. I don't understand how some people are content to play second chair to pretend costume dress-up groups. "B teams" and "support branches" are really just your own admission that you aren't as good as someone else, and are perfectly willing to let them tell you what to do with your hobby of pretend costume dress-up.
this guy is of my own mind. im not second fiddle to a bunch of schmucks that arent even local. i learned alot from the orlando team, exactly what not to be. the left overs are where the money's at kids, and the better part, is we let anyone, from anywhere on the team and our numbers dont have a cut off. except when it comes to assholes.
By Kissimmee_Buster
Thank you Mr. protoncharger. and yes the left overs is where the money's at, I've been handing out advertisements all month and last month. And most people like the idea of having a wide spread group, not just one single group that picks and chooses who does what.
By dr_logan
Ok, my two cents... take it or leave it...

I can understand what is being said on both sides... On one hand being a franchise comes a sense of pride... Someone else comes along takes your franchise name, and denies you even exist... well... yeah that tends to make one rather irate...

At the same time though, I must admit, if someone else came along, with the idea of making a Lehigh Valley franchise... I suppose my ego would be wounded, however, I certainly wouldn't get too mad at them, considering they may even do a better job than I did, considering my franchise hasn't even got off the ground yet, people coming and going and all... so to be honest, if they could get theirs off the ground, as long as they didn't swipe my logos or concept art without my permission, I'd support them... maybe even join em myself.

Now if you contacted these chicago GBs and were friendly to them, and they acted like pricks... yeah, I'd be mad too... I understand the feeling... Especially if you worked your ass off to put your franchise together, It would be nice to be shown some respect, that's for sure.

Also what Bradboss was saying:
I contacted GBI last year. we'll operate with our without their blessing. Almost forgot Lehigh Valley--they are in PA, too!

Yeah LVGB operates outside of GBI too... Wouldn't mind being part of GBI, but since this franchise is far from ready, I don't see that happening any time in the near future... And of course as for two PA franchises... naturally LVGB and SCGB are two completely different city franchises, however... as fellow PA franchises, I for one wouldn't mind helpful colaborations between the two... I wouldn't mind helping where I can, and I for one wouldn't mind helpful assistance myself. LOL
By Charlie Richter
GBI wont try to stop you from being a franchise.

Are these 'other' chicago busters part of this site? Do they even matter in the eyes of anyone else here. So far have they only entered a video contest? Just be a better team and show them up, beats crying.
By Henners
the other team...as it seems, is just a bunch of dudes who threw together some props for Sony's contest. That's it. I can't believe you actually got upset over this.
By Dan Shannon
We stopped responding to this thread a almost month ago, are you done beating the dead horse yet?
By MotherPussBucket
I was thinking we could beat the horse to death, beat the dead horse, then bust the dead horse and put in it our ECU.
By Ghostbuster J
I can totally see both sides of this arguement, but I think I'm gonna side with Doc_LaVoy. It may not be real, as PC has been saying alot, but if these other Chicago Ghostbusters have a bad attitude and act in a way that would make them not welcomed by the community, then that is a real problem. What if Doc_LaVoy and his group try to get into a chairity event and because of the bad attitude of the other group the charity won't accept their help? I see no problem with there being to groups in one city, but for God's sake act like adults and treat each other with respect!
By keoni
ProtonCharger wrote: otherwise stop eating at mcdonalds. stop eating at tgi fridays. stop eating at hooters.
how the hell does that have to do with this topic???

Ghostbuster J wrote: but for God's sake act like adults and treat each other with respect!
couldnt agree more

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]