By Boomerjinks
Ron Daniels wrote: (btw, if you all didn't look the same - you might not all get called out. :P)
I lolled.
By Sledge
Ron Daniels wrote:What I find extremely amusing here, is people presenting that they have had bad encounters with 501st members, but quite clearly indicating that the 501st members in this thread seem to be alright.

Yet 501st members come in here and say "Every club has bad apples and I'm not one blah blah" We get that point. That's the point being made by other posters if you were looking closely.

Jesus, you people are getting a bit over sensitive about this whole thing.

If you people get this upset because a few people in your organization wind up giving the whole thing a bad reputation around some parts, I'd hate to see what you do when someone brings up politics.

(btw, if you all didn't look the same - you might not all get called out. :P)
Just how are we getting over sensitive?? by defending something we like other than Ghostbusters??
now I hear 2 kinds of bitching over the 501st

1st: their costuming standards and how we do not want the same type of standards.. really Why??

2nd: that at one point or another a 501st member has treated them like crap and or yelled at them for one reason or another... yet geat examples of this behavior can be seen in many threads throughout these forums by the verry members making the complaints.

I have heard everything from 501st are A** Holes to everyone loves GB but few like SW as an argument to the 501st well 4664 members and growing throughout the world and over 7000 approved costumes to date. countless charity events. its a good Gamble there are a lot of SW fans. I can say I have seen the good and the bad of both groups.

yes I have had issues with other members within the 501st but most were my own ego getting in the way.

at least I made an effort to play nice...
By Ron Daniels
If you read my post, you would see I addressed your question already.

If you are tired of hearing the bashing, you are more than free to defend the group - I believe you are missing a lot of the substantive information that caused these opinions to be formed. You yourself have admitted that the 501st is a complicated bureaucracy and you have had issues with it.

In my many years on the internet, I've seen a lot about the 501st. Some positive, some negative. But it seems that there is a reputation of elitism in regards to the group, nearly anywhere you go. You chose to be a member of it, and you know of it's problems - then fix it. Make a change for good. Sitting here and bickering is doing nothing for you, nor your organization.

I honestly think you are still playing nice, so am I. This is the internet - I try not to take everything to heart. If I did, I would have quit going most places simply because how my political affiliations have been bashed.

The fact remains, we don't want franchises to be like the 501st. It is certainly acceptable to have standards, but the standards have to be apples and oranges. Storm Troopers - they all look the same. Their armor looks the same. That's how it was in the movies. Ghostbusters is different. It's three guys with cobbled together equipment, not a Galactic Empire. We don't want to not let someone in because their pack is a little different. We don't want to not let someone in because their belt gizmo lacks the right calculator board. See what I'm saying?
By Krenzy
There's no GGC in Georgia, yet.

Also, not aure who to address this to, but I'm wondering how we get "certified" or accepted with our Ghostbusters Franchise. I already PM'd Dan AKA, but never got a response. AJ? Anyone?
By Foom Man
I didn't realize there was some sort of accreditation process. Once a team meets all the requirements is there some sort of second step? I assumed once you met all the requirements you were "in."
By Ron Daniels
Central Ga Ghostbusters wrote:
Krenzy wrote:There's no GGC in Georgia, yet.
Not true, there is.
Lord Demonic Mandoloran has spoken.

It's our arthouse European sensibilities in effect[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]