By Dan Shannon
In my time working for AT&T, I learned much about organization of larger companies. Basically, I learned how technicians are dispatched as well as how employees are identified inter-department.

Okay, my ideas on how to make the system more streamlined for customers:

1. Laptop computers for Ectomobiles - As time goes on, everyone and their mother owns a CB radio. Problem with this form of customer dispatch is everyone can hear in and invade in our customers privacy. I propose a business deal with Panasonic in supplying CF-19 Toughbooks with 3G HSDPA Cell Phone internet uplink. With this Laptop we can access job details via GBI's intranet. This way, we can keep a confidentially agreement with our customers and improve response time.

2. Employee GBIUID - GBI User IDs can be used to identify franchise members with a 6-digit alphanumerical ID. For instance, Rich Roy's ID would be RR924J, or me for another instance would be DS272F. This way we can keep better track of who was on what job in a given day making paperwork less a hassle.

3. Revamp on GBI ID Cards - In all honesty the standard GBI cards never really took off. We would need a new design. The new cards should be used to access restricted areas with a special reader. The ID cards would not have a bar code or magnetic stripe, but rather a close-proximity contactless unlock feature provided by HID using their iCLASS reader and cards. All info on the Ghostbuster in question should only be limited to the 'Buster's name, his/her picture, franchise in which they're involved with, and maybe an ID expiration date. A holographic foil should be visible in the top right corner with the GBI logo imprinted into it.

4. Use of a nationwide call center - Like all companies who are looked at to have a utility role in today's world has a major 800/866 number that customers call up, we should have one as well. In such a time of panic, I highly doubt anyone has time to look for the phone book for the local franchise when the 50" plasma screen you got for Christmas is flying at you at top speed. A nationwide call center should be enacted to filter calls to the proper franchise's secretary for processing.

That's about all I can contribute right now.

PS: That is all in character, if you honestly think we should buy this stuff, you're crazy.
By keoni
Dan Shannon wrote:
PS: That is all in character, if you honestly think we should buy this stuff, you're crazy.
damnit!!! i was really hoping for that new laptop... jerk!

LOL :grin::P
By GB_Wales
LOL, I was thinking, OMG this guy is seriously nuts..
Does GBI involve Role Play?
By Dan Shannon
ghostbusterinuk wrote:LOL, I was thinking, OMG this guy is seriously nuts..
Does GBI involve Role Play?
Yeah, GBI is primarily RPG-esque, but mostly in a way where GBI is considered an actual working company and that a new office in your area is considered in all respects an extension of the original Ghostbusters office. All I'm going for here is adding a little more of a business like feel to it.
By GB_Wales
Awesomeness :cool:
By Dan Shannon
keoni wrote:
Dan Shannon wrote:
damnit!!! i was really hoping for that new laptop... jerk!

LOL :grin::P

Okay, if you wanna pay $1,500 for a barely usable computer with an expensive internet card, be my guest ;)

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]