By Dan AKA
All right, start brainstorming, we need application guidelines for getting a franchise approved. Let’s take a look around, see what other costume groups are doing, but keep in mind that GBI is not meant to be the 501. We’re aiming for a casual atmosphere that will include anyone willing to pick up a proton pack and have fun!

Fan fiction franchises, you’re qualifications are pre-met. However, to avoid confusion I need your opinion; I would like to consider both a Ghostbusters International Franchise list that will direct people to costumed franchise websites, at the same time creating a Real Ghostbusters International Franchise list that will direct people to your websites or fan fictions. That way those looking to join or start a franchise will easily be able to do so, weather their strong point lay in building props or writing stories.

So let’s hear it guys, ideas for applying for “official” franchise status.
By Chace
So wait...Im a little drunk, and a lot confused....is what your talking about affiliated with the existing GBI?

http://ghostbustersinternational.com/

Which already has said franchise requirements in place.

And unless Im way off, which as a mod on the GBI boards, I hope Im not...Richard Roy is the director of GB OPS there and any such decision should go through him.

Or are you talking about starting a seperate thing?

I need more booze.
By Dan AKA
Central Ga Ghostbusters wrote:So wait...Im a little drunk, and a lot confused....is what your talking about affiliated with the existing GBI?

http://ghostbustersinternational.com/

Which already has said franchise requirements in place.
And has been gravely taken out of the lime light. And is updated rarely. It's not an insult to GBI as I helped with that, but GBI needs to be revitalized and for some reason no one is stepping up to the plate. This is to reform and recreate GBI to be something better, while putting it directly under the limelight so that more people who might be interested can get into costuming or fan ficing.
By Chace
well to be constructive for a change....I like the idea of requiring SOME sort of website, regular site, myspace, etc. and at least flightsuits and 2 or more members....I think most people willing to commit to that will eventually do other gear
By Dan AKA
Also to address your primary concern, I would love Rich's input on this, Fritz as well. As a I believe a transistion to GBFans is something GBI needs.
By Chace
Well while concerned, I do feel its needed, even to the point of purchasing the URL (or using a GBI.org)

In fact the more I think about it the more I feel this is needed.
By Kingpin
Two ideas come to mind for the franchise list which has both real and fanfiction franchises, both use a single page to list both types of franchise...

Here's the two concepts:
Ghostbusters International Franchises
Franchise #1
Franchise #2
Franchise #3
Franchise #4
Franchise #5
Franchise #6

Ghostbusters International Fanfiction Franchises
Franchise #1
Franchise #2
Franchise #3
Franchise #4
Franchise #5
Franchise #6
Or:
Franchise #1
Franchise #2Image
Franchise #3
Franchise #4
Franchise #5
Franchise #6
Franchise #7Image
Franchise #8Image
Franchise #9
Franchise #10
Franchise #11
Franchise #12Image

Legend
Image = Fanfiction Franchise
And of course, they can also be arranged by global location. Maybe even state in regards to North America.
By Chace
I like your second example Kingpin.

Maybe have some sort of icon or identifier for costume and FF so it would be like
Franchise #02 C (costumed)
Franchise#03 F (fanfic)
Franchise#04 C/F (does both)

also this is an example of what I mean, Im not saying these letters should BE the icons

though after thinking about it further that may look too busy.

As far as the application process as has been said before,some sort of website of myspace with pics of 2 members in costume i.e. at least flightsuits. The fanfic requirements could be the same, but they could use drawings/photoshops for the characters. That's pretty much what we were trying to do ove on the old GBI anyway.
Last edited by Chace on March 11th, 2009, 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Dan AKA
I also like the style of the second example list Ben posted. Tonight there should be guidlines posted, you'll find that a lot of the rules are unchanged from what everyone is familiar with. Which will be nice. We'll start reassigning numbers after we start accepting applications, however if you remember your number please include it with the application, so that I can start the new master list.

And a big thanks to everyone with thier interest. This new message board is just the start, hopefully a new section on the website will be revealed in 2009.
By Fritz
I'll admit that Rich (Spengs) has not been active much at GBI lately, and there's a lot of things I can't or won't do there because at the end of the day he's the one still paying the bills for it.

Well, anyway:

http://www.gbwc.net/

Founded in 2003, our goal is to protect Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, and of course California's beautiful San Fernando Valley from ghosts, ghouls, demons, monsters, werewolves, vampires, bugbears, goblins, jackals in hoodies, and any other supernatural menace you could name. Totally Ready To Believe You!!!™

(Fan fic based, of course. Jason Knetge is the only one who actually lives in LA :lol: )
By Dan Shannon
That means if you're a "Costumed" franchise, you have the props and stuff to go out into public with. "FanFic" means you make up a team that doesn't actually exist but use stories and art to make it "Legit." If you have both you have the props and costumes but also like the art aspect of it and create stories of your groups exploits.
By Adam Bestler
That's what I used to do. I went solo!

By Dan AKA
DonkeyPunch wrote:Dan, what about the idea you ran by us in the chat about individual field agents that have no franchise to be apart of?
Yes, that will be comming. Initial regulations are being worked on, I just have to speak to some people.
By bradboss12
This may help us out since we are still "evolving" and give us a charter (even if it's pretend). The Masons, Oddfellow, etc all had to start somewhere. The trick is that they all have to be "non-profit" and we can't be paying real money "dues" to the GBI or Sony will shut everything down. This site is VERY robust and it's updated constantly. : )
By devilmanozzy
What I'm thinking is split this into prop/costume Franchise and Fan-fic/script section. Personally I think someone into props should run the one, while someone into Fan-fics runs the other.
By Dan Shannon
What you mean? Have Dan run the Prop-based section and Ben run the FanFic-Based section?
By SinCityGhostbusters
Kingpin wrote:Two ideas come to mind for the franchise list which has both real and fanfiction franchises, both use a single page to list both types of franchise...

Here's the two concepts:
[url=http://www.SinCityghostbusters@hotmail.com real :whatever:
Franchise #2
Franchise #3
Franchise #4
Franchise #5
Franchise #6

Ghostbusters International Fanfiction Franchises
Franchise #1
Franchise #2
Franchise #3
Franchise #4
Franchise #5
Franchise #6
Or:
Franchise #1
Franchise #2Image
Franchise #3
Franchise #4
Franchise #5
Franchise #6
Franchise #7Image
Franchise #8Image
Franchise #9
Franchise #10
Franchise #11
Franchise #12Image

Legend
Image = Fanfiction Franchise
And of course, they can also be arranged by global location. Maybe even state in regards to North America.
By Marsupial
I'm member of both GB-Fans and GBI, and don't see why we'd have to move GBI into GB-Fans. I don't see this as a good idea at all.

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]