By Dan AKA
Dear Ghostbusters Fans,

First of all, let me welcome you to the opening of a brand new page in GBFans history, and a rebirthing of a Ghosthead tradition: Ghostbusters International. Secondly allow me to assure that this new rehabilitation of GBI is not being done to undermine ANY past incarnations of the title, but to build upon it turning the “Franchise” into something virtually all Ghostheads can take part in.

Also let me state that I know some of you have objections as to how I have acted elsewhere on the board and I whole heartedly must assure you that attitude will not be present here. The purpose of this forum is to encourage the development of regional franchises, to promote regional events, all the while creating a kind of hub that Franchise owners and participants can “talk shop” without rummaging through GBFan’s expansive regional section.

There are a few features I know we will have soon in the future, as already (amongst other projects) am hard at work converting official Ghostbusters International documents into easily obtained to be kept as a novelty for you recognition of your franchise. Re-establishing a set list of active franchises is also a top priority, as is designating regional codes to these franchises (Ghostbusters International Headquarters is 001, while Ghostbusters, Virginia is 012). Franchise designation will be completed based on order of application and do not designate one franchise better than the other.

I am also looking for Franchise leaders, whom I will be able to include in on important discussion pertaining to GBI including rules that all franchises should partake in, including Story Generated Franchises and general rewards as a participating franchise. This is merely a welcome post, and I welcome any questions or concerns to be directed into my PM In-box, or publicly on the boards.

As more develops, I will include all of you into hopefully an exciting experience.

-Dan Harshman
CEO Ghostbusters, Virginia
By gbmatt
Also let me state that I know some of you have objections as to how I have acted elsewhere on the board and I whole heartedly must assure you that attitude will not be present here
No worries buddy....you'll be fine...

Glad this is here....perhaps it will be a new place on here to hang out now.
Probably should have put this in the application topic.

We've been brainstorming on and off with a few of the "franchises" of making a website or board for the teams interested in charity work in the community and as a place for those teams to share ideas and events outside of GBfans. The only application process would be an established resume of events. We've been asked by many people at events that are actually from out of town if there are GB's in their areas that do charity work. Unfortunately I've only been able to say I don't know. It would be nice to send them to a centralized location to look up a team in their area. I'm not sure about assigning regions as we've done charity events in other states ourselves due to lack of interest from teams in that area.

The main problem, is that unlike the 501st, we do not have the good graces of Sony. In some ways it's nice because we don't have to get told we need 2 slime blowers and 4 blue suits at this event or that, but at the same time we'd all love to have the recognition of Sony. At least the video game peeps seem to notice us.

Our local main concern is making a code of conduct for our team itself. We've gotten enough members we do unfortunately need one now. How you act and one event will determine if you will be invited back and to others. Word of mouth has been our greatest asset, but we haven't gotten it from saying we're looking for ghosts or handing out dummy bills or putting busting fees on our website. Any type of role-playing scares the straights. A skit or stage show for the kids is about as far as it can reasonably go.

The 501st has costume standards which I can understand, but I see it as being a rather touchy subject. I know my personal pet peeve is tan suits that don't match within a team, but no one has authority to tell them to dye their suits or buy them from somewhere else. The average joe can't tell the difference between a vacuumformed or fiberglass pack, nor can they tell the difference between a movie accurate or junk pack. Our main requirement for new members is enthusiasm and dedication, then we'll help them get better stuff later on.

The name for any type of GB collective group is tough. The GBI name is already used for Richard Roy's site and franchise list. I always just end up thinking of the RPG.

In summary, I'm all for GB teams uniting, but teams are going to do what they're going to do. One can only hope they do what is best to represent all Ghostheads. I know if there is going to be a frachise list, it will need to state each team's speciality, fan films, car shows, charity, fan fiction, role-playing, etc.
By Chace
Consider Central Georgia Ghostbusters "down" as a franchise and I myself glady volunteer as a franchise leader. I'm looking forward to this new expansion of GBI.

Chace Ambrose
CEO Central Ga Ghostbusters
By AJ Quick
I think it is important to see the seperation between this and Ghostbusters International.

We are working to rebuild and strengthen the GBI platform by creating a new with the input from all the franchises out there. The Franchise section at Ghostbusters Fans hopes to capture the spirit (no pun intended) and imagination of those who participate in the GBI program... while connecting with other members here. Hopefully this whole new forum (and eventually full section of the site) will be accepted and things can move foward for Ghostbusters International here in 2009.
When it comes to the creation of any list of standards and guidelines for a franchise, I think it would be good to make note of the "Central Minnesota Ghostbusters" as an example of how not to act.

And in terms of any fanfiction stuff, I'd recommend Fritz and Vincent if they're available.
What would exactly be the upside or positives to being an official franchise on the list on any website? Will you be assigned an event to go to? If you don't go will you be banned from the site? What if your booster tube is too tall or piss hose too long? Are you not approved then? Are we going to have a quota of appearances? One has to consider most teams go out on Halloween and to one or two cons a year at most.

Again I really want teams to come together, but everyone has their own way of expressing their fandom. Can't really hold anyone accountable or tell them how to do it. Right now not too many teams are on the same page. I can only hope that changes.
jettajeffro wrote:What would exactly be the upside or positives to being an official franchise on the list on any website? Will you be assigned an event to go to? If you don't go will you be banned from the site? What if your booster tube is too tall or piss hose too long? Are you not approved then? Are we going to have a quota of appearances? One has to consider most teams go out on Halloween and to one or two cons a year at most.

Again I really want teams to come together, but everyone has their own way of expressing their fandom. Can't really hold anyone accountable or tell them how to do it. Right now not too many teams are on the same page. I can only hope that changes.

I agree sir, well said
By AJ Quick
jettajeffro wrote:What would exactly be the upside or positives to being an official franchise on the list on any website? Will you be assigned an event to go to? If you don't go will you be banned from the site? What if your booster tube is too tall or piss hose too long? Are you not approved then? Are we going to have a quota of appearances? One has to consider most teams go out on Halloween and to one or two cons a year at most.

Absolutely not.

In fact some of these franchises exist purely in fiction.. where the characters and online personas act out through fan fiction. I don't think there will be some crazy requirements like that, but I'm sure we can have a set of goals and ideals for each franchise to follow.
As AJ said, requirements are being discussed, but for a "costumed" franchise the requirements would be simple like a minimum of 2 people with jumpsuits, and a willingness to build gear, where as fiction franchises should be a shoo in as they already exist.

Requireing franchises to attened a certain amount of events is starting to get into that area of strict policy like the 501st where as what we want is to encourage appearances as a Franchise at charity events and cons, but not require it.
Dan you know the Steel City division is up for the challenge. We'll keep an eye on this but if you need to feel free to PM me.

I will be in charge of the Steel City Ghostbusters with Brad Bosshart (bradboss12) as the secondary
keoni wrote:question though, or i guess a clarification, if our franchise is already a GBI franchise, do we still have to reapply?
I think it is very important to maintain franchise numbers that were given out on GBI.
By keoni
AJ Quick wrote: I think it is very important to maintain franchise numbers that were given out on GBI.
i dont know that we were ever given franchise numbers or atleast i was never told what galena's is
keoni wrote:
AJ Quick wrote: I think it is very important to maintain franchise numbers that were given out on GBI.
i dont know that we were ever given franchise numbers or atleast i was never told what galena's is
Franchises on GBI transfering over would be automatically instated, it's only so that franchise numbers can be assigned. Non active franchses would not be transfered.
By Dan AKA
Central Ga Ghostbusters wrote:I think at some point (and Im not sure when) the franchise number system may have been abandoned. (on the GBI boards) But if anyone would know that for sure it'd be Fritz.
Actually it'd be me. I went back through archived material, and found that on the initial GBI master list on GBN the number system had already been abandoned. Which is irritating as hell as I don't have the original master list anymore.
By Fritz
Dan AKA wrote:
Central Ga Ghostbusters wrote:I think at some point (and Im not sure when) the franchise number system may have been abandoned. (on the GBI boards) But if anyone would know that for sure it'd be Fritz.
Actually it'd be me. I went back through archived material, and found that on the initial GBI master list on GBN the number system had already been abandoned. Which is irritating as hell as I don't have the original master list anymore.
The only list of numbers I have is one from the GBI/GBInc schism of 2003, and it only applies to the GBInc (the Fan Fic franchise) side of the company. This is it just for shits and giggles, as it's so out of date it's ridiculous:
Sherman Tully's official list of GBInc.

1 Ghostbusters
2 Extreme Ghostbusters
3 Nightsquad
4 NOMAD
5 Canadian GB
6 Division 6
7 EctoForce
8 East TN GB
9 Ghostbusters UK
10 Ghostbusters West Coast
11 Georgia Ghostbusters
:lol:

Rich's list doesn't have any numbers, save for referencing Ghostbusters New York as Franchise 0. If you know what site the list used to be on, maybe we could find it on the Internet Archive?
I still have the E-Mail my former Co-Founder Ed Ulatoski was given by Louis Tully stateing that Chicago Division is franchise #27. I kept it as back-up on the Company section of GB:CD's website.

EDIT*: Correction, 29th franchise. Damn, I thought I was higher up the list.
OAOSwartz wrote:Dan you know the Steel City division is up for the challenge. We'll keep an eye on this but if you need to feel free to PM me.

I will be in charge of the Steel City Ghostbusters with Brad Bosshart (bradboss12) as the secondary

what he said. I do 90% of the admin work anyway LOL. Let me know if there are any writs or warrants involved. We had our first meeting 5/24/08. We have a website, a myspace page, a logo, business cards, most of us have uniforms, I have a GB Lab and a critter assistant (Lugnut) and we are trying to get a movie off the ground, but the economy has hit some of our members, so we're a work in progress! : )
Dan AKA wrote:Dear Ghostbusters Fans,

First of all, let me welcome you to the opening of a brand new page in GBFans history, and a rebirthing of a Ghosthead tradition: Ghostbusters International. Secondly allow me to assure that this new rehabilitation of GBI is not being done to undermine ANY past incarnations of the title, but to build upon it turning the “Franchise” into something virtually all Ghostheads can take part in.,
That's awesome but more than one established list of GBI online is confusing. Is there no way to improve the already existing one?
Dan AKA wrote:I am also looking for Franchise leaders,
I'm William Boyer, leader of the Central North Carolina Ghostbusters franchise. We've been a franchise unofficially since Octover 18, 2007, the first day we took photos of Gray and I wearing our khaki flightsuits together. I've been trying to get the GBI website to accept us but they haven't for some reason.

Talk with me.
Dan AKA wrote:There are a few features I know we will have soon in the future, as already (amongst other projects) am hard at work converting official Ghostbusters International documents into easily obtained to be kept as a novelty for you recognition of your franchise. Re-establishing a set list of active franchises is also a top priority, as is designating regional codes to these franchises (Ghostbusters International Headquarters is 001, while Ghostbusters, Virginia is 012). Franchise designation will be completed based on order of application and do not designate one franchise better than the other.
Oooh, ooooh... I want that regional code! I wasn't certain how many franchises would realistically exist by 2007 so I put 056 on our little GBI print out acceptance paper. I'm hanging it and the EPA liscense on the wall during the filming of our movie. If Gray ever stops being too busy being married and otherwise too lazy to film again. Like I said, unoffcially since Oct. 18th, 2007, but GBI wouldn't accept us for some reason. Probably because we've only got one proton pack, but I recently built/found Gray a pair of Proton Pistols. Also we've only got the Myspace so far, but other GBI franchises only work off of a MySpace so I don't see what the problem is. I'd like to have a site but I don't do the HTML site side of things. Sadly that's Gray's department and it's a no go 'cuz he so slow, lol. Darn I'd be more upset than this if we hadn't been buds since kindergarten.

~Boyer, CNCGB

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]