Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Well, this has been an exciting couple of years for this franchise. This ongoing series has had an supremely exceptional run in my opinion. The Infestation event that got the ball rolling and was a lot of fun, I enjoyed the Mars Attacks and The Real Ghostbusters crossover, really enjoyed the X files conspiracy crossover event and now I am really looking forward to the TMNT/GB Crossover. That one is the number 1 crossover that I always wanted, but never thought possible, but the wonderful team at IDW is pulling it off. Not just in a one shot but in a story that is going to span 4 issues.

With all those crossover events being pulled off so flawlessly it made me think of other crossover events I would have loved to have seen during this comics run. I really would loved seeing the Ghostbusters and Real Ghostbusters event that was proposed when they decided to go with the Mass Hysteria story for the 30th Anniversary event. They made a great choice Mass Hysteria has kept me on the edge and I don't think it could have been topped. Still would loved to have seen it if the comic continued. I think a crossover with Buffy or Angel would have been sweet, but I am not sure if IDW still has the rights to those characters or not. I know they did for a time. This last one is a total pipe dream. I had mentioned this on another topic, but I would love to see The Real Ghostbusters meet The FIlmation's Ghostbusters. This one is pretty much impossible because I have no clue to who owns the rights to the Filmation characters with the studio being shut down for the past decade or two. I would just love for the Real Ghostbusters to show the Filmation guys how it was done. :) It will never happen because I really don't think anyone else wants to see this, but I think it would have been fun if all the right pieces were in place.

Actually any of the events mentioned above would be fun mostly because I would love to see what the team at IDW would have done if given the opportunity. They have continued to build on the mythos of the Ghostbusters Franchise and I thought it was already ending on a high note with Mass Hysteria, but to top it off with a TMNT crossover, well that is just Awesome. :)

I really only hope that the TMNT/GB crossover gets the numbers up to where The Powers That Be will let this wonderful team continue this Comic with a Volume 3 arc. Sorry for the long winded topic just something I wanted to share. Thanks for reading :):):)
mrmichaelt liked this
Ive had so many crossover ideas roaming about my head it isn't even funny. The Hank Braxtan fan film from years ago was pretty fun but I'd genuinly like to see the actual GBs take on Freddy Kruger. Granted ANOES is owned by another company but still how awesome would it be to see Venkman smack talking Freddy.

"Oooh a christmas sweater and butter knives Im so scared"

Suprisingly I think a crossover with Transformers would be awesome as well. Perhaps Megatron attempts gain control of a demon and bites off more than he can chew.
Ghostbusters vs The Amityville Horror. I enjoyed that little mention Erik put in the comic but good lord that story just writes itself. Though I think that would fit Tristan's art style.

Now a Gremlins crossover thats all Dapper Dan!
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
Wow guys those are some great ideas. I would love to see a Transformers cross over. I am sure there are many more properties in IDW's arsenal that could have worked as well. All you need is the right team to work on it and these guys are just aces. I think they could have taken any of there properties to crossover with and could have made it something golden. In perpetration for the TMNT GB event I started collecting the TMNT books to play catch up so I can see how well the 2 universes mesh. I just passed the City Fall arc and now see where the X files crossover fit in. I have really been missing out on some awesome stories in the TMNT universe. It has been very fun to get aquatinted with this particular TMNT cannon. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote: I really would loved seeing the Ghostbusters and Real Ghostbusters event that was proposed when they decided to go with the Mass Hysteria story for the 30th Anniversary event.
I never knew they were considering a GB/RGB crossover, maybe that explains the great RGB variant covers that popped up?
Roger Rabbit wrote:
Tyrael wrote:Fellow kids of the late 80s and early 90s, anyone else wonder why there was never a RGB/Beetlejuice crossover? I mean, those were two iconic cartoons of that time. Imagine the insanity.

Enjoy.
I agree on you on that. I wonder why not go with the RGB crossover with the Super Mario Bros. That would've been fine and Peter flirting with the pirncesses peach and daisy
I've been enjoying the TMNT/Gb crossover from IDw but I would love to see more. Specifically the GB's interacting with Shredder and Krang.

Shredder: Who are these fools!!!

Peter: The guy dresses like a cheese grater, has friend who's a brain and has the nerve to call us fool.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]