Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By GBMelnutz
So, Diamonds orders are due in about a week for the upcoming Ghostbusters Ongoing series.
And I noticed the Variant/Incentive cover in which they draw "You" on the cover as a GB.
What an Awesome Idea!
I'm going to talk to my shop owner (I work at a Comic Shop in S. Florida) and see if he'll do it.
The only down side is that you have to Order 500 copies of the Comic, but they are exclusive to your Shop.
With that order you also get a Lithograph of "You" as a GB too. I'm 28 and I've been working there for more then 5 years.
So, I'm pretty sure with a little nudge, he'll do it. I'll keep you all informed... wish me luck!

PS: Is there anyone else trying to get this Cover through their local Shop?

PSS: Proton Charger, calm down about the Equipment.
Every artist has their own interpretation, just be glad that we're FINALLY getting an Ongoing Series and not another Holiday/Annual Issue.
*I'll get offa my soap-box now.*
By TristanJones
It'd be great if you could, dude! The comic itself really is a solid product -- a great core title with fantastic extras in there to boot! I've already heard of a few other stores here in Australia and in the US that've got on board the 500 copy cover thing -- a lot of them are using it as promotional material for their own store (as each comic has the store logo and branding on it) as well as filling orders with the exclusive cover.
By GBMelnutz
After a 20 minute proposal to my Boss about the Variant Cover... He said, yes.
Hell yeah, I'm gonna be on the Cover of the First Issue!!!
On September 21st we're gonna have a Ghostbuster Day at the shop.
My buddy and I'll be in full uniform, the place will be decorated with all kinds of things and I just ordered the 8.5' tall Stay Puft... it's gonna be SWEET!
I just wish the GB Community was bigger in South Florida. The area South of Orlando/Tampa is a Dead Zone.
We've tried to find anyone else who has an outfit or equipment and we keep getting nothing.
If any Florida GBs are interested in coming to our Event, just message me.
Or you could call me at the shop... 561-697-2554 and ask for Matt.
By TristanJones
For real? Those Tampa Bay guys aren't able to help you out at all (especially when they're going to be on one of the variant covers as well)?

Congrat's though, mate! I may have to talk to you sometime about ordering one of the copies with you on the front to be sent over to Australia (signed of course)! ;)
By GBMelnutz
Thanks for all the support guys... It really means alot.
Especially seeing the Writer and Artist checking in on us.
No matter what some others are complaining about, your art style is awesome Dan.
I do have one question for IDW though... Are we able to pick our pose for the cover?
For the Godzilla covers, some shops had employees running out and screaming in horror.
I've got two ideas in mind, nothing fancy., just the typical Ghostbuster kinda pose.

And I'm not going to ask anyone to drive from Tampa or Orlando.
That's a 2-3 hour drive, on a Wednesday when everyone's either working or in school.
Having two GBs in Uniform is better then not having any at all.
I just started working on and ordering pieces for my Pack, so hopefully with the pedal to the metal, I'll be able to build mine before September 21st.
By gbcreel
Recently at this years 2011 San Diego Comic Con I had the amazing opportunity to interview Tom Waltz, Editor on The up-Coming Ghostbusters on-going series, and parents and children 12 and under PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to this interview... SOME VERY COOL STUFF! Enjoy

Please Check out the video at the following locations:

http://realtampabayghostbusters.com/

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/realtampbayghostbusters
By mrmichaelt
October solicits were released. Here's the log lines for #2
Is Mr. Stay Puft finally reforming after the battle with his doppelganger during the Infestation? Is that what's causing the huge PKE uptick in New York? As Winston and Peter take care of the annoying--and familiar--spook haunting the Crendall household, Ray receives a visitor at the firehouse... and this visitor could be what his prophetic dream was trying to warn him about.
Link: Comics Continuum

A Sanctum of Slime reference, at the least. :cool:
By GBMelnutz
I just got off the phone with Bobby from IDW.
He wants me to submit a couple of pictures and the shop's logo.
It's due by tomorrow evening.
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:They're not out yet, Travis! Make sure you get to your nearest comic book store and put your name down for it ASAP!
Is September 21st the finalized release date?
By GBMelnutz
I just got an email from IDW with the sketch of myself as a Ghostbuster.
How do you tell the artist that the person you drew doesn't look like an Alien?
They got my Hair and Eyes right, but they gave me an Alien shaped head.
In the picture, I have no jawline and my neck and chin are the same size.
I'm kinda worried...
By GBMelnutz
Here's IDW's first attempt and one of the pictures I submitted to them.
I'm 5' 10" and 140lbs, it's like they took my smaller framed head and put it on a 180+ pound body.
And like I stated previously, the artist gave me an Alien shaped head.
Seriously, I don't look like Roger from American Dad.
After emailing back & forth with Bobby from IDW, he said he'll talk to the Artist, because I brought up some valid points.
It just reminds me of a bad caricature you'd get at a County Fair.
I'm sorry if I'm coming off kinda knit picky, but am I right about the picture?

ImageImage
By GBMelnutz
mrmichaelt wrote:
TristanJones wrote:They're not out yet, Travis! Make sure you get to your nearest comic book store and put your name down for it ASAP!
Is September 21st the finalized release date?
And according to Diamond Comics, they're the distributor of the Comic, Wednesday September 21st is still the release date.
Plus, it'll be Bill Murray's 61st Birthday on 9/21 too.
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote:
GBMelnutz wrote: Plus, it'll be Bill Murray's 61st Birthday on 9/21 too.
September 21 is actually a Ghostbusters birthday double feature: ,September 21 is also the birthay of Alphonso Ribiero (Sept. 21, 1971)
:roland:
,,,All on one day? So... a fourfold crossrip? A P.K.E. surge of incredible, even dangerous proportions? :walterpeck:
By GBMelnutz
After a dozen emails, sent back and forth between IDW and myself, here's the Final results...

I think it came out pretty well, tell me what you guys think.
By mrmichaelt
GBMelnutz wrote:I think it came out pretty well, tell me what you guys think.
Much better, man! The sketch you posted earlier had your forehead way too big.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]