Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
This was indeed a welcome respite from all the crossovers....until the Transformers crossover arrives. I mean, I like Transformers, but really, another crossover?! Next thing you know, they'll be doing a Jem crossover in which Synergy is a ghost possessing the machine that Jem's dad built! Oh great, I jinxed it....

Anyhow, I liked it overall, but not loved it.
This Post Contains Spoilers
NotSabbat wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 3:30 pm
HauntedWallflower wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 1:22 pm Next thing you know, they'll be doing a Jem crossover in which Synergy is a ghost possessing the machine that Jem's dad built! Oh great, I jinxed it....
Not gonna lie, I would buy that comic.
As would I. It would be a crossover both my wife and I could enjoy together.

Great callback to the original film with Winston. Whomever caught that to add it in deserves a raise.
HauntedWallflower wrote:This was indeed a welcome respite from all the crossovers....until the Transformers crossover arrives. I mean, I like Transformers, but really, another crossover?! Next thing you know, they'll be doing a Jem crossover in which Synergy is a ghost possessing the machine that Jem's dad built! Oh great, I jinxed it....
Well, at least were getting some more GB stories even if it's not what we expect. Anything is better than nothing; at least until IDW probably announces something major in June for the 35th anniversary.
35TH ANNIVERSARY GHOSTBUSTERS

HEAVY WATER
Easter eggs so far
THREE MINUTES INTERVIEW

So there's going to be another release in October besides the conclusion of the Transformers/Ghostbusters series... and Tom points how it's Halloween time. Another Halloween-themed Annual?
Last edited by mrmichaelt on April 9th, 2019, 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Not much to add other than to say that I absolutely loved this. I think this one had Murray’s voice and delivery down better than any issue previous, and that’s acknowledging that it has always been good! Page 15, panel 4 is dripping with, “Oh Ray, the sponges migrated about a foot and a half” energy!
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: April 4th, 2019, 6:47 pm Dan posted a colored scene of Transformers battling on Cybertron. Again, if anybody can I.D. any, post away. ;)
https://twitter.com/dannyschoening/stat ... 9171212288
Okay... best I can do at the moment... from left to right in the main action panel:

In the air:
Thundercracker as a tri-jet, Lazerbeak, Bumblebee, Skywarp

On the ground:
Sunstorm (or just a random Starscream recolor. The old cartoon was full of them), Trailbreaker, Hoist, Brawn, Gears

Bottom Panel:
Thundercracker and Skywarp in Tri-jet form
The three robots are known as Reflector.
mrmichaelt liked this
Thanks!
zeta otaku wrote: April 4th, 2019, 9:51 pm In the air:
Thundercracker as a tri-jet, Lazerbeak, Bumblebee, Skywarp
Agreed.
zeta otaku wrote: April 4th, 2019, 9:51 pm On the ground:
Sunstorm (or just a random Starscream recolor. The old cartoon was full of them), Trailbreaker, Hoist, Brawn, Gears
I agree that's Sunstorm, Trailbreaker, and Brawn. I think that's Grapple between Trail and Brawn. The one with the red arms, I don't think that's Gears.
zeta otaku wrote: April 4th, 2019, 9:51 pm Bottom Panel:
Thundercracker and Skywarp in Tri-jet form
The three robots are known as Reflector.
Agreed. And that's the Ark they're shooting at I think!
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote: April 5th, 2019, 4:36 pm Spook Central's preview for 35th Anniversary The Real Ghostbusters
https://www.facebook.com/spookcentralgb ... ?__tn__=-R
groschopf wrote: April 5th, 2019, 7:04 am Early preview of the Transformers book here:
I wonder if Issue #1 will partially adapt More than Meets the Eye, Part 1. Sort of like how Get Real adapted part of Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster.

EDIT: Tom posted another page from the RGB comic.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1114326205203763202
Fritz wrote: April 5th, 2019, 4:44 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: April 5th, 2019, 4:36 pm Spook Central's preview for 35th Anniversary The Real Ghostbusters
https://www.facebook.com/spookcentralgb ... ?__tn__=-R

I was wondering the same thing. I was wondering if in the RGB World they are still in the season 2 time frame. If they are then they would not have dealt with Robo Buster Yet. Of course that is me just overthinking it. In the long hall it doesn’t really matter where in the RGB timeline they are right now unless it is relevant to the story. It’s up to the writers at this point. I am still excited to read this one. Even though we have seen this story 3 times before the method that these new guys use is very unique and advanced. After being made aware that there are other Ghostbusters in infinite dimensions I wonder if that would influence the RGBs approach with these Spook Away Guys. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: April 6th, 2019, 2:17 am I was wondering the same thing. I was wondering if in the RGB World they are still in the season 2 time frame. If they are then they would not have dealt with Robo Buster Yet. Of course that is me just overthinking it. In the long hall it doesn’t really matter where in the RGB timeline they are right now unless it is relevant to the story. It’s up to the writers at this point. I am still excited to read this one. Even though we have seen this story 3 times before the method that these new guys use is very unique and advanced. After being made aware that there are other Ghostbusters in infinite dimensions I wonder if that would influence the RGBs approach with these Spook Away Guys. :):):)
We'll see, since the SOS story in IDW 20/20 was right after Crossing Over. Presumably, they haven't met Robo-Buster yet in this version but Ghosts R Us is still relevant and it still looks like the original look for Janine. I was thinking maybe because of the time they were away during Crossing Over influenced the founding of Spooks Away to take advantage of the absence. I'm sure the cover story was they went on vacation and while they were gone, there was a surge of ghosts. I'm curious about their tech. First impressions, neither of them seem like engineers or scientific polymaths...
By Dsyfer
mrmichaelt wrote:35TH ANNIVERSARY GHOSTBUSTERS

Dsyfer wrote: April 8th, 2019, 11:53 am
Could be. It comes up on page 2 definitely. But it could be from anything involving a museum, not just RGB.
HauntedWallflower wrote:Luis' Instagram - The blowhard from Spooks Away getting a dose of Slimer's attitude.
Ha ha, he finally caved and got a social media account.

He also noted he finished his last page for Transformers/GB #1 on March 15. So he and Dan are on #2 right now.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu-RI-dlkuz/

EDIT: Erik the saw the proof of TF/GB #1.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 5116869633

EDIT: Re: on that dragon head on page 1 of last weeks 35th issue. Liverstealer figured it out.
https://twitter.com/Liverstealer/status ... 3930534914
Just got my copy of the Real Ghostbusters one shot today, it was the last copy my local comic book store had so I am really grateful I went out today. The writing by Cavan Scott really did make it seem like a lost episode of the cartoon. The artwork was top notch too! I am looking forward to reading The Extreme Ghostbusters one shot as well.
mrmichaelt liked this
35th Anniversary: The Real Ghostbusters

"Spooks Away"
Easter Eggs so far
*NormalGamer* liked this
LOL! I think it is going to be really fun to see this crop deal with this kind of entity by themselves. By that I mean an entity that isn't just some Ghost, but a Demon.

Absolutely not trying to open a can of worms here. Just curious. I still think this issue is going to be pretty fun. I do think that it is interesting and pretty clever that each world so far is keeping to their individual rules and overall feel. Like the class 99 that exists in the cartoony world of RGB. In the Prime Universe the classification of Ghosts doesn't exceed 7. In this reality much like the film you can't even take this Cult too seriously because they are written satirically stupid. That seems to be the rule in the ATC world, if you are not one of the 4 core members you are less than useless. ;)

I was hoping that maybe they would make this world feel less like a satire and start throwing some serious threats that would really challenge the characters. I saw them do some serious growth in 101 and Crossing Over. I would really love to see these characters do some growth on their own. If they did that though it probably wouldn't feel like ATC. So I guess it is kind of a double edged sword. Well the opening of this story may seem a bit silly, but I can't really draw any conclusions until I read the whole book next Wednesday. Again I still think this will be fun. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pm That seems to be the rule in the ATC world, if you are not one of the 4 core members you are less than useless. ;)
You take that back about Rebecca Gorin! :D
But yeah, after a slightly woolly RGB entry, the ATC one looks to have captured the voice of its inspiration a lot better, so I’m looking forward to this one!
Finally checked out the RGB comic -- that was a lot of fun. They pretty much nailed the voices and the artwork (the ectoplasm looked great), although a few things were a little off, like the proton packs, the sign over the firehouse door being round instead of square, etc., but obviously those are just minor gripes that didn't really ruin anything. I would totally be down for a whole series of this RGB comic, with the same artists and writers.
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pm LOL! I think it is going to be really fun to see this crop deal with this kind of entity by themselves. By that I mean an entity that isn't just some Ghost, but a Demon.
Yeah, it's cool to see them settle into the routine of going out on calls and busting ghosts then having to deal with a Class 7 every so often.
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pmI hope I am just reading too much into this, but with the cult being devestated at the fact that the host of their deity is female. Is sexisim going to be a running joke in the ATC world?
Interesting query. Since ATC did lean more towards the modern era and current issues, I think it comes part and parcel. But to be honest, I didn't even think of a sexism component but that's a fair interpretation. I thought they were just following the lore to the "T" and it specified a male vessel.
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pm Like the class 99 that exists in the cartoony world of RGB.
I don't know, I felt like that crossed a line even for RGB. I would have preferred something like, "He's just as powerful as Cathulhu!" Stick to Class 1 to 13, y'know?
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pmstart throwing some serious threats that would really challenge the characters.
They had a serious enough threat with Kruger in the ATC mini-series, imo.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]