Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Capt. Reynolds
ProtonCharger wrote:
Capt. Reynolds wrote: Well that sucks... As someone who dislikes Dan's art it's going to be annoying enough reading the book with his art, but not having Nick on covers to go with the rest of them, that are all Nick... :(
you're not alone. i dont like his art, and ive dropped all other idw books while he's on the series.
Well, all power to you, but I'd nver go that far. Not while they're doing some fantastic Dr Who comics and bringing back the Ninja Turtles with co-creator Eastman on board.

They're doing too much good for one annoyance to stop me buying all their books. And it won't stop me buying this, I like Ghostbusters too much for art to ruin it for me. I've said before, whoever done the Christmas one shot is the art I'd love to see in an ongoing, Dan, not so much...
By td9993
ProtonCharger wrote:
Capt. Reynolds wrote: Well that sucks... As someone who dislikes Dan's art it's going to be annoying enough reading the book with his art, but not having Nick on covers to go with the rest of them, that are all Nick... :(
you're not alone. i dont like his art, and ive dropped all other idw books while he's on the series.
This basically says to me, "There's enough Ghostbuster stuff. Now we can be picky.".
Boy, I sure wish we had that problem back in the 80's.
By mrmichaelt
I've been wondering since I started buying IDW's GB comics. But is it possible for there to be a variant cover with a fold-out 2 or 3 page front cover someday? I remember those from back a couple years and always got a kick out of them.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:Love that moody shot of Walter Peck.
Agreed, guess he's still waiting for the fruit basket.

But with the reveal about Peck and P.C.O.C., it's definitely more interesting to see the Ghostbusters series take place post-The Video Game and maybe Erik Burnham will get to incorporate some of those things he was alluding to in the Infestation thread.
By Erik Burnham
There's a lot of things I'm looking to incorporate!

And, just so's you guys know, we ARE having discussions about more bonus content for the single issues than JUST T's P.C.O.C. stuff down the line! More as it develops.

Pre-orders will start in (roughly) three weeks for Ghostbusters #1 -- the future of the comic is in your hands!

And for those (like me) without a comic shop nearby -- there are TONS of retailers who have an online presence willing to place your pre-order for you, so you have no excuse!
By SlimeGuy
Every update gets me more and more excited!

Can't wait for the first issue Erik. Do you have any other hints regarding the new "bonus content" that you're willing to throw our way? :)
By Erik Burnham
No hints to give yet -- we're still in the talking phase, but it is our goal to make the monthly book harder to resist for the trade-waiters.

We've been discussing things like pinups, back up stories, and maybe even "deleted scenes" -- but nothing is set in stone yet... we're just talking about what we'd like to do and how feasible it would be to include.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:There's a lot of things I'm looking to incorporate!

And, just so's you guys know, we ARE having discussions about more bonus content for the single issues than JUST T's P.C.O.C. stuff down the line! More as it develops.

Pre-orders will start in (roughly) three weeks for Ghostbusters #1 -- the future of the comic is in your hands!

And for those (like me) without a comic shop nearby -- there are TONS of retailers who have an online presence willing to place your pre-order for you, so you have no excuse!
Good to know. <cough>Stay-Puft. Containment Unit. Infestation<cough>

Sweet. Some sort of notes or commentary as a bonus would be pretty neat, too. But back up stories would be cool, too...sounding like a broken record but I'd like to see Tristan Jones do a few before he gets too busy (if he ain't already).
By TristanJones
I'd love to mrmichaelt, and it is honestly starting to look that way (as something pretty amazing for me personally was just put on my table within the last couple of days that's impossible to refuse), but it's Ghostbusters and I'd make time for it regardless. As Erik said, there are a few things we're looking at and just working out what's feasible.

Also, go to your comic shops now and tell them that this Ghostbusters book is going to be amazing, because it is and because they need to stock it!
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:I'd love to mrmichaelt, and it is honestly starting to look that way (as something pretty amazing for me personally was just put on my table within the last couple of days that's impossible to refuse), but it's Ghostbusters and I'd make time for it regardless. As Erik said, there are a few things we're looking at and just working out what's feasible.

Also, go to your comic shops now and tell them that this Ghostbusters book is going to be amazing, because it is and because they need to stock it!
Ha ha, ain't that always the case. Well, busy is good.

I went to a shop near my place the other day and talked to the owner about his order of the comic and the variants. But I had to explain the GB3-April Fool's article, that people thought were legit, for the first hour then it sorta drifted into Marvel comics movies and DC comics renumbering as a gimmick but yeah, I mentioned the comic every so often in the conversation. :walterpeck:
By TristanJones
Capt. Reynolds wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Tristan Jones posted two deviations on his Deviant Art that hint at the comic.

Digital Inking

IDW Ghostbusters teaser
Now that's the kind of art I'd love to see in the actual issues rather than back up extras.
That's kind of you to say dude! Maybe at some point, but right now, what Dan and Luis are doing is really f****g cool. What I saw this morning when I got up blew my mind with pure rad. It's gonna be a lot of fun!
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote:Good to know. <cough>Stay-Puft. Containment Unit. Infestation<cough>
Well, although a in-story explanation is always nice, the fans have had this angle covered for years: Somebody had to clear up all that ectoplasmic marshmallow goop.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Good to know. <cough>Stay-Puft. Containment Unit. Infestation<cough>
Well, although a in-story explanation is always nice, the fans have had this angle covered for years: Somebody had to clear up all that ectoplasmic marshmallow goop.
Definitely. Not like the City & County was chomping at the bit to do it. I'm still a little curious what Mr. Burnham's idea for it from time to time.
By mrmichaelt
Noticed some interesting bits in the Twitterverse.
TRexJones wrote:Start working on the cover to issue 3 of @idwpublishing's Ghostbusters comic today!
Link: 6/9/11 Tweet
erikburnham wrote:While @TRexJones works on a cover for Ghostbusters #3, not to be outdone, I've started the cover to #4 between scripts. #lotstodotoday
Link: 6/10/11 Tweet

To quote a famous red guy, "Oh Yeah!!"
By TristanJones
Not to draw away from this particular forum, because I've come to think of this board as something of a home, but Tom just informed me that IDW've opened up a Ghostbusters forum over on their boards as well! Hopefully you'll all swing over there at some point, too, as it'll definitely be the best place for you guys to touch base with other comic fans that aren't necessarily part of the hardcore fan base (some you may be able to convert and draw over here ;) ), as well as IDW editorial and the creative team more regularly.

Head on over and take a look, and spread the word too!

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewforum.php?f=34
By Kingpin
Once again Protoncharging gets the scoop, showcasing the "A" and varient covers to Ghostbusters #2, featuring a healthy doseage of ectoplasm and the fab four!

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]