Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By GBMelnutz
They originally gave me a Fivehead and Dan Aykroyd's body.
I was told through emails that the cover was pretty much a "Cut & Paste" job and they were using Egon's body for the template.
They did that because they didn't want to offend "hefty" shop owners, so they used the most average Ghostbuster's body type.
I know I'm a minority in this community, I can't believe I just said that, but skinny Ghostbusters do exist.
Here's the final cover, with the shop's logo...
By mrmichaelt
IDW solicitations for November were released today. Here's the details on GB#3
Ghostbusters #3

Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening (a) • Schoening, Nick Runge (c)

In his prophetic dream, Ray was warned about something called The Third—and now, with the reformation of the Destructor on the horizon, Ray's about to come face to face with the creature itself! Who is The Third? What does it want? All the answers in this issue of Ghostbusters, and a Terror Bear besides! Be there!

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 4-to-1 ratio (4 Dan Schoening, 1 Nick Runge)
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*Variant covers:
Tristan Jones cover!

*Each issue contains two pages of behind-the-scenes Ghostbusters extras, by Tristan Jones!
Link: CBR Article

You had me at Terror Bear.
By GBMelnutz
According to Diamond Comics Distributors, IDW pushed the release back to September 28th.
That's kind of annoying when we're trying to advertise a Release Date Event.
By Erik Burnham
GBMelnutz wrote:According to Diamond Comics Distributors, IDW pushed the release back to September 28th.
That's kind of annoying when we're trying to advertise a Release Date Event.
It was a buffer, possibly due to lingering cover approvals. The 28th is it for sure!

I'm still open for store signings for number one's opening... (;

(Of course, that's probably only feasible for stores within a day's drive of the middle of nowhere, but hey!)
By Kingpin
Love Runge's varient to #4, I especially love the way the lights have been rendered.

I also dig your artistic contribution Mr. Burnham, I see we're treated to a less shadow-y view of Dr. Stantz's nightmare creature.
By TristanJones
Just finished up my work on #2, and I'll be completely honest, I think it's some of the best stuff I've done. At least, I'm really proud of it. It's going to make things for #3 very interesting (on my end at least) and from each issue on, as it means I'm going to have to try and outdo it on a personal level. Remember, preorders for #2 are ludicrously important, so order up! Order up for you and everyone you know! DO IT!
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:Oh yeah, and if you guys wanna drop by my website -- http://www.burnhamania.com -- you can take a glance at my variant to #4
Whoa, so starting with #4, there's going to be four total covers-one each by Dan Schoening, Nick Runge, Tristan Jones, and you?
By mrmichaelt
Dapper Dan wrote:Luis and I collaborated on this cover for issue 3. Hope you like! http://dapperpomade.tumblr.com/post/101 ... ver-colors
Sweet! Guess we know what a Gozerian Terror Bear looks like now. Ads for Stay Puft and maybe that Happy Turkey Stuffing from Guess Who's Coming to Dinner in last years Trade Paperback. And is that a new "toy" Egon's handling? Very cool cover.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:Sort of new... sort of...
Slime Blower Mark III comes to mind but ah these covers are looking so, so good.

EDIT: Mr. Luis Delgado posted page 20 of Issue 1...by mistake maybe.

Page 20

Watch out it reveals an appearance of a previously unconfirmed but overly obvious character.
By GBMelnutz
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

If anyone is interested, I just listed these on EBAY and if you're in South Florida next Wednesday, stop by the shop.
We'll be having a 20% off Sale and doing all kinds of GB related stuff.
Hopefully I'll see ya there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0610117741

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=279492218743502
By JayTigran
Just finished issue #1, LOVE IT! All the sight gags, early references to the movies & game, the story, the character interaction, THE ART, I just love it all!!!!!

Excellent work on EVERYONE'S part!

This Post Contains Spoilers
By Vincenzo330
Don't tell my boss but I took an extra long lunch Today. I ran over to my comic shop and picked up #1 and read it right there in the parking lot.

I just have to say, this is without a doubt the best written issue since IDW began printing GB books. Not to say that other books haven't been good but THIS IS PHENOMENAL!

Nice job you did Mr. Burnham! ==6

Dan's art and the colors are gorgeous and Tristan's supplemental material (although rather short) is the icing on the cake.

I'm more excited than ever for this series!

I was able to get the A, B (the Nick Runge cover and my personal favorite of the bunch) & RI covers, they didn't order enough at my shop to get the Glow-in-the-dark variant so I guess I'm off to EvilBay for that ;)

HUUUUUGE hats off to IDW for this one!
By Foom Man
Vincenzo330 wrote:Don't tell my boss but I took an extra long lunch Today. I ran over to my comic shop and picked up #1 and read it right there in the parking lot.

I just have to say, this is without a doubt the best written issue since IDW began printing GB books. Not to say that other books haven't been good but THIS IS PHENOMENAL!

Nice job you did Mr. Burnham! ==6

Dan's art and the colors are gorgeous and Tristan's supplemental material (although rather short) is the icing on the cake.

I'm more excited than ever for this series!

I was able to get the A, B (the Nick Runge cover and my personal favorite of the bunch) & RI covers, they didn't order enough at my shop to get the Glow-in-the-dark variant so I guess I'm off to EvilBay for that ;)

HUUUUUGE hats off to IDW for this one!
With that glowing of a review I'm going to have to pick up my issue at my local store ASAP.
By SlimeGuy
Amazing work fellas!

Story: A
Art: A
Little throwbacks: A-FREAKING-MAZING!

I feel it's one of the best (next to the humor of infestation) comics that IDW has ever released.

Our comic store sold out! (Next time they'd better order more)
By GB:A Rich
I'm fairly sure it's an artistic choice, as the other renditions have been fairly accurate to the movie packs. I can see why it bugs people, but I personally don't think a movie accurate pack would fit with Dan's art style.
By td9993
joeghostbuster wrote:while dapper dan is amazing artist, I couldnt help but notice the terrible detailing of the proton packs on this particular image...

http://traditionaldanimatio.deviantart. ... -260666796

is this an artistic choice? or is there an issue with sony which says he isnt able to reproduce the equipment as it appears in the films?
I also noticed the Ecto 1 had different hubcaps than in the first movie and the firepole was a different shade than in GB2.
Hope I'm not putting words in the artists mouth, but a perfectly looking proton pack would look ridiculous when put up with the smooth lines of the characters.
Fark me. Sorry, but it's this kind of question that ruins most of the fun in TV shows/movies and books.

Anyhoo--- I just wanted to chime in that, ya, I'm a GB fan but I've also been reading comic books longer than most of you have been alive and I have to say it was spot on.
The mini series they've had have always been "meh" for me. I didn't even finish that awful novel they brought out. For me it was all like reading fan fiction.
This issue had more depth of character and story than the last 3 mini's. Great intro for new readers and plenty of fun for old timers.
The weird thing was, I could hear the RGB music but the movie voices in my head. Nice blending. One of the things I loved about the first GB story from 88mpg was a spot where Ray was on the building pondering about the ghosts they trap. Non of the previous stories took that time to do something like that. I really felt this issue tried to do that and more.
The interaction was great and the art was fun. (The back up story was also a real treat.).
All in all, I've been telling people at our comic store (I work there, not some dude hanging out by the comic rack yelling at people) about this book. Hopefully it does well enough, because it certainly deserves the chance.
(And let's face it. It's way better than DC's Flashpoint).

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]