Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
According to Bleeding Cool News, IDW is set to lose both Transformers and GI Joe in 2022. Speculation is these properties will be going to Boom studios, home of the Power Rangers comics, which of course is another Hasbro property. This could be why we haven't heard anything about Ghostbusters as it may be joining it's 80s franchise cousins in the jump (this bit is purely speculation on my part)
Hmm, intriguing. Definitely makes the business relationship with Hasbro go even deeper if that's the case and put all the Hasbro comic i.p. under a an umbrella related to them. And it does track. IDW lost the all-ages Marvel line and just lost the Star Wars all-ages stuff to Dark Horse the other week I think. Man, what a blow to IDW. At this rate, they'll just have TMNT and be creator owned projects.

But man, kinda skeevy because Sony has been so supportive of IDW's Ghostbusters all these years then to just... I mean I get it, it's business but still. Hate to see IDW lose GB too and have the comic rebooted. But again, that's business... gulp.
Kingpin liked this
Fritz wrote: November 30th, 2021, 7:30 am On one hand, the big difference is that Hasbro doesn't own Ghostbusters. On the other hand the fact that IDW hasn't announced anything now that Afterlife is out is not a good sign either.

I guess it would be difficult to surprise me at this point.
Good point but Hasbro does now have the license to do the GB toyline and has been pumping out releases. That's all I meant.

Yeah, we're basically still at the same point - will IDW (a new company) make a press release or will we find out in a monthly comic solicits article next month or early next year?
*NormalGamer* liked this
Sorry to hear this, I have enjoyed many of the G.I. Joe stories that IDW has published along with the TMNT stories as well.
Plus, the Ghostbusters comic books despite a rough start with The Other Side have been some fun reads. Really enjoyed the artwork too, and all of the Easter Eggs from Dapper Dan and Luis Delgado.

Even though I don't know that much about ownership rights for an I.P. like Ghostbusters, I would imagine that Sony and Ghostcorps would have the final say in changing publishers.
Honestly, I wouldn’t mind seeing some fresh story lines and actual creativity for future GB comics. I feel like near the end, they’ve had to resort to purely crossovers. I’d be interested in seeing what a real writer can do for this franchise.
As someone who could never get into the IDW Ghostbusters comics (they just aren't my style), I would very much welcome a new series from a new company, provided they do good work.
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: December 10th, 2021, 5:22 pm News broke that it's Robert Kirkman's Skybound that is reportedly in talks to take over the GI Joe and Transformers publishing licenses.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 235060895/
Tom Waltz confirmed that IDW is losing Transformers and GI Joe licenses in 2023. However, he didn't mention Ghostbusters and wrote that they are busier than ever.

Here's the link to his tweet: https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/148 ... 82946?s=20
Anyone else thinks it's odd we haven't heard anything yet? It's been nearly six months since afterlife was released. I was expecting an announcement from Sony that someone like Boom studios had acquired the comic rights to Ghostbusters. Yet we hear nothing. What is Sony thinking, clearly there's an audience, thus licensing money in it for them?
Any comic that covers events after Ghostbusters afterlife would become non cannon as soon a sequel came out. That happened to a star trek comic based on the motion picture, atop the fourth wall covered it a while back.

But there's always story lines based on the first two movies especially if boom comics or the like rebooted the story. If IDW some how still had the licence they could build toward the team breaking up and Egon working on his own. Maybe via flashbacks show Egon's relationship with his daughter. Her mother could probably not be shown thought.
Bison256 wrote: April 16th, 2022, 8:02 am Anyone else thinks it's odd we haven't heard anything yet? It's been nearly six months since afterlife was released. I was expecting an announcement from Sony that someone like Boom studios had acquired the comic rights to Ghostbusters. Yet we hear nothing. What is Sony thinking, clearly there's an audience, thus licensing money in it for them?
Bison256 wrote: April 16th, 2022, 5:21 pmIf IDW some how still had the licence they could build toward the team breaking up and Egon working on his own. Maybe via flashbacks show Egon's relationship with his daughter. Her mother could probably not be shown thought.

Well, as of now, IDW is no longer in debt anymore; they're debt free according to their latest financial report a few weeks ago:

https://idwmediaholdings.com/idw-announ ... -comments/
Mr. Rosensaft stated, “2021 was a pivotal turnaround year that set the groundwork to drive sustained, long-term value for our shareholders. We accomplished an incredible amount of heavy lifting in 2021, revitalizing our strategy with an aggressive focus on producing new original content, strengthening the management team, transforming our balance sheet with an equity capital raise and paying our debt down to zero, and listing our stock on the NYSE American.
Ms. Feinstein added, “We’ve started 2022 with an exceptionally strong first quarter financial performance, and our balance sheet remains solid and debt free with ample liquidity to pursue growth initiatives and continue to build our original IP library.”
Now that's good news, but as to how this relates to the state of IDW Ghostbusters? For now, it's unknown, but we will just have to wait and see what happens in the coming months this year.
Kingpin, robbritton liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]