This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Kingpin
I love it when stuff like this comes together. :-)

Ramjet, looking good.

Marty, looking forward to seeing the update.
By enchanted unicorn
Ramjet wrote:This is better - the proportions are now correct.

Posted just in time! I was about to post a comment about the proportions. As an artist, I should know better about making comments on works in progress. I'm following your project because I prefer exploring other things about the franchise besides packs and the 4 main characters. keep up the good work.
By Ramjet
Only a little progress today.

I had better spend some time with Mrs. Ramjet before I get in strife!

By Marty120704
Here is an update from me. Will be adding the side windows and door plus other exterior extras in the days to come.

I am working on the basement with the containment unit. The second picture is of the floors plans that I plan to add to the firehouse. on the first floor which is the picture on the left shows venkmen's office, and the two firepole that will be added once I finish the floor plans. Will update pictures of the floor plans before I add them to the firehouse.

By Kingpin
I recommend against using the West End Games floorplans, they took a large number of liberties when drawing them up, for instance, Engine Company 23 (the interior) actually has six firepoles (five from the second floor down into the engine bay). :P

Still, they're both looking great. :-)
By Ramjet
How many of you know that the Hook & Ladder 8 firehouse used to be a two bay firehouse until 1914 when the city widened Varick Street?

They took the outer facade and moved it over to reduce the building to a single bay firehouse.

One more point of interest was that the Tribeca and Soho fire departments worked what was once called "Hells 100 acres" at the turn of last century.

PDF of the drawing to this stage is here if you feel you can use it for anything

By Ramjet
You're a master of that program, Marty!
By JackIvyGB
That is really interesting about the firehouse once being two bay. I never knew that!

These are looking REALLY good! I can honestly say that once these are completed and as accurate as possible, they will be awesome reference material for fans, especially for artists when we try to draw interiors for whatever reason.

I wonder if it would be possible to use these and after they're done, create some sort of 3-d tour of the GBHQ? And one more question:
I don't know if it was mentioned, but which basement are you guys going for? The original small basement and unit, or the RGB/Legion style big unit?
By Ramjet
I'll focus on the exterior, and let the experts work out the interior.

Who knows, we may even end up with two versions - movie and RGB/Legion!

What I would like to do is research the history of the Hook & Ladder Company Number 8, and put together a small book, complete with detail photographs of the architectural features of the building and include the Ghostbusters Fans (our) blueprints.

As a former emergency services officer I'd also like to present a copy to the crew at HL8.

By JackIvyGB
Sounds cool!
I wonder what kind of layout the game version will have, ECU and all. With it being fully roamable, I wonder if it might help get a better look at things, and a "canon" version of a post GB-1ECU.
By Ramjet
JackIvyGB wrote:Sounds cool!
I wonder what kind of layout the game version will have, ECU and all. With it being fully roamable, I wonder if it might help get a better look at things, and a "canon" version of a post GB-1ECU.
I have no idea what you just said. lol
By JackIvyGB
Haha!
I was just saying that it sounds like the fire house in the video game will have free roaming (haha, free roaming) capacity, so when you're there, you can go where ever you want in the firehouse (Janine's desk, the lab, the bunk, the basement, etc.). I was wondering what the game version of the firehouse interior would look like, along with it's version of the Containment unit, as it'd be the first time we saw what the movie version of the unit looks like after the original blew up.

I hope that's a little clearer :)
By Ramjet
AAaahhhh!

I R A noob.
By Ramjet
But that was yesterday!
By Ramjet
Here is my first test render of the file.

Last edited by Ramjet on January 1st, 2009, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By enchanted unicorn
after looking at the new render, I literally said" dang that's cool!" keep it up Ramjet.

Jack your idea of a 3-d tour is a terrific idea...you are "the idea man" that's your new name.
By Ramjet
By JackIvyGB
HOLY CRAP! It looks like you can touch it! This is awesome! It's seriously beautiful!

And have way more ideas where those came from, uni. I have a pretty sweet idea for GB3 and how the GB franchise should/could progress after that, among other things. I wish I knew where to put it though. Maybe I need a "From the mind of JackIvyGB" thread somewhere...
By Ramjet
By Ramjet
I use Solidworks 2008, which has a built in renderer.

I will try a colour render later in the day.

By Kingpin
Marty120704 wrote:Here is an interesting picture I found of Engine 23.

If you're needing interior photos, I have a small archive of them.

Ramjet wrote:Image

Wow, that's blown the 3D model I made out of the water. Can't wait to see it finished.

Interesting that you've decided to make it a full rectangle, instead of the stubby T-shape the station has evolved too following the shrinkage mentioned earlier on in the topic. Aesthetically, it looks better the way you've done it.

As promised, the current plans (please note, these aren't finished and haven't been worked on in a while):

(Please ignore the 'shooting range' note, that was an attempt to place something that had come up in a different discussion about the basement.)

(The compass directions also need fixing, as it doesn't lie directly parallel with North-South, but more at a 45 degree angle)

The hope would be to eventually extrude the 2D floorplans into something like this:

By rockstar232007
Ramjet wrote:I use Solidworks 2008, which has a built in renderer.

I will try a colour render later in the day.

Don't forget, at the time GB 1 was filmed, the firehouse had a huge wooden double door, not the metal drop door that it has now. I know it's a small detail, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway. :cool::vinzclortho:
By Ramjet
Yes mate, I'm taking some creative license and making both sides of the building the same. I think the windows at the rear of the station are quite different from the front, and I'll research that as I get a chance.

My reasoning is that if it's going to be a model that sits on display in your home, you don't want to see the dregs on the left where it butts against another building.

I thought the doors did that originally, but will make the proper adjustments with the model.

Latest render underway as we type.
By Ramjet

Even I'm starting to think this is coming along nicely. (I'm my biggest critic)

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome