This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By TaltosVT
While browsing and researching the various bits of kit needed to get started with putting together a full Ghostbusters uniform and equipment set, an idea came to me. If someone is going to be driving ECTO-1 around New York City in 1984, they'll need a driver's license.

I recreated a New York State license from 1984/85, using a reference image from an old New York Times story about the changes in drivers licenses over the years since they started being issued.

Reference image:

I was able to match most of the standard card fonts. The type-written personal data is a mix of fonts, to match the 1980s computer printed lettering. Rather than try to recreate the DMV Commissioner's signature, I used a handwritten font. That is the name of the commissioner in 1984, but that's not his actual signature. The other difference from the real thing is the hard-to-see anti-counterfeiting yellow swirl in the background of the license. I did add a swirl, and the faint New York State seal, but they are slightly different shades and shapes from the original.

I updated the birthdate to reflect my current age, but back-dated as if I'd been dropped back into the mid-80s. The address is that of the firehouse used in the films.

The back of the card has all the printed restrictions and organ donor information that the real ones had. Even though it has a 32 year-old expiration date, I may add "For prop use only" to the back, just so there's no confusion that this isn't an attempt a forging an actual license for nefarious purposes.

So, not an actual film prop, but a fun little "what if" while I look into building other things.

-Elroy
tobycj liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]