Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By Nighty80
Hello!
Pleased to meet you all, I'm Dave (callsign: Nighty) from Northants, UK.
'Bustin' since c.1987; got into RGB (so MUCH cooler than He-Man, despite what yuppy larvae would have you believe), and was introduced to the film a year or so later... I've been hooked (trapped?) ever since! [The movie absolutely took it to the next level for me - in my head it completely legitimised the idea of Ghosts and Ghostbusting; as far as I was concerned, it was a documentary]
Here's me in '89, hunting a ghost with my Kenner pack and scratch built* trap - note GB1 style belt hang! [* old margarine tub and electrical tape... Don't think I'll post a build for this one...]:

In many ways Ghostbusters spawned and nurtured an interest in science and engineering that I carry to this day; when my friends and I played, I was always Ray - not only the heart of the Ghostbusters, but also (I believe) the Engineer. Prior to the Kenner pack, I had already built my own out of surplus electronics on an MDF motherboard, attached to a metal frame with straps. Sadly I don't have a pic of that one :(
I've remained a loyal fan ever since, but lurking on this forum in particular has brought it back to the surface. My recent renascence began when I finally took the plunge on Spengler's Neutrona Wand, having missed out on the Matty wands a few years ago. It was the first time I'd actually seen or held any of the equipment in the flesh, having never been to a convention or whatever. But I was hooked (again)... Began looking into removing the fake grip tape, and found you guys - and a whole world of information and fandom that I had somehow missed all these years.

Excited to join this community - spent a lot of time reading some amazing builds which have inspired me to finally start putting together another uniform, some 31 years after my original. I'm really looking forward to sharing what I've built, for what it's worth, including my take on a functional (budget!) Belt Gizmo, inspired by the original (but by no means intended to be screen accurate!):

Thanks for reading,
Dave
robandliv liked this
By Nighty80
Thanks Felix, Kingpin :)

Great!
Hopefully when the world gets back to some sort of normality we might bump into each other at something - aching to get out there - all dressed up with no-where to go lol
Kingpin liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]