Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By jinxed
Just wanted to drop a line to say hello and thank you for the incredible resource and passion here.

I'm a Denver based movie nut that's been dabbling in prop and costume DIY since I was a kid. Grew up in a family owned embroidery business, went to art school, did some bicycle frame manufacture, and generally just enjoy mixing all those skills up to make stuff.

Blade Runner, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones have been my main passions, but am always straying when the prop or costume calls to me. GB has has been on my list, but the proton pack has always been intimidating. But not surprisingly, after I introduced my 12yo daughter to GB earlier this year, she was adamant to be one this year. And here I am.

Although I never really considered myself a costumer, it seems I may have slid down that slope and didnt realize it. Putting things together for my daughter each year at Halloween and going WAY overboard may have something to do with it. Never one to shy away from the fun, I've put things together for myself over the years.

For her:
Sparrow inspired Pirate
TFA Rey
Indy
Teen Titans Raven
Jawa

For me:
Deckard
Indy
Plague Doctor
501 Approved Sand Trooper

So when it came to doing the GB outfit for her, I finally dug in here to see what I was in for. Originally planning to scratch build, I quickly realized my best chances to have something with good looks AND lights and sounds was to go the Spirit mod route. We have a store that opened just short of a month ago right across the street and bought a pack as they were literally unboxing them. For my freshman effort, I have tried to pull as many stops out as possible and go as fun and detailed as budget and skills allow. It's coming along nicely I think. I've taken a few progress pics that I'll try to put together into a thread here in the near future.

But most of all, like so many other awesome costuming niche forums, the fans here are astronomic and HUGE thanks are due. I knew it was going to be an extremely deep rabbit hole, but felt safe diving in with the immense knowledge and support.

Cheers, and see you out there hopefully!
Brad

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]