By vbvabuster
irricanian wrote:A high build auto primer should fill the pinholes
Im going to check tomorrow for a high end auto primer. I did another test using plain rust-oleum auto primer and it didn't really take. It dried well but it can be scratched off easily.

Sent from my DROID2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Skully
You want to use Bulldog adheasion promoter.. it can be found online and in your local automotive paint distr. Just do the homework and you will see its just what you need....I know from exp.
By vbvabuster
After more than a year it's time to bring this thread back from the dead. After taking some time off from building Ghostbusters related props I'm diving back in with the slime blower.
First I got a hold of another 9 inch post cover for the main tank.

I then got the measurements for the main tank then started my cutting.

Cutting the second piece.

Taped them together to see if anything needs to be adjusted.

Then I had to figure out how to secure both ends together. I cut six, 8 inch long pieces of steel and drilled them out to be pop riveted in place once I figured out my placement.

The holes were drilled into the plastic and then the rivets were sunk in.

The steel plates are now in place inside the first piece.

Joining both ends together.

One of the post covers was about 1/4 wider then the other so after both ends were joined I had some over hang that had to be cut. I will go into detail on this in my next post.
By Tyrael
I was just wondering how you were going to attach the two parts of the main tank. Nicely done!

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]