Cross posting from the Proton Pack section.

Slime Blower decals are now available. Download links are now in my sig.

Basic includes all of the decals on the Blower, with the clear stickers having a green background so that Joe Ghostbuster can print these on regular paper/sticker paper.

Pro includes a foil sheet and a clear sheet for printing on the proper medium.

Both include a placement legend.

A user provided me with some very useful information in making these decals. Out of respect for his privacy, I won't throw his name out here, but I welcome him to give a shout out in this thread (if he so desires) for the HUGE amount of assistance he provided.

I will say that some information on the ID-1779/A sticker is just filler. With the information available there's just no way to read the text that was on it originally. If you're curious, SER: 6240 is the running time of GB2 in seconds, REV: 215-394-738 was the gross revenue of the film, STLIB10-28-1886 is the date the Statue of Liberty was built, and MFR: 61689 is the release date of the film. The info under ID-1779/A is random technical jargon about electricity and tank capacity. I AM pretty sure the first three characters are 115 though.

Aside from that label, I'm pretty comfortable with the rest. If anyone has any information that can aid on making these more accurate, I urge you to PM me.
Last edited by valentino_42 on July 8th, 2011, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I applaud you sir.
They look good, other than, I'd have to say, the SINGER label. The length/width ratio looks off, and width of the outer silver trim looks off as well. It should also be dark grey, not black. It's a common misconception, but, SINGER labels in general were a dark grey. See my SINGER label for a close representation of what it should look like.
christphern wrote:They look good, other than, I'd have to say, the SINGER label. The length/width ratio looks off, and width of the outer silver trim looks off as well. It should also be dark grey, not black. It's a common misconception, but, SINGER labels in general were a dark grey. See my SINGER label for a close representation of what it should look like.
After looking over your singer label, I agree that the color isn't pure black. It's hard to tell what exactly it is from my reference photo, but I've lightened it up for revision 2. As far as the dimensions, I just can't make my reference photo fit to the ratio of your label. I'm going to leave it as is for now unless I can get another, better, reference.

I really appreciate the assistance.
Keep in mind that in all screen shots and pictures (Slime Blower or Ecto-1), it's sitting on a round tank, which will distort the proportions. As I recall, I based the dimensions on Venkman71's label, which was based on measurements he took directly from Ecto-1.
christphern wrote:Keep in mind that in all screen shots and pictures (Slime Blower or Ecto 1, it's sitting on a round tank, which will distort the proportions. As I recall, I based the dimensions on Venkman71's label, which was based on measurements he took directly from Ecto-1.
Ok...

So I typed out a lengthy response that was going to go here. I had animated gifs and explanations, pie charts, I guest speaker lined up... and then I decided I should just just roll up my sleeves and dig into this further before I open my big yap.

My height measurement was a pretty firm 1.65". My width was an iffy 2.2". The collaborative Slime Blower plans list the diameter of the green tank as 5.452 inches. So I drew a 5.452 diameter circle and "layed" my SINGER label across it to touch tangentially. I then drew some guidelines up to show where the edges of the label fell on the circle. I then measured the distance of the arc it occupied and found that the arc of the tank was foreshortening the label by over a quarter of an inch! From my measurement, it is nearly 2.5 inches wide on the nose. That 2.5 inches was too much of a coincidence to ignore, so I ran with it...

I shifted my stuff around and things started lining up nearly perfectly with one another at this size. I'll be posting Rev. 3 momentarily.

So anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for making me look at it again.
Glad I was able to help. I didn't mean to come off as an arse, and, if I did, I appologize. I hate text sometimes. Even knowing how I meant it, I sort of sounded like a jerk to myself. lol

I will say before including it as part of the collaborative plans, I did do some double-checking against the measurements. Everything seemed to fit rather nicely. One of these days I need to finish the full render I had planned. Especially with Cyland's discoveries.
christphern wrote:Glad I was able to help. I didn't mean to come off as an arse, and, if I did, I appologize. I hate text sometimes. Even knowing how I meant it, I sort of sounded like a jerk to myself. lol

I will say before including it as part of the collaborative plans, I did do some double-checking against the measurements. Everything seemed to fit rather nicely. One of these days I need to finish the full render I had planned. Especially with Cyland's discoveries.
No worries. I just wouldn't let myself believe that the arc of that tank could throw off a measurement by so much.
Wow, these are great, I guess all I have to say is "Damn it Valentino, you beat me to it!" :) Of course, with how often I get to work on GB stuff as of late, it's not really a surprise. Great work here and I'll skip posting mine. The only difference was my singer labels. Plus your measurements might be closer than mine because you spent more time on that planning than i did. Great work! :crunch:
By gEkX
While doing a Google image search for this Slime Blower page I found some old labels and had an idea for some custom labels.

The accuate labels, to me, really just don't fit the Prop.

Also, they are small enough that if you were to look at them; you would really have to look.

Thus, defeating the purpose of the Military style techno babble.

So, I present my custom labels:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1BZ7W9bd ... sp=sharing

This sheet has both valentino_42's decals and my modified decals:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1KXp-ojo ... sp=sharing

The little guys are for Ecto Goggles.

I went and printed a sheet to see how they look and the scale is perfect.
This Post Contains Spoilers
I like the look of the clear labels for the most part but I may mess with the Aircraft Fuel one.

Thanks again, valentino_42
Rafaed liked this
By vernonfire
I need someone to create a new slime blower label, something in regauards to the lime inside the cylinder itself. I don't have a computer to design anything
Canadianghostbusters wrote:I found some guy selling a set on ebay. Are they legit you think ?
Legit? As in vintage stock Librascope labels? Probably not. They're most likely Valentino's labels that someone is making a profit on without permission; eBay is full of people stealing the work of others (particularly when it comes to graphics).

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]