The latest updates to the Ghostbusters Fans site.
Due to changes in the United Kingdom, we will be temporarily suspending shipments to the country while we make changes to comply with new laws. This suspension should only last 1-2 weeks and applies to all unshipped orders and new orders. Going forward, we will be required to collect and remit a 20% VAT sales tax on all UK shipments. This will allow customers in the UK to receive their packages quicker and you will no longer be responsible for a customs fee, nor subsequent 'package fees' often charged when receiving your parcels.
RedSpecial, Kingpin, mwilkinson and 1 others liked this
The system is now charging VAT for shipments under £135.

Shipments above £135 would still pay VAT upon import.

We are still unable to ship to the UK until our VAT number has been assigned.
tobycj liked this
Hi GB fans,

I’m from Jersey Channel Islands. Not the UK
We don’t pay VAT imports am I still waiting for this to be sorted before my order is shipped too???
Mark,
I've spoken with AJ, and he's confirmed that the delay in your order is down to the VAT issue mentioned in this topic. I wish I could give you more info as to why Jersey's been included but that's all I know. Hopefully we'll see the issue resolved soon.
Mark,

I previously told Kingpin that Jersey was subject to VAT as well because when I ship to Jersey it automatically defaults to "Great Britain" as the country. I've done a bit of research and see that Jersey is not subject to the VAT as you know.

I will attempt to ship your order and see if it requires me to have a VAT registration number. It may be possible Jersey is now selectable as a country that will not require the VAT number.
I am working through with the HMRC now. For whatever reason they handled the application online and communicated via email, but ended up sending us a letter in the mail rather than just email with further questions. With the Coronavirus, mail is extremely delayed. I finally got them to explain to me via email what they needed, so hopefully the process is in motion again.
Kingpin, Nighty80, tobycj liked this
Question regarding split orders now we're on the cusp of UK being good to go, if I wanted to wait for all items to be in stock before they ship is that possible, and how does the shipping price work itself out as there doesn't seem to be an option to do that? Would you just refund whatever the difference was on the combined shipping versus sending it out as individual orders?
If your second order hasn't shipped, then you may have not been charged for it yet.

If that's the case I may be able to combine them. Please note that VAT will need to be recalculated and if the dollar amount is over a certain threshold, it must ship Priority vs First Class.
AJ Quick wrote: April 8th, 2021, 1:42 pm If your second order hasn't shipped, then you may have not been charged for it yet.

If that's the case I may be able to combine them. Please note that VAT will need to be recalculated and if the dollar amount is over a certain threshold, it must ship Priority vs First Class.
Sorry, I wasn't clear, this is an order I've not placed yet! I was looking at stuff I'm going to order once I'm shipping is back on, and it was going to be in three parts due to various lead times. Rather than paying three lots of shipping I was wondering if it was possible to combine them all into one order. Obviously shipping would be more than just the "main" part of the order, but presumably less than three separate lots.
Daniel9789 wrote: April 21st, 2021, 2:58 pm Me also .. I have an outstanding order.

The person who I’ve commissioned to build me a new pack also has a bunch of my parts on order.

I’ve not had any issue with any other US supplier since Brexit so unsure why this holds us up?
Probably because they've either ignored it, or had already managed to winkle a VAT number from HMRC.
Each time I contact the HMRC, they take 2-4 weeks to reply.

Now that they have accepted my application and (in theory) granted me a VAT number, they are taking another 30 days to send me information about it... IN THE MAIL. That's 30 days to put it in the mail. Plus another 30+ for it to arrive here in the US.

I am sorry UK people, you seem to have the most ineffective Government ever. For reference, in the US I could:

- File for a Employer Identification Number
- File documents of incorporation, create an LLC
- Register for sales tax collection.

Effectively starting a business and being granted to collect and remit tax, with-in... 5 minutes.
RedSpecial, Kingpin liked this
I placed an order on 9th April for $110 worth, to the UK.

It’s passed the estimated ship date now, are you still waiting to ship these?

Literally nothing else from the USA has been held up since Brexit, only GBFans, so I’m unsure why these are still taking so long? Most people ship stuff, declare what it is on a customs form and we pay tax on arrival, that should not have changed since Brexit.
Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]