The latest updates to the Ghostbusters Fans site.
Daniel9789 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 1:01 am I placed an order on 9th April for $110 worth, to the UK.

It’s passed the estimated ship date now, are you still waiting to ship these?

Literally nothing else from the USA has been held up since Brexit, only GBFans, so I’m unsure why these are still taking so long? Most people ship stuff, declare what it is on a customs form and we pay tax on arrival, that should not have changed since Brexit.
It's nothing to do with Brexit. The UK changed their VAT rules at the start of the year that overseas vendors now need to charge VAT at point of sale, and then pay that direct to HMRC, rather than as a customs charge for the buyer on arrival. Anyone not doing that is meant to be charging VAT, but obviously can't be bothered with the painful set up to do so. Like most UK government stuff, HMRC are shit and slow. It's a massive pain in the arse, but AJ is just following the rules here, but if HMRC insist on doing everything by post rather than email then it's going to be slow.
Kingpin liked this
VAT NUMBER ACQUIRED.

Shipping will resume on Monday, with pretty much all UK orders shipping on Monday or Tuesday!
Daniel9789 wrote:I placed an order on 9th April for $110 worth, to the UK.

It’s passed the estimated ship date now, are you still waiting to ship these?
Yes. I was prevented from shipping these orders by your country. If I had shipped them, they would have been rejected and sent back, wasting time and money. I am thankful for all those that have been waiting patiently since January for their orders to ship.
Daniel9789 wrote:Literally nothing else from the USA has been held up since Brexit, only GBFans, so I’m unsure why these are still taking so long? Most people ship stuff, declare what it is on a customs form and we pay tax on arrival, that should not have changed since Brexit.
"Most people" are breaking the laws of your country then. If your order is coming from the EU, chances are the VAT was already taken care of. If you order via eBay or Amazon, they are required to collect the VAT on behalf of the seller and they do not need to have their own VAT account. Orders over 135 GBP will still require payment of import fees on arrival. Orders under 135 GBP will have VAT collected at time of payment.
Kingpin, Nighty80, tobycj and 1 others liked this
AJ Quick wrote: May 13th, 2021, 9:49 pm One of the benefits of not having VAT holding the process up (for orders under 135 GBP) they get delivered pretty quickly!
I can confirm this, I had a parcel cross the Atlantic in just over a week! :o
RedSpecial liked this
abaka wrote: April 17th, 2023, 6:17 am Sorry for Necro Bump. Bit miffed here. As my parcel from GBFans seems to have collected a Customs charge.....However I also paid Tax on the order from GBfans!!
I don't know your situation but theres often tax AND duty to collect on items from the United States, PLUS an additional processing fee by whoever is the UK partner for shipping such as DHL etc. It's really sucky and often you're better off getting a friend to be a middle man and sending stuff over as gifts.
Mercifull wrote: April 17th, 2023, 9:07 am
abaka wrote: April 17th, 2023, 6:17 am Sorry for Necro Bump. Bit miffed here. As my parcel from GBFans seems to have collected a Customs charge.....However I also paid Tax on the order from GBfans!!
I don't know your situation but theres often tax AND duty to collect on items from the United States, PLUS an additional processing fee by whoever is the UK partner for shipping such as DHL etc. It's really sucky and often you're better off getting a friend to be a middle man and sending stuff over as gifts.

Thank you for explaining how customs and import shipping works. In my over 15 years in this community and buying from this site....I can't believe I didn't grasp import charges and handling fees.

My query was more in line with the system that is in place with GBfans that handles the charges through the purchase site meaning GBFans collects the tax and pays it which means there's no nasty surprises or delays for the customer on the UK side. However AJ has explained that the site miscalculated (it only charges VAT up to a set amount) however it appears the site on this occasion charged me the full amount of tax owed for this order. AJ has refunded me an amount back which is more or less the amount I now owe so this is all resolved.
Mercifull liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]