The day my Ghost Popper was supposed to ship is when they cancelled it. It was supposed to ship like Jan 3rd and then they pushed it back a week or two. Day of got an email saying it was axed. Was available to purchase on the site, so I did just that. They cancelled it 10 minutes later. I found 2 of them in store a few days later.
910dohead wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:34 pm The day my Ghost Popper was supposed to ship is when they cancelled it. It was supposed to ship like Jan 3rd and then they pushed it back a week or two. Day of got an email saying it was axed. Was available to purchase on the site, so I did just that. They cancelled it 10 minutes later. I found 2 of them in store a few days later.
That's utterly unacceptable. How can preorders through them be so bad? And why don't they get flack for it?
From my experience with Walmart, it's their system that's the problem. I've done pre-orders with shipping chosen that have been canceled and I've done regular orders with pick up in store that get canceled. Like they are in stock at my store so I order one so I can just go in and pick it up and leave (spend the most minimal amount of time in there - this is pre-covid), and my order is canceled. I call up the store and they look at their computer and it said it's not in stock. I was in the area anyway that same day and went to the store, and the item I wanted was in-stock in the aisle. After about the 3rd or 4th time that happened to me I gave up on ordering online and selecting pick up in store.
The top bit's the General Motors logo, who own the intellectual property rights to the 1959 Cadillac design, and it looks like the bit beneath it says something like "OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE".

I'm guessing the whole thing is equivalent to "GM's stamp of approval": that they give their permission for this item to be sold.
If the sticker were to be removed in an official capacity, then that'd probably mean they'd revoked their permission for it to be sold.
Coover5 liked this
I'm blown away that they are re-releasing the Ecto-1, especially since they have another on in a similar scale coming when the movie comes out. I thought for sure having two Ectos that fill pretty much the same niche would be competing against one another.

Maybe the Firehouse is a possibility, now.
Kingpin liked this
I saw the ghost popper at Walmart I think I still have mine but all these 1980 toys are kind of lost on me I'm really smittin by the new craft figures are making. BACKGROUND ACTING IS MY LIFE, AND AFTERLIFE!
I was pleasantly shocked to find that my pre-order just arrived, seemingly ahead of schedule!

I was under the impression that these were supposed to ship in June, but I guess they went out a tad early. All I can say is, the difference in Walmart's customer service between this wave and last year's wave of Kenner figures has been like night and day. Last year they took several months to send figures which I pre-ordered in February, and when they finally arrived after what felt like an eternity, they were the ugly European variants. This time around, they got everything right, and ahead of expected arrival.

Never thought I'd say this, but good job Walmart. You -- you've earned this: :crunch:

@910dohead: Sorry to hear about your action figures packaging arriving mangled.

Got my Ecto 1 on pre-ordered and I got a Bug Eye Ghost already. Going to pick up a Fearsome Flush soon, really glad that I can make up for missing out on getting these in my childhood now. Update: As of today (June 24), Wal Mart.com has the Fearsome Flush action figure back in stock.
910dohead wrote: July 21st, 2021, 10:38 am Thanks, I just bought a nicer one off their shelves and returned the mangled one with the receipt I had from my purchase. Sucks to be them.
Walmart online is just mess. I didn't even bother to order Fearsome Flush or Bug Eye online. Walmart online never keeps anything updated and sloppily handles merchandise for shipping.
The Brick and Mortar stores however try to get merchandise out in better shape through their "Pick-Up at Store" option,
Even though they may cancel orders due to the site saying "in stock" yet the stores inventory states the correct number of stock that's really there.
As far as thinking you got over them by returning the damaged packaged one that was shipped, well I can guarantee you that they don't care because they never would've excepted it if they couldn't sell it. It'll sit on the self until they marked it down for clearance.

The only great thing about everyone returning theirs with damaged packaging (that they received through the mail) is that Scalpers don't want toys in beat up Packaging, so we're taking one good unopened figure from scalpers hands and putting a (not so collectible) boxed figure in the hands of a collector that wanted to open it up to begin with.
deadderek liked this

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]