I want to make a correction to something I posted earlier - I've done some more digging and tracked down a copy of the UK TV Listings from 15th Feb 1988 as the discrepancy between my memory and broadcast order bothered me. Turns out the first episode of RGB broadcast in the UK was... "Ghosts R Us" according the TV guide. Which makes sense as that is the same order as in the US and "Mrs Roger's Neighbourhood" was broadcast on 22nd Feb 1988.

On a personal note this has surprised me because as a kid there was nothing else I would be doing on a Monday after school other than watching kids TV, and I distinctly remember them announcing a new Real Ghostbusters cartoon and the first ep being 'Slimer, Come Home'... I'm either misremembering or I'd already missed 3x broadcast episodes on consecutive Mondays until catching this ep on March 7th. I assume this is what happened so ummmm... investigation complete!
I'm slowly reviewing all of these episodes and formulating a perfect playlist / running order of the episodes which still hold up. So far I'd go for:

1. Knock, Knock
2. Citizen Ghost
3. Mrs. Roger's Neighbourhood
4. Take Two
5. Slimer, Come Home
6. Mr. Sandman, Dream Me A Dream
7. Troll Bridge

Controversially... although they have scenes and design elements I like... Boogieman, Halloween, Killerwatt don't hold up so well imho. I'll still include them in the playlist as they're iconic to the series.

Whereas Ghost R Us, Look Homeward Ray & Xmas Marks the Spot are the weakest links in S1. Haven't seen Janine's Genie yet.
NSGhostbusters liked this
All good things must come to an end.

Today the official Ghostbusters accounts said we only have a month left before the episodes are pulled. :(
Before Covid when we thought the movie was coming July 2020 I really went through my collection of Ghostbusters viewing. GB1, RGB, GB2, GB16 and Filmation GB. I bathed myself in GB wonder and didn't want to repeat the experience for the November release so I was really excited by the idea of watching all the EGB episodes in October as the build up this time. Sorry to see I won't have the chance. Better get watching then.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 7th, 2021, 10:45 am I want to make a correction to something I posted earlier - I've done some more digging and tracked down a copy of the UK TV Listings from 15th Feb 1988 as the discrepancy between my memory and broadcast order bothered me. Turns out the first episode of RGB broadcast in the UK was... "Ghosts R Us" according the TV guide. Which makes sense as that is the same order as in the US and "Mrs Roger's Neighbourhood" was broadcast on 22nd Feb 1988.

On a personal note this has surprised me because as a kid there was nothing else I would be doing on a Monday after school other than watching kids TV, and I distinctly remember them announcing a new Real Ghostbusters cartoon and the first ep being 'Slimer, Come Home'... I'm either misremembering or I'd already missed 3x broadcast episodes on consecutive Mondays until catching this ep on March 7th. I assume this is what happened so ummmm... investigation complete!
So, it seems I was wrong to doubt myself. Firstly, because Mrs Roger's Neighbourhood doesn't follow Ghosts R Us, that would be Killerwatt, but secondly, because someone else on the web agrees with me the first episode broadcast in the UK was 'Slimer, Come Home' and they claim this was broadcast on 11th Jan 1988. A full month before "the internet" notes the first broadcast (15th Feb).

This means, it wasn't my memory that was incorrect, it is the internet who is wrong!
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on September 9th, 2021, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The official accounts today have confirmed FULL EPISODES WILL BE RETURNING for both Extreme and The Real Ghostbusters.
And this week there were no episodes uploaded. Nothing announced on the social media but I wonder if this is the end?

At the rate of two episodes a week it would've taken them up to the end of syndicated season 2 episodes in mid-June just in time for a summer hiatus.

Whatever happens, this streaming roll-out was fun and massively appreciated.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]