I asked the same question too. This whole thing is confusing to me. I don't understand how people were able to get the fright figures when they were delayed until next year. Also, I saw the the release date on an unopened case was April 26, the same time the RGBs released. Maybe Hasbro just screwed up and sent some cases out? IDK.
Coover5 wrote: June 5th, 2020, 10:33 pm I'm sorry to see how beat up it is though I do love how vintage it looks from the shipping. Did you order all your Kenner figures from Wal-Mart?
I did pre-order them from Wal-Mart. However, I only ordered one set and later realized I would like to have two: one to open and another to display MOC. I did manage to score unopened cases of the 4 Ghostbusters & Stay Puft/Slimer. I can at least thank Wal-Mart for being lazy in letting active product sit untouched in their backroom. Anyways, one set went to me and the other to another member of our group. While I am not too worried about Stay Puft's card being damaged since he's going to be the one I open (Slimer/Green Ghost came in a strong box with no issues), I did want to point out that shipping these in flimsy packaging and getting banged up is a big NO-NO. Curses you Wal-Mart! I hope you all have better luck in receiving these figures unharmed.
TheMark wrote: June 6th, 2020, 9:08 am I asked the same question too. This whole thing is confusing to me. I don't understand how people were able to get the fright figures when they were delayed until next year. Also, I saw the the release date on an unopened case was April 26, the same time the RGBs released. Maybe Hasbro just screwed up and sent some cases out? IDK.
A lot of these resellers on eBay actually have accounts with the various toy companies. I just recently worked with someone who had an account with NECA toys. Anyone can open an account as long as you have a retail sellers license and can buy in bulk. A lot of times, smaller accounts get their shipments first just because the orders are smaller as compared to places like Target or Walmart. Plus smaller sellers usually get their shipments direct from the factory. Big Box stores have to be processed through distribution centers, sorted out and sent to the various district shipping centers, which repeat the process before it ships to the stores. Most likely the entirety of say Targets order, possibly 500,000 units, are probably sitting in one warehouse with a hold on them and wont get processed until its time to do so. Then it'll get divided up per store and shipped to arrive just slightly before the new street date. That's not the case with smaller sellers. I don't know why this stuff is showing up randomly now, but something most likely went wrong and someone somewhere didn't get the hold memo.
TheMark liked this
That makes a lot of sense. I never thought about smaller stores having accounts. In a way I kind of like that the other Ghostbusters figures are showing up. It lets me see what I might buy later. The bad side to this is supporting the scalpers. 🤨
Well, I found a case of the 4 busters in store, on a pallet, before hitting the hooks/shelves.....Case was crushed and ripped, Ray's card was busted all the way through the proton pack cavity. No one does it better than Wal Mart.
Did you get any of the figures? Maybe some were in better shape. It may be me, but it seems like the 4 GBs figures are coming back in stock. I found a set at a local Walmart late yesterday. Before that I was able to grab another set at a smaller Walmart about 30 minutes from where I live. Might just be wishful thinking.
I certainly hope you're right. Picking up figures in person is proving much harder for me than I expected. I rarely have any reason to be at a Wal-mart. But perhaps I will start asking if they have anything in the back. I wanted to find figures hanging on the pegs but at this point I may need to get them anyway I can. Weird how technically they are just officially released as of June 2nd but I feel like I've already run out of time.
I won't lie. When I see the figures on the pegs, it sure does bring back a lot of memories. So I get that you want to experience that. My experience about asking Walmart employees if they have something in the back has been hit and miss. Some like to go and look and others try to get out of looking. If they have their little scanners on them some employees will scan the price tag to see what's in stock. But the one thing I noticed, is the little stores don't seem to have those readily available for all the employees. Making it that much more frustrating to know what the stores have. If it comes down to it, I can try and check these stores near me for you. This way you won't have to worry about scalpers.
TheMark wrote: June 6th, 2020, 11:58 pm I won't lie. When I see the figures on the pegs, it sure does bring back a lot of memories. So I get that you want to experience that. My experience about asking Walmart employees if they have something in the back has been hit and miss. Some like to go and look and others try to get out of looking. If they have their little scanners on them some employees will scan the price tag to see what's in stock. But the one thing I noticed, is the little stores don't seem to have those readily available for all the employees. Making it that much more frustrating to know what the stores have. If it comes down to it, I can try and check these stores near me for you. This way you won't have to worry about scalpers.
I always go to the electronics section to ask staff to look for stuff in the back. I want to say that there will always be a designated scanner in that department for the employees to share. A lazy employee will just say something like "If it's not on the shelf, we probably don't have it." Don't accept this as fact. Ask them if they can check a scanner to look. You'll probably get some resistance and if they don't want to look for you or give you an excuse, ask to get them to call someone who will and that will usually get them to (they don't want to get on a walkie talkie asking another employee to look cos their boss will reply wondering why they can't do it). If it says there is a case is in the back, it will always have a backroom shelf number. The scanners will tell them that location and makes it easier for them to locate the case.

Most of the time, they'll disappear for a few minutes and come back out with the case. They have to scan the box out from the shelving location. If they come back empty handed either a few things happened. Either another employee didn't scan out the case and product did make it to the shelf (could be anywhere in the store). Also, the product could've been stolen. Big box stores have problems with internal theft. Another and most frustrating reason could be that the employee never looked at all. They could've got stopped by another customer on the way to the back, helped them, forgot about you, went back to the department seeing you there waiting and have a moment of realization and just settles on "Nope, couldn't find it." I had this happen and it was obvious, so I went to a different department and asked a different employee. They went back and disappeared for a while but then came out with the product. Ever since then I always have another employee double check. The closest Wal-Mart to me is 30 miles so I don't like making a wasted trip, especially when brickseek claims they have 6+ quantity of each SKU.
Coover5 liked this
For those of you still ordering the figures from Wal-mart which link do you use? The original: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ghostbusters ... /206601955 or this new one that has popped up https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ray-Stantz-W ... /276137894 Not sure why they are using 2 listings. This is all so confusing.
910dohead wrote: June 8th, 2020, 1:58 pm ...especially when brickseek claims they have 6+ quantity of each SKU.
Can't locate the SKU's on the Walmart listing. Mind sharing them? I see numbers but not sure what one is right or if its even the right number.
What's odd to me is that the 2nd one is the one that seems linked up to Wal-mart's stock availability. Meaning, the 2nd one is saying "There's some in stock a mile from you" or wherever but I've never seen the 1st one have that. Wal-Mart keeps coming up with new ways to confuse me it seems.
Coover5 wrote: June 9th, 2020, 7:49 pm Can't locate the SKU's on the Walmart listing. Mind sharing them? I see numbers but not sure what one is right or if its even the right number.
UPC's:
630509935635 (Egon Spengler)
630509935642 (Ray Stantz)
630509935611 (Peter Venkman)
630509935628 (Winston Zeddmore)
630509935666 (Stay Puft)
630509935680 (Slimer/Green Ghost)

If you use these on Brickseek, it'll take you to the direct Wal-Mart links.

Here are also the Fright Features figure UPC's.

5010993688982 (Ray Stantz)
5010993717071 (Winston Zeddemore)
5010993688999 (Egon Spengler)
5010993717064 (Peter Venkman)
Coover5, TheMark liked this
My experience with brickseek has been pretty accurate. But from what I've read this may not be the case for others. I live in a small town. So I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.
Coover5 wrote: June 9th, 2020, 9:15 pm How accurate is Brickseek? They are telling me my store has 5 out of 6 figures with many figures having 6+ copies in stock.
It's been very accurate for me, but I have had a few wasted trips. Yeah, that's probably accurate as a lot of the stores are currently receiving restocks, so now is the time to hunt if you haven't been lucky in finding these figures yet. Beat those scalpers and resellers at their own game by getting there first. Pay the retail price and let the resellers go hungry. They'll survive a day or two of not being able to eat lobster and caviar every night.
Coover5 wrote: June 9th, 2020, 9:15 pm How accurate is Brickseek? They are telling me my store has 5 out of 6 figures with many figures having 6+ copies in stock.
I just made a 1 hour one trip because that site claimed that store had them in stock. It did not, I wouldn't trust it.
Wedgeismyhero wrote: June 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm Brickseek has not at all been accurate, and neither has the Walmart website stock check. At this point I think you just have to bank on being lucky.
We pre-ordered we shouldn't have to be lucky. They should be shipping those figures to us first not the damn stores.
deadderek liked this
Well I tried again, I went to really rural Walmart and I found them all. Brickseek was still wrong though, it said the store had everyone but Winston, but they had like 10 of each figure. Rule of thumb if your desperate like i was go to the most out of the way under populated Walmart you can find.
Well finally found the PKE meters at Walmart. They had traps too but still no RGB's. Kind of surprised. Figured as soon as I snagged a set of the guys off eBay I'd start seeing the full set all the time in Walmart but nope. Still have not seen them pop up at all in my area. If I did see them though I'd be conflicted on picking up another set or letting some other ghosthead have a chance at them. Though it'd also give scalpers a chance at them too so.
Walmart seriously sucks. I pre-ordered these things back in February and they were supposed to ship out over a week ago and they STILL haven't left the warehouse, so I finally just went to the damn store and got 'em myself, of course my local store was out, so I had to drive an hour to another state, and even there it was difficult to find figures and cards without any imperfections. But at least I got 'em now, no thanks to Walmart's shitty customer service. :sigh:
To those of you who have these now, has anyone encountered this package variation? One has “Who you gonna call?” Slogan above the logo on the front of the card and the other doesn’t.

Not sure how to include a photo here. Don’t post often and using an iPhone.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]