#4887382
Skyknight wrote:They decided to use the shittiest shipping company, which resulted in some people waiting 5-6 months for their game. While retail had it in November some people did not get it until a week before the campaign for the second game started, seeing it in their local stores all the time during the wait.
That annoying ofcourse, but why make it sound as if they knew that would happen? Are they still using the same shipping company and how did the delay occur?
Was this the first time they used this company and was it just a one time thing or did it happen before?

Do you have any links regarding this problem? I only seem to find some people were waiting for a small Taxi expansion when GB2 was announced.
Last edited by Alphagaia on December 17th, 2016, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
#4887383
They're using a different shipping company. Something Wire. ShipWire?

From what I recall, when the games came from China there was a customs delay Sept-Oct 2015.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... ts/1397264

Then ShipNaked had to assemble all the different combinations of games and I guess that took them longer than they expected. There were 1040 total possible builds for the game.
Alphagaia liked this
#4887389
Hmm, a custom delay does not sound as something you can hold against them.
#4887394
Skyknight wrote:And why is that? Because many people lost their faith in this company after they'd seen how they handled the first game!
Granted that would be the case for some, but it wouldn't be for everyone. It would be interesting to know how many people didn't pledge because they'd lost interest, or weren't able to buy the follow-up.
#4887395
Truth be told had I played the first game before I pledged for this one, I would probably not have done it, since the base game felt a bit lacking for me gameplay wise.
Maybe some people thought the same?

Full praise for the figures though.
#4887398
Alphagaia wrote:Truth be told had I played the first game before I pledged for this one, I would probably not have done it, since the base game felt a bit lacking for me gameplay wise.
Maybe some people thought the same?

Full praise for the figures though.

I have the Deluxe box, and honestly if you play the game too frequently, it does get dull and I'm sure would get boring even faster with the base game. Half the reason I was excited for the new version was to spice up the first game a bit and it looks like they incorporated a few new play mechanics my friends and I came up with (the different effects if you get slimed). Not to mention, some of the scenarios are just broken or poorly explained and I think the Taxi driver ghost has some missing rules about how they react if an attack roll misses.
Alphagaia liked this
#4887400
Yeah, the second game looks to have more meat on it's bones, and even if it somehow still is not enough, I can always invent my own rules!
zeta otaku liked this
#4887413
Alphagaia wrote:Full praise for the figures though.
And that's just your opinion. For me it was just another issue with the first game. Many people thought the figures were not as detailed and great looking as the CG models promised(I still think Ray and Winston look like Potatoheads in the final version).
Another one was the material quality of the ghosts. They used a really fragile clear blue plastic for the ghosts that not only looked cheap but was also prone to breaking. A lot of people thought the quality didn't match the price. This could be another reason, why less people backed the new game.
#4887415
And those are more reasonable doubts one could have, but I for one did not have them. Weren't the models for this game of better quality? I see the mistakes, but I also see them learning from them.

Do you still think the shipment thing was their fault, though?
#4887417
Skyknight wrote:... Many people thought the figures were not as detailed and great looking as the CG models promised(I still think Ray and Winston look like Potatoheads in the final version).

And that's just your opinion. :wink: For Game Pawns they were good, but Crypto made the mistake of calling them miniatures, and as miniatures, they were bad. Making them in the Soft Plastic contributed to their lack of detail. As far as Ray and Winston, at certain angles their faces look lumpy. Painting them helps 100%. Worst GB Figure of the lot is Kylie. Check out link to my Painted Figures

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=42202
Skyknight wrote:...Another one was the material quality of the ghosts. They used a really fragile clear blue plastic for the ghosts that not only looked cheap but was also prone to breaking.
The Ghosts have more detail on them than the Busters due to the different Plastic that was used. ( see above link ) They are miniatures, and as such, tend to have small thin parts which can break. Even Metal Minis get damaged, so don't drop, throw or sit on them and they'll be fine.
Skyknight wrote:...A lot of people thought the quality didn't match the price. This could be another reason, why less people backed the new game.
Even with the Known quality of the GB Figures, I still placed an order. Once I saw this update, I felt a little better about it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... ts/1557568
Alphagaia liked this
#4887469
Alphagaia wrote:And those are more reasonable doubts one could have, but I for one did not have them. Weren't the models for this game of better quality? I see the mistakes, but I also see them learning from them.

Do you still think the shipment thing was their fault, though?
That remains to be seen. We haven't seen any actual figures for the new game yet. Only prototypes and CG models.

And yes the shipment thing was their fault. It was part of their work to check if their business partners are relieable and as little as a simple google search could have revealed Ship Naked's bad reputation! But they were either too lazy to do even that much or simply didn't care and go for the cheapest shipper. Both are not what a responsible company would do!

And Cap your paint jobs are great. I know because I painted a few minis in the past, but loose interest pretty quickly. So I won't paint any of them, because I don't want to end up with a game that's only partly painted.
While I think it's bad that they didn't put a hose on Kylie's Pack I still think Ray and Winston looked worse facewise.
#4887481
From what I read SN was used a lot by different Kickstarters and also with a lot of positive transactions.

Calling Cryptozoid lazy or saying they did not care seems like an overreaction of anger when they could have just heard the positive reactions from others.

I dunno, there is a lot of anger in your words and you make it sound as if the company deliberately wants to make the worst product possible, and that goes a bit to far imo. I see evidence of them learning from their few mistakes and since I see a lot of love and care going into their work that goes a long way.
#4887509
Skyknight wrote:While I think it's bad that they didn't put a hose on Kylie's Pack I still think Ray and Winston looked worse facewise.
Sometimes there are things you have to sacrifice because of the scale of the game pieces. They're about as detailed as the pieces you'd find in a standard family board game.
#4887512
Alphagaia wrote:From what I read SN was used a lot by different Kickstarters and also with a lot of positive transactions.

Calling Cryptozoid lazy or saying they did not care seems like an overreaction of anger when they could have just heard the positive reactions from others.

I dunno, there is a lot of anger in your words and you make it sound as if the company deliberately wants to make the worst product possible, and that goes a bit to far imo. I see evidence of them learning from their few mistakes and since I see a lot of love and care going into their work that goes a long way.
And there seems to be a lot of "I want to overlook all flaws and only see the positive things!" in your words just as in your defense of ATC. Yes, the movie wasn't terrible, but it was still far away from great! Same with the game. In both cases mistakes were made and I'm not afraid to call the makers of them out on it while you seem to go go into complete "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil"-mode!
As I see it, they do want to make a good game, but have no idea how to lead a company and how to deal with people!
Kingpin wrote:Sometimes there are things you have to sacrifice because of the scale of the game pieces. They're about as detailed as the pieces you'd find in a standard family board game.
I have four words for you: Cool Mini Or Not! Their games are in the same scale, cost about the same price and are far more detailed than anything I've seen from Cryptozoic up till now! We're not going by family board game standards here. If something is in the same price range as miniature games, we judge them by the standards of miniature games!
#4887514
I admit I'm a positive guy, but if I only saw the positive things I would have given the movie a ten instead of a seven.

Same here, I acknowledge the fact mistakes are made, but instead of focusing and demonising them for it, I also look at their solutions for the mistakes made. I like to inform myself by getting as much information from both sides, without warping them.

I saw you not understanding why some mistakes happen for instance, and your printing solution not being feasible at all, while you based your opinion on how easy your solution was and their inability to come up with it.

The truth probably lies somewhere in between our reactions.
Last edited by Alphagaia on December 20th, 2016, 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
#4889322
Really looking forward to getting this game. Aside from GB Monopoly that I got for Christmas, its the only bright spot for this GB fan since last July. My group is slowly dying.... something to keep it alive.

The factory samples look great. They've really gone all out. Wonder if there's anything left beyond this?
#4890498
Crypto posted an update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... ts/1812919

-More photos from Toy Fair
-Every figure, card and tile for GHOSTBUSTERS: THE BOARD GAME II has been manufactured
-In the next week or two, the factories in China will start back up and begin packaging everything. After that, all the games will be put on container ships to Shipwire’s worldwide locations then to backers
-In the office, they've been doing drop tests on test packages to mitigate damage
-Photos from of the mold and multiple completed pieces for the giant Giga Plazm, Janosz figures getting their heads on, Bug-Eye is coming together in the new purple translucent plastic used for Ghosts, and Boxes and boxes of Goo Gates, along with many other figures.
#4891678
Crypto released this video today of an unpacking of GB2: the boardgame!

All is still on schedule. :-)

mrmichaelt liked this
#4893050
Their last news was everything is on schedule for the intended Launch, so yeah No News Is Good News.
#4893175
Another lil update from the comments from Cryptozoic
We are still hopeful that a May delivery is on track for many of our backers with the expediency we're expecting with or fulfillment partner ShipWire. No matter what we will be pushing back the retail delivery of the game to make sure all KS backers have it for a few months exclusively first.
Man I am sooo stoked for this... More tiles, characters, ghosts etc... SO MUCH MORE!!!!
zeta otaku liked this
  • 1
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
Soundtrack for GB 2020?

Yeah, they settled in 85.

Imagine owning the Blu-ray. Like, now. It could ha[…]

Not gonna happen.

the material is kinda like Resin. It is much stron[…]