AJ Quick wrote:
Dr_Rob_Cassidy wrote:It's 10 MAXIMUM, as in 'you can order up to 10.'

Some people apparently have difficulty telling the difference between 'maximum' and 'minimum' which is where the confusion has come from ;)
So we have to buy 10? or its limited to 10??

I'm confused!
I believe it's limited to 10 till 10:00 then 10 X 10 after.
You can by any number between 1 up to (and including 10).

As for international delivery, PortugueseGB, if your friend sends it to you then there shouldn't likely be a problem... one of the UK forum members checked with several establishments in the United Kingdom, and was able to ascertain that if a private seller is selling it second hand, it isn't subject to the rules preventing Mattel from shipping them.

However, it cannot be guaranteed that Portugal has the same policy. It wouldn't hurt to contact some of the organisations involved with customs and parcel imports to check if they'd have a problem.
portugueseGB wrote:I'm lost now. Can we buy at least 10² or only 10¹+10º PKEs? By the way, how many would it be in twinkies the size of an EU illegal box with no CE label inscribed on it?
Uhh, huh huh huh...math sucks!
TurboTrey03 wrote:wow so noon eastern on the 1st that's different, was thinking more of a midnight release like video games and what have you
It's the exact same time that each one of the Ghostbusters figures has gone on sale.
Kingpin wrote:You can by any number between 1 up to (and including 10).

As for international delivery, PortugueseGB, if your friend sends it to you then there shouldn't likely be a problem... one of the UK forum members checked with several establishments in the United Kingdom, and was able to ascertain that if a private seller is selling it second hand, it isn't subject to the rules preventing Mattel from shipping them.

However, it cannot be guaranteed that Portugal has the same policy. It wouldn't hurt to contact some of the organisations involved with customs and parcel imports to check if they'd have a problem.

Hi Kingpin, have you understood what the problem really was and if that problem will affect future shipping of the 12" figures, that have electronic devices too?
I've joined a group of british fans that are being helped by a group of generous american fans...bless them. And I'm 95% sure regulations in the UK are the same as here, due to EU normalization. I'm willing to take the risk with the PKE... I only hope that there will be enough for everyone. And that everyone will consider getting just one this time in a sharing spirit. Speaking for myself I can wait for a re-release to get me a second PKE.
Kingpin wrote:
TurboTrey03 wrote:wow so noon eastern on the 1st that's different, was thinking more of a midnight release like video games and what have you
It's the exact same time that each one of the Ghostbusters figures has gone on sale.

very cool
portugueseGB wrote:Hi Kingpin, have you understood what the problem really was and if that problem will affect future shipping of the 12" figures, that have electronic devices too?
I don't know the specifics, but it seems to boil down to the EU regulations requiring them to add additional warnings to the PKE, and because Mattel felt this was going to make the PKE screen inaccurate, they withdrew the option of selling them to the EU countries.

The regulations have restricted the UK from being sold to, but a couple of fans have worked out that one fan in the United States selling a PKE to a fan in one of the affected countries isn't subject to the same regulations as Mattel.
It could also be that items that need those stickers have additional electrical regulations on them, and the PKE might not meet those standards. In the US, for instance, we have UL approval on our electrical items.

Wonder if we'll ever get the real inside scoop on what happened?
Gareee wrote:It could also be that items that need those stickers have additional electrical regulations on them, and the PKE might not meet those standards. In the US, for instance, we have UL approval on our electrical items.

Wonder if we'll ever get the real inside scoop on what happened?
The EU has very strict regulations on electronics, mainly that they have to be ROHS, which is they can't contain any lead. Since most of Mattel's problems seem to come from anything containing electronics, I'm betting their still using leaded solder since it's cheaper than lead-free. We had to switch over where I work since some of our stuff goes to EU countries and it wasn't cheap to do it so that could be one of their reasons.
Coover5 wrote:
AJ Quick wrote:Yeah uhh. Pretty much nothing uses lead solder now.. Mattel knows better than to put lead in toys.
Exactly. Lead is reserved for paint!
Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is why the original diecast of Sarge from 'Cars' (produced by MATTEL) was withdrawn from shelves....
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]