For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Hello everyone, Rookie Logan here, and BOY Ghostbusters for the Nintendo DS... Was honestly a bit of a dissapointment. Though it WAS made on the DS, I feel that it wasn't pushed to it's maximum potential. To be honest, it's practically almost a REMAKE OF GHOSTBUSTERS ON THE NES.
Flaws
[*]While you were driving around trying to get to your destination, the cars are SO FREAKING HARD to avoid!
[*] Ghosts literally roam the streets, and it's such a hassle to try and catch them while your avoiding cars.
[*] It's a top-down game, so you have to use the touch screen to shoot your Neutrona Wands.
[*] Each ghostbuster had only four spots in their inventory.
[*] NO ROOKIE.

While the game had flaws, it had charms too.
[*] 70 percent of gameplay is literally doing routine ghostbusting jobs. (Which I do appreciate, since all the other versions lacked this.
[*] you never ran out of gas
[*] you can repair the Ecto-1 whenever it's damaged
[*] You don't have to buy your equipment, but instead make new equipment
[*]You get a reputation meter, which goes down if you decline calls, and up when you bust the ghosts
[*] Each Ghostbuster has their own ability. For example, Peter can lead the civillians out of a ghost infested area without them running off.
This game had me entertained and pissed off for 7 weeks straight trying to beat the whole game. Unfortunately, I lost the Game Card about a year ago, so I can't really tell you much more about it. This is probably the most hated version of the Ghostbusters videogame by far. And I know that this was a very short review, but what am I supposed to do about it? Nothing else can really be said about this game.
3 stars.
Doing routine Ghostbusting jobs? I would have liked an open world game that is basically this. You do routine busts, but as you do, a bigger story builds up. Kinda like GTA but PG-13 and the missions are random busts while we follow one bigger story.
If you have an Android you can play it free . (But almost unplayable without a controller) Playing it was a struggle for me. I've played almost 20 different Ghostbusters video games if you count all the different platforms and mobile and the NDS was the only one i wanted to stop playing instantly.. Good idea , executed poorly. But I heard the parade scene ,that was cute from all the other games, is in the NDS version. so I'll have to grind through it at some point
Noremon liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]