For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Great conversation as always! In particular, thanks for getting more info on the greenlight build, the Wii multiplayer, Zootfly, Sanctum of Slime, the driving level, and Ray's Occult.

They pretty much did a good job of handling Louis' absence and adding some tidbits like his desk and his scouting role but too bad they didn't have time to record him and at least use it for some answering machine messages - that would have been neat. I never thought about the lack of a montage, that would be neat as well. And the end credits, at least the kept the audio in the realistic version (whereas the stylized was Slimer returning to the Firehouse).
rahum liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: They pretty much did a good job of handling Louis' absence and adding some tidbits like his desk and his scouting role but too bad they didn't have time to record him and at least use it for some answering machine messages - that would have been neat..
I've actually been trying to figure out who IS on that answering machine.... I THINK Dan Akyroyd and William Atherton (I think he was the Stay Puft Marshmallow representative) are some of the voice actors on the machine, but I'm not sure....
Yeah, it was fun transcribing all those messages. 52 total I think. No sub titles to work off. I definitely heard Atherton, as Peck, twice. But I think the majority of the voice actors that contributed for them were from the "Additional Voice Cast" listed in the credits - Andre Sogliuzzo, Fred Tatasciore, Keith Fergusen, Vanessa Marhsall, Troy Baker, Travis Willingham, Colleen Clinkenbeard, R. Bruce Elliot, Christopher Sabat, Yuri Lowenthal and Jason Liebrecht - in addition to what they may have done for the game.
I agree, the majority of them probably were. It's kinda funny: all these voice actors have very long lists of credits, and they show up for a line or two in the GB video game...well, it's GHOSTBUSTERS, who'd turn down the chance to work on that? I mean, really? :)

I was just wondering if any of the movie actors showed up more then once.

I wonder who's idea that answering machine was. It was such a little thing but it was so entertaining! One of the most memorable things in the game!
skankerzero wrote:Several of our dev team had lines on the machine too. Also for the black slime voices.
Really? Cool! That black slime really creeped me out the first time it showed up. It takes a lot to make someone armed to the teeth with ghost-hunting gear actually AFRAID of ghosts, but the muttering disembodied voices and seeming invincibility to harm did it. It genuinely felt like I was looking at part of something large and evil that shouldn't be here.

Especially in the Children's Room...I swear, when I first saw that, I had Vietnam-Style flashbacks to the Elementary School in Silent Hill and braced myself for some mega creepy couldn't-EVER-put-that-in-a-family-movie-but-this-is-a-video-game-so-neener-neener stuff to go down... And then we watched the bear dance, looked at some wall paintings, and then left. Ray said the kids were trying to tell us something, and the implication I got from the wall paintings was that the Collector did something awful to the kids in that room to become Azetlor, but we never see or interact with any of the ghost children, the details aren't ever clarified, the information they were trying to give us must not matter anyway, and we just kind of leave without any closure.

I feel like there must have been more planned for that room that didn't actually make it into the game. Am I right?

Also, the black slime voices: are they different for each location? Because I heard the voices in the Return to Segwick complaining about overprized and mediocre french cuisine, but that's the only time I heard anything definite...
LawgSkrak wrote:Have you guys fixed the audio problems you had in the first couple of episodes? I listened up through ep 4, and stopped because during ep 4 one guy was having a conversation with himself. Couldn't hear the other person at all.
Start at episode 29... That's when I joined the podcast and took over production :)

Then if you feel adventitious, go back until you cant take it anymore :D
M.Thunder liked this
M.Thunder wrote:
Also, the black slime voices: are they different for each location? Because I heard the voices in the Return to Segwick complaining about overprized and mediocre french cuisine, but that's the only time I heard anything definite...
Listen with headphones and the music turned down and you can hear more at various points. In the Shandor Island level for example, you can hear the Black Slime talking about whether or not you should be captured yet, since they've already caught Spengler, Zeddemore and Venkman... or even whispered panic about what will happen if you find the Juvenile Sloar.

Creepy stuff.
DocLathropBrown wrote: Listen with headphones and the music turned down and you can hear more at various points. In the Shandor Island level for example, you can hear the Black Slime talking about whether or not you should be captured yet, since they've already caught Spengler, Zeddemore and Venkman... or even whispered panic about what will happen if you find the Juvenile Sloar.

Creepy stuff.
No kidding. Though it sure was nice of the kidnapping spirits to let the prisoners KEEP ALL OF THEIR WEAPONS. Sure, they're evil occultist ghosts out to bring about a reign of blood, death, and vengeance, but ... stealing is just wrong!

(removed the spoiler, because it was weird. I'll put it back if anyone misses it, but I doubt that. Sorry I got carried away.)
Does anyone know where Crossing the Steams radioshow went to or where episodes can be purchased?

They are not online anymore on:

http://crossthestreams.ghostbustersnews.com

I’m particularly interested in episodes 29 and 39 which detail everything about the videogame, and some older episodes where Dan, Ernie and Ivan Reitman were interviewed.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]