Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Is there a way to orient the power cell LEDs so that they're inline with the light board on its edge, so that it can be inserted into the power cell making the light board perpendicular to the motherboard (instead of parallel)?

Here's what I'm talking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131404350380

Thanks,
Bill
Finally I got from crix and I am really happy with it. It is working really good (I used the wiring diagrams provided by by Doc Richard) except for ONE little flaw. When I press the "trigger-button" the fire-LEDs light up and the "SHUTDOWN-sound" is played. When I release the button, the fire-LEDs turn off and a continous "FIRE-sound" is played. Here is a picture of my wiring. Where is my mistake?? PLEEEZ help me!

Here's a little video I made!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5x59mredt5xs ... 8.mp4?dl=0
Hey Havrix, I was having the same problem. I had to switch the red and green wire on the gun light board that lead to the sound board.

I'm also having a few problems. The bar graph and red solid light don't turn off with the gun switched, i have to turn the 12V off. Also, the ghostbusters theme song does not turn off with the switch, i have to play a different noise to stop it. Any ideas guys?
Hey,

I have assebled the electronics kit but one problem has arised. The thrower/fire switch plays the sounds in reverse. So when i push the button it plays the sound where turn off the thrower. When i release the button the thrower goes off. The only way i can stop the sound is by fliping the vent switch, music switch or power switch. I have hooked it up properly but no luck. Any ideas?
So I've got my kit assembled. I've observed nearly every issue described on this topic and managed to find a solution for all, but one issue still persists. My wand lights remain on regardless of the position of the "main" switch, including the bar graph, which acts a little wonky (not the normal animation). The wand lights (graph included) work properly once the main switch is activated, and return to their previous state when the main switch is switched off. I'm still probing and troubleshooting, but if anyone has had any luck with that, please share.
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this tutorial and read and tried all the diagrams and having the same if not worse issues that everyone has been having, has there been anyone that solved all the issues ? Is there 1 diagram that actually works for this kit? If so can some one post a link on exactly what goes where and how to get it all to work right, thanks in advance
darkwingduck13 wrote:Hello everyone,
I'm new to this tutorial and read and tried all the diagrams and having the same if not worse issues that everyone has been having, has there been anyone that solved all the issues ? Is there 1 diagram that actually works for this kit? If so can some one post a link on exactly what goes where and how to get it all to work right, thanks in advance
I got mine mostly working, but the final result didn't completely match up to any of the diagrams posted on this topic. I think a little trial-and-error tinkering is necessary with this kit. If you could explain the issues you're having or post a picture, I'd be happy to try to help.
I've been playing around with it and can't get any of the lights to work, just sound , but only the toggle switches , the fire button does nothing , I have a 9.6 volt rechargeable battery powering the pack and wond boards and the 3 v powering the sound board, the amp has its own power . The pack board is linked to the wond board and wond board to the sound board like I see in all the diagrams but still nothing works , any suggestions? I can send pics later
darkwingduck13 wrote:I've been playing around with it and can't get any of the lights to work, just sound , but only the toggle switches , the fire button does nothing , I have a 9.6 volt rechargeable battery powering the pack and wond boards and the 3 v powering the sound board, the amp has its own power . The pack board is linked to the wond board and wond board to the sound board like I see in all the diagrams but still nothing works , any suggestions? I can send pics later
Do you have a way to check the voltage of the battery pack? Sounds like they may not be getting power (or enough power).
*update* ok so I unplugged the pack board from the wond board and hooked the power up to the pack board and with a little piece of wire connected the POS and neg together of where the main switch would go and the pack lights work , my conclusion is that the power of the battery is fine but wiring is wrong
I've got mine pulled apart right now as I'm working on cramming it into my pack, so it'll be a while before I could furnish a picture. However, I mainly used the diagram posted by Doc Richard on page 4 of this topic as a guideline. The key word there is "guideline." There's no way of saying for sure that the way I have mine wired up will work for yours due to some manufacturing inconsistencies with the kit. (this isn't a dig at Crix...I totally get that he's just one dude, and he's putting his time in to produce these. I doubt I could do much better) Once I get mine wired up again, I'll try to get a video put together going over the basic connections and some troubleshooting steps to work out the most common bugs.
***update***

Ok so I have everything workin in tandem with one another, lights and sound. However I have 2 issues, first : when the fire button is pressed the bargraph doesn't change its start up pattern nor does it scroll all the way down, second: when I flick the vent switch the vent and light work but when I flick it back on the light comes on but no start up sound... Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance
Yea, is the bar graph animation suppose to change when firing? Cause mine doesn't.

Everything turns off with the main switch except the bar graph and red light. I tried switching the red light wires but to no avail. That's all i can think to do considering all the slots on the gun light board are taken and the bar graph was pre mounted.

Anyone else have these problems?
darkwingduck13 wrote:***update***

Ok so I have everything workin in tandem with one another, lights and sound. However I have 2 issues, first : when the fire button is pressed the bargraph doesn't change its start up pattern nor does it scroll all the way down, second: when I flick the vent switch the vent and light work but when I flick it back on the light comes on but no start up sound... Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance
As far as I know, on this board there's not an alternate animation during the firing sequence.

As far as your vent sounds, your vent switch has a three conductor wire and a two conductor wire. The two conductor wire (I think it's the short one) should be going to your wand light board. The three conductor should be connected to the sound board. Troubleshoot by powering up the sound board and shorting the pins on Sound 7 & Sound 8 to make sure the board is doing it's part (I think 7 is vent open, 8 is vent close/power up/no hum). If everything's kosher there, the problem is either wiring (swap the three wires around until it spits out the right sounds...my switch was wired different than the instructions indicated), or the switch itself (pull the heat shrink back and check the connections...my vent switch used a 4 conductor wire, so one conductor was unused, probably yellow or green).
LawnWolf wrote:Yea, is the bar graph animation suppose to change when firing? Cause mine doesn't.

Everything turns off with the main switch except the bar graph and red light. I tried switching the red light wires but to no avail. That's all i can think to do considering all the slots on the gun light board are taken and the bar graph was pre mounted.

Anyone else have these problems?
This is similar to my issue, though on mine all of the wand lights remain on. Still searching for a solution.
So I have managed to get the wand lights to turn off using the main switch. However now the pack lights dim. I'm good with electronics but with out a diagram it's just trial and error. Has anyone been able to get these working.
Suchibu wrote:So I have managed to get the wand lights to turn off using the main switch. However now the pack lights dim. I'm good with electronics but with out a diagram it's just trial and error. Has anyone been able to get these working.
How did you fix the wand light issue? Same problem here, dying for a solution. Glad to know its not necessarily a faulty board.
I think I got it. The way it's wired there will always be power to one of the boards when the main switch is off. So I need to run the power to a switch then back to the pack board.

Which I might be able to use the current switch. The wand main switch plugin will need to be bypassed on the board.

This way you can turn off the main switch and get power down sound.
how would i go about using the soundboard with juipter electronics light kits combo with crix board syncing it with the start up and shut down and firing im having trouble to figure out how to get them work together
I've solved my problems with this kit easily... I've sold it and buy the GBfans kit... I can't help more. Sorry. This kit was absolutely the biggest mistake on my build.
yeah, I agree about this kit. I looked into getting the GBfan kit but I need it before dragonCon and that will not happen. BUT!!! I did get it working and I WILL UPDATE THE WIRING INFO!!! testing the sounds right now
Hi guys I finally have mine working but I still have an issue. I have the wand and pack all wired up with the power coming from a 12v blue brick supply and the sound pack powered by a 3v 2x aa battery. When I turn on the main switch the power up sound comes on and the wand lights work perfectly but the pack lights are dim and struggle with the sequence, if I connect a small wire shorting out the from pack to from wand terminals the pack lights up bright and the sequence works great but the wand lights although they remain bright the sequence messes up the bar graph and also the main switch powers down the wand with sound but the pack lights stays on. Conclusion when wired up correctly with everything working in have dim lights and bad sequence on the pack. Any suggestions?

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]