For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
I once was a huge critic of this show but I watched it anyway because I hungered for something GB that was new! As I got older I started to appreciate the show more and really get onto it!

Now If this show was aired at a proper time slot like an after school cartoon im sure it could have been picked up for a second season! Better marketing for the show and merchandise also would have helped!

What do you think would have happened in the second season? Would it have the original team come back more often and relocate back to New York to form one big team? Maybe Eduardo would start to have an impact on Kylie! In the opening credits Samhain was shown as well as the big poltergeist from the Slimer come home episode! Were they maybe meant to come back in future episodes!

Post on what you would like to have the series continue or what you think would have happened! Also discuss what merchandise you would have liked to see be manufactured!
Pretty much what you've just said as well as some of the plots that have been used in the GBI timeline fan fiction stories.
Maybe it's just that I wouldn't have done it, but I really don't think so - it seems to me that the original Ghostbusters sticking around and having one big team would not have worked. I don't like "Back in the Saddle" anyway, but if I'm going to be more objective, I'd have to say that the format of a ghostbusting team of four works well in RGB and EGB and should not be changed.

Honestly, in a second season I'd have wanted more of the same. The relationships would undoubtedly have developed - including Eduardo and Kylie's - and seeing more of their families would have been good too. From what I've read it seems to me that most of the episodes aired in the wrong order, meaning that the series finished with "Witchy Woman", and Eduardo giving his phone number to fellow college student Bess. I didn't like it, and when I told my brother that he said maybe they were setting up for a love triangle if they got a second season... but I think he was just humouring me. Bess, I am sure, would have been forgotten.

I'm a massive fan of the series, but honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing that there wasn't a second season. I don't doubt that it would have been good, but any more than that and it might have started to go downhill. It's better to have thirty-something strong episodes, and a few weak ones, than have a great series ruined by going on too long.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
I've thought about this, and I personally would have liked to see the timeline jump forward a little. Maybe a few years. The team of Garrett, Roland, Kylie, and Eduardo have been keeping the city in check paranormally and Janine keeps them in check. Egon returns to teaching, but finds more and more college kids are signing up for his class because they want to be GBs. I would've liked to see new characters come onto the scene. I wouldn't want it to be XGB redux, but I'd want to show maybe the original XGB team taking on an active mentoring role, maybe have some of the new students based on the various kids in RGB that mentioned wanting to be GBs, only now they aren't so annoying (jr. GBs, Louis' nephew, kids at children's hospital, etc.). I'd call it "GB: 2nd Semester". It'd end with Egon opening up a GB vocational training program in an old wing of the school...and Dean Yeager would look out the window of his office everyday and want to break things.
:mrgreen:

I swear, if that sounds lame, it plays out SO much cooler in my head.
if it did get picked up for a secound season, i woud of liked to have seen them fight sam hain(as he showed up in the intro), see kylie and eduardo's relatoinship grow, more ghosts, the return of dr krillian (heart of darkness)... but mostly, i would to see that jerk of a mayor get what he deserves... i mean really, he gets captured by a leperchaun, the EGB's save his sorry butt... and he takes the credit!
Even more focus on the main 4 members of the show, build up a few arch ghosts for the show. (as in characters from the first season and new concepts)
Also I'd hope they'd avoid more references to RGB and let the series be its own thing. I know most would disagree here, but the show was for a new audience, and trust me many kids at that time watched it had never seen RGB or both movies.
JasonOfGBNews wrote:I would have loved to have Sam Hain make his return to the Ghostbusters world on the show. I remember getting his action figure and waiting for the episode... only to find disappointment. :angryvigo:
Agreed wholeheartedly that was such a gyp that he didnt return.
I would love it if they made a second season, I'm very much hoping that the EGB will be in Ghostbusters 3, then with a bit of luck it might prompt them to start airing the series again and start on a new one (wishful thinking).
I wouldn't want to see the second season overcrowded with more recruits, I like it just being focused on the 4 characters, if it tries to focus on too many characters it would become less interesting.
I'm also itching to see if anything develops between Kylie and Edwardo as there's clearly a teasing tension there.
There are so many other mythology stories for them to go into, such as mermaids that sing to entice sailors to their deaths (or some other alternative) or Djinn the demon which terrorises people who use Ouija boards.
brad84 liked this
In the meantime I think it would be awesome for us all to write fan-fics as a second season, but keeping it true to the series and stay away from the idea of them getting married and having kids, keep them as teenagers!
I've enjoyed some of the current fan-fics, but find them a little OTT on the characters, everyone likes their mushy moments, but it seems to have been overdone. The fan-fics should of course be like an episode, include a ghost that they are battling and the team working out how to defeat it.
Count me in too, for a return to Boo York and seeing Extreme People Busters battle the Extreme Ghostbusters. Also I would loved to have seen more development with Kylie and Eduardo, as well as Garrett and Roland. A fight with Sam Hain and Ghash(Big ghost from Slimer, Come Home, that pops up in the opening credits) would be great as well. Also I would have enjoying seeing Ecto 2 make a return as well since it was not used at all and I think Egon and Ray would have rebuilt it along with Ecto 1 following the events of 20,000 Leagues under the Street.
Six years after I first posted (and I mostly* feel the same way about what I said), I've finally figured a couple of things out.

1. Eduardo and Roland really needed to do something together. They hardly ever interact, and when they do it doesn't come to much. They are the only combination of two team members of which this can be said. I'd have loved to see an episode where they find some common ground, work together and maybe learn a little bit about each other.

2. I'd have liked to see where Garrett lives. He's the only EGB whose home we've never seen. I also reiterate what I said all those years ago about family stuff - he is the only one without even any mention of any family (just a little hark back to his previous life in 'The True Face of a Monster').

*I've started to feel more positively towards 'Back in the Saddle'. It's still not among my favourites, but it's not bad, and another two episodes out of forty (or maybe one out of fewer) guest-starring Peter, Ray and Winston might have been fun. Certainly I'd have liked to see Peter making more funny faces at Eduardo as he tried to chat up Kylie.
:kylie::eduardo::cool:
I really wanted to see more character development for the EGB's had a second season of EGB been greenlighted. Especially the interpersonal relationships between the four EGB's; like fleshing out their common ground with each other; not just with Kylie and Eduardo :kylie::eduardo: (although, I liked them best as Platonic Life Partners than as Boyfriend/Girlfriend), but also with "Kylie and Roland" :kylie::roland: (I enjoyed Grundlesque for that; really would want to see more of their interaction), "Garrett and Kylie" :garrett::kylie: , "Garret and Eduardo" :garrett::eduardo: , Roland and Garrett :roland::garrett: , and especially with "Edurardo and Roland" as Egb Fan mentioned.

And also, Syren from Sonic Youth; she is a nice anti-villainess and would have been another great ally for the GB's like Slimer is. ^_^
I was really wanting a second season, but as that's not going to happen I've started writing a second season myself on fanfic sites. Going to progress with more character background and interaction, but I want to do it without interfering with the characters too much.
Doing artwork for each story then uploading them to Devient Art
slimer28 wrote:I once was a huge critic of this show but I watched it anyway because I hungered for something GB that was new! As I got older I started to appreciate the show more and really get onto it!

Now If this show was aired at a proper time slot like an after school cartoon im sure it could have been picked up for a second season! Better marketing for the show and merchandise also would have helped!

What do you think would have happened in the second season? Would it have the original team come back more often and relocate back to New York to form one big team? Maybe Eduardo would start to have an impact on Kylie! In the opening credits Samhain was shown as well as the big poltergeist from the Slimer come home episode! Were they maybe meant to come back in future episodes!

Post on what you would like to have the series continue or what you think would have happened! Also discuss what merchandise you would have liked to see be manufactured!
I'm my area it did get an after school time slot, 3:30 if I'm not mistaken.
Towards the end of my high school years EGB aired early, around 7 AM if I remember. It was in the North Jersey/New York Area, others probably have more details. If I had really wanted to watch it, I would have recorded it to tape.

It was kinda just there, wasn't waiting with promos and marketing for it like I was with The Real Ghostbusters. Different eras and ages,
Winston1986 wrote:I'm amazed the first season had 40 episodes. That's a lot for a first season! In it the time it came out I hated it and so did my family. Decided to watch it again recently and it's not that bad but it also not as good as real ghostbusters.
@ *referring to bold*

It's an underrated show IMO; sure it doesn't have the same level of quality that RGB has, but it's still good in it's own right. I still wish it would have been greenlighted for a second season only because I really wish for some more character development for all the EGB's; shame that it didn't.
Spengs wrote:Towards the end of my high school years EGB aired early, around 7 AM if I remember. It was in the North Jersey/New York Area, others probably have more details. If I had really wanted to watch it, I would have recorded it to tape.

It was kinda just there, wasn't waiting with promos and marketing for it like I was with The Real Ghostbusters. Different eras and ages,
That is about the right time, 7-7:30. I remember catching it while I was getting ready for my early morning science class. It was a good thing my dorm was just a few feet away from class building. I wasn't sad about missing it, I thought the show sucked.
Hope I'm not trying to resurrect a dead subject here, but here we go. I've really been itching to bring back most of the rejected characters. A second season should probably help in terms of development. So I bought that "First Rejects" thing from Fil's Patreon page, LEGALLY, and colored it. Take a looksie. They have mostly new names as well as potential voice actors.

*NormalGamer* liked this
    Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]