For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By ghostengineer
Now that the RGB promo was restored from the master tapes I believe, has anyone tried to get the full theme without the background sounds ? Is it even possible ? I like the RGB version better than RPJr. Just wondering that's all.
By Dr.D
Nah, unfortunately that eludes the community. A few people have taken a stab at recreating full instrumentals but nothing really clean has ever been found.
By ghostengineer
That sucks. I remember when the promo was first found and the song was ripped from that but recently the promo master tape was found and someone restored it. I was hoping that with the master tape restored that the song could now be extracted from the video without the sounds. It's really ashame that this theme and other tracks from the show cant be released
By Dr.D
Yeah, I think others have put effort into tracking down the original artist but I don't think anything has come of it. You can scour YouTube and find a few reconstructions but unless someone else knows something I don't we aren't gonna hear a clean full version of the RGB theme anytime soon.

I'm on your side, I think there's something different about this theme compared to Ray Parker Jr.'s version.
By Kingpin
Unfortunately, Robert reported upon viewing the reel for the first time that it was only the visual material. :(
As it stands, the only "full versions" are a mixture of instrumental, semi-instrumental, or edited copies from the old VHS version featured on the Time Life set (this was the audio Robert used in his restored release of the promo).
By ghostengineer
If anyone knew something on this subject, it would be you kingpin. Well that answers my question. Thank you kind sir
By SpaceBallz
I actually paid a guy to recreate the beginning part of the RGB theme, I'll post it when I get home from work in case any editors out there wanna include it in the reconstruction.
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
A few episodes (including the VHS copy of the pilot on the Time Life set) have provided reasonably clear instances of the opening. It's the keyboard section during "I ain't afraid of no ghost/Ooooh I hear it likes the girls/I ain't afraid of no ghost/Yeah yeah yeah yeah!" part, and the drum segment that ends with "Let me tell you something, busting makes me feel good!" which are frequently the least clear because when they do appear in the episodes, it's during the bust/trapping sequences.
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
By Dr.D
Killerwatt has a few decent sections where the less played parts of the theme are heard pretty clearly. I just lack the skills to do anything with this information. When Halloween Was Forever also has some nice cleaner spots.
By Dr. Stantz
Years ago I contacted Sony, Saban, Bug music (Bug Music owns Saban's catalog), Cookie Jar Entertainment (who owns what was DiC) and dozens of musicians named "John Smith" and all I've found out is Sony says they own the music rights for Real Ghostbusters and wouldn't license it for private or commercial release (I seriously tried). Would not confirm if they actually had copies.

Also tried contacting Shuki Levi through his website inquiring if it was him that did it and got no answer. Since the song was done for the pilot before the show went into production that's not even a sure thing.
EddieSpenser liked this

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome