By Mechanized
As the title says this is my progress of my suit and all the accessories needed.

Here is a list of everything on my GBfans suit:

-GBfans suit
-GBfans elbow pads
-Dyed GBfans pistol belt
-Leo Challenge Coin No-Ghost patch
-Etsy name patch
-Military surplus chemical gloves
-Rubber leg hose connector from Etsy
-DIY leg hose
-DIY leather MT500 holster
-DIY key fobs
-Modified Spirit Halloween walkie talkie
-Random vintage military boots

Not really shown are my elbow pads:

Next up is my slightly more accurate suit. The Nomex CWU I got off eBay for about $25.

So far I’ve only removed the Velcro and arm sleeve pocket flap:

And here are a few props to go with the gear:

I’ve also ordered a more accurate No-Ghost patch from Calgary Ghostbusters for the Nomex. Tomorrow I’m going to get a paint pen to color the zipper tabs for a more accurate brass look.

Let me know what you all think. Advice and comments for improvements are completely welcome and appreciated.

More to come as I get there. Have a good one everybody.
Last edited by Mechanized on January 1st, 2020, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedSpecial, jedipoodoo, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By Mechanized
Hey, thanks man. I appreciate the compliment.

I cant say 100% which they did in the film for sure. However, I’ve seen most members here sew them on.

I just used leftover elastic I had and painted black. Most just get elastic from the fabric store.
cristovalc liked this
By Mechanized
For today I was able to complete all the zipper coloring:

MVP of the day:

Here is a before and after shot of the sleeve zipper:

Lastly for today was an awesome key fob courtesy of Tyger Cheex:

Now just waiting on the No-Ghost patch and still need to order a new name patch.
Kingpin liked this
By Mechanized
Well, with the holidays right around the corner the flight suit has been in limbo. My time is going to work and my money elsewhere, lol.

I had also been waiting for my Calgary Ghostbusters patches to arrive. Which they did sometime last week. Below is an image of the three No-Ghost patches I’ve come across.

-top: Leo Challenge Coin
-middle: Calgary Ghostbusters
-bottom: Etsy seller Hatchapatch

I really like that Calgary Ghostbusters make theirs with cotton(felt?). It gives off a nice vintage feel.

I’ll have more to post once my leg connector for the hose comes in. Still need to dye the vinyl tubing and sew everything on.
By Amirax
You sure put a lot of effort in creating the set ) nice job) I'm curious about the material your elbow pads were made of, what is it?
Mechanized liked this
By Mechanized
Hello, all. Hope everyone had a great New Year’s Eve.

I took a small break during the holiday because work was so hectic. However, I’ve made some progress within the past week. Here we go.

First was finishing up my Nomex suit. That required sewing the Calgary No-Ghost patch and the leg connector:

For the rubber leg connector piece I like to add a small piece of fabric on the inside of the trouser leg for additional support. It’s not much, but it does help.

Here is the Nomex suit all finished up:

Because I was in the grove at this point, I decide to weather my GBfans suit. I may go back and hit some spots again but for now it’ll do.

Here is a shot of the two side-by-side:

Still need to get myself a belt gizmo, though. After that my gear will be 100% done.

I’ll spend the next couple days having fun building up the Polar Lights Ecto-1 ;)

Happy New Year everyone.
Kingpin liked this
By Mechanized
Apologies for the late reply to those who asked a questions.

For the radio texture I used:

As for the elbow pads, they’re just the ones for the GBfans shop. The black patches are pieces of black elastic from the fabric shop. I simply cut and sewed on.

Thank you for all the compliments. I’m very appreciative.
By Austin
Flightsuit looks great! Love the weathering a lot. Really adds to it.

For what it's worth, most Nomex flightsuits already have brass zippers. They just have a black coating on them. Spend a little time with some steel wool or a steel brush and you can take the coating right off pretty easily.

There are some that have cast metal pulls on them that are just a grayish pot metal(but are painted black), but yours appear to be the brass ones.
Mathew_impact1 liked this

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome