By Danimaljoe3
This noob needs help. I’ve been scouring the web looking for a holster for an MT500 with no luck, but I have found some holsters that look like they may fit. Is there a thread or a list someone has made that lets us know which holster models will fit the MT500? Or which radio models have a holster that will fit the MT500?
By Kingpin
Up until four years ago, we thought we'd identified the holsters used in Ghostbusters, but turns out we were wrong. Jairus managed to ID the holsters used on the costumes here, which he speculated was a holster made either for the Motorola HT440 or HT90.

However, they come with a major downside, with over 30 years of age, the most screen accurate holsters out there become a non-viable option because they appear to be super brittle.

Your best bet would be to keep an eye on eBay for a genuine MT-500 holster, they've what the community has been using for years, and they seem to stand up to the test of time... The tricky part is that between the market being cornered by the Ghostbusters community, as well as other historic costumers, like Police reenactors, and because they're not being produced anymore, they're harder to come by.
djecha, Danimaljoe3 liked this
By Danimaljoe3
Ive been looking on and off for about a year, to find a holster for the MT500 but no luck. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any holsters for other models would work? At this point, I’m just looking for anything.
By Danimaljoe3
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Spectregater wrote: October 27th, 2019, 9:11 am This looks like the one I have been using for mine. It's in no way screen accurate, but it holds the radio snugly and fills my needs.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Radi ... 3329920070?
I thought about getting one of those too. Figured I’d try to get a leather one, but one like that would be a good substitute
By NotSabbat
If you are looking for a leather holster, and I agree they are preferred, here is some info that may help.

Most vintage Motorola radio holsters have the equivalent of model numbers stamped onto the back of the holster. I have a long MT-500 and I use model number 15D82537J02.

Here is a picture of the radio in the holster:

and here is the model number on the back:

This information is also useful if you find a holster you like and want to see if it will fit an MT500. If you can find the model number or if its listed, you can do a google search for motorola and the model number and general you can usually find a result with a compatibility listed for the holster.

Model numbers will change for a variety of reasons, so you never know.
Danimaljoe3 liked this
By Danimaljoe3
NotSabbat wrote: October 27th, 2019, 11:46 pm If you are looking for a leather holster, and I agree they are preferred, here is some info that may help.

Most vintage Motorola radio holsters have the equivalent of model numbers stamped onto the back of the holster. I have a long MT-500 and I use model number 15D82537J02.

Here is a picture of the radio in the holster:

and here is the model number on the back:

This information is also useful if you find a holster you like and want to see if it will fit an MT500. If you can find the model number or if its listed, you can do a google search for motorola and the model number and general you can usually find a result with a compatibility listed for the holster.

Model numbers will change for a variety of reasons, so you never know.
Thanks for the help with the model number. I couldn't find any, but I ordered a case for an HT1000. From what I can tell by researching, the HT1000 is only 1 inch shorter than the MT500. So, we'll see how that works.
By JWils23
Check out Freeky geeky on Facebook, he makes a replica leather holster for the MT500 and I feel like not long ago I saw him saying they were getting ready to do another production run of them in the near future.
Danimaljoe3 liked this
By Danimaljoe3
JWils23 wrote: October 28th, 2019, 6:06 pm Check out Freeky geeky on Facebook, he makes a replica leather holster for the MT500 and I feel like not long ago I saw him saying they were getting ready to do another production run of them in the near future.
He isn’t selling any at the moment.
By Ghosts-in-the-216
I found my MT500 holster on Facebook through Firehouse Props. They periodically have them for sale. I thought the price was better than many I have seen on eBay.
By Danimaljoe3
Ghosts-in-the-216 wrote: November 1st, 2019, 6:09 am I found my MT500 holster on Facebook through Firehouse Props. They periodically have them for sale. I thought the price was better than many I have seen on eBay.
I tried him last week and he was out lol. I’ll just have to keep an eye out.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]