By JWils23
Are you planning on putting Velcro on the back of the name patch and fastening it that way? I think the bulk of people remove the Velcro and sew the name tag on like the movies. The Velcro on one of my extra flights suits is approx 1.75” tall and 3.5” long. I say approx because I’ve already removed the Velcro and I’m only going off the stitch marks. To be safe I’d assume that the Velcro patch is slightly bigger than that by maybe 1/16”-1/8”.
Kingpin liked this
By Mat
I honestly don't remember the size of the velcro bit as I removed the stitching from it carefully with a sharp knife though a stitch ripper would be more efficient! It's super easy to do and don't size your name patch based on the velcro patch. Once I removed the velcro bit the hardest thing was getting the darn thread through the eye of the needle! For the name patch I used black and for the logo I used the closest match I could find for the red of the "NO!" sign.
JWils23 wrote: October 7th, 2019, 5:54 pm Are you planning on putting Velcro on the back of the name patch and fastening it that way? I think the bulk of people remove the Velcro and sew the name tag on like the movies. The Velcro on one of my extra flights suits is approx 1.75” tall and 3.5” long. I say approx because I’ve already removed the Velcro and I’m only going off the stitch marks. To be safe I’d assume that the Velcro patch is slightly bigger than that by maybe 1/16”-1/8”.
Hi, thanks for the reply and the information! I'm planning to buy a name patch with velcro already on the back. Maybe next Halloween, I'll change it for something for movie accurate.
Mat wrote: October 7th, 2019, 6:02 pm I honestly don't remember the size of the velcro bit as I removed the stitching from it carefully with a sharp knife though a stitch ripper would be more efficient! It's super easy to do and don't size your name patch based on the velcro patch. Once I removed the velcro bit the hardest thing was getting the darn thread through the eye of the needle! For the name patch I used black and for the logo I used the closest match I could find for the red of the "NO!" sign.
Hi, thanks for the information. Maybe I'll try it someday but not this time.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]