Well I started with a Navy Blue Rothco:

My first steps started with 4 boxes of RIT color remover, about 7 gallons of HOT water, and about 30 minutes of wait time. I followed that with a warm rinse in the sink until the water was clear, took it over to the washer and washed it in warm water, a free and clear detergent, and a few tablespoons of bleach. I also added an extra rinse cycle. I popped it in the dryer and got this:

I then got about 7 gallons of fresh HOT water, a little less than 1/2 a bottle of RIT liquid black dye, and a 1/4 cup of salt. I slowly dropped the dry flight suit in so it would absorb the black water until it was completely in. I stirred it around for only about 7 minutes, rinsed with warm water in the sink until the water was mostly clear, took it back to the washer, warm wash with a free and clear detergent again, and an extra rinse cycle. Threw it in the dryer and ended up with a final result of:

These pictures were taken with my cell phone and no flash. This is a close up of the suit with a flash:

Im really happy with the results! I was nervous as hell going into it. I didn't was to scrap $50 with a bad dye job.
Last edited by aceblackbelt on February 11th, 2015, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
GAVAL liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]