By chrism023
Ok, I am going to be trying to order a flight suit in the next week or so, Price isn't a huge concern, but the price is to find one in my size, as I am a very large man, and all hell it is hard to find regular clothes let alone stuff like this, so any help is much appreciated...

here goes
Height about 6'8"
Weight between 450-520lbs(hard to get myself weighed anywhere)
shirt size-anywhere from a 5XL-7XL(deppends on the shirts)
pants-again deppend on the maker but usually a 54-36

again I know these things have been asked alot in the past, but I just need to know if I will have to try to get a suit specifically made to fit me or if they sell for my size?
By Pseudodonn7
Demon Vice Commander wrote:
Paco wrote:hey guys was wondering but the suits they sell here, what brand are they?
I believe the ones that AJ sells in the shop are Fox brand suits.
I'm not sure the accuracy of this statement. He may have sold Fox brand at one point, but it appears to be a different suit than the one I got from him. I ordered a Fox off of Amazon for 40$. The two notable differences, besides the tags, are the current GBfans suits have one way and Fox is twoway front zippers, which is actually a 1up on the ones I got from AJ. The second is the cuffs on the wrists are smaller on Fox than they are on AJs. The third difference is the nametag Velcro is closer (and more accurately placed) to the zipper on the GBfan's suit than on the Fox. But that's an easy fix. Okay, so three notable differences, but still... it's not a bad suit actually. Maybe I got an old or newer version of these suits, but that's just my assessment.

I just got my Cockpit suit finished but I wanted a thinner and more lighter suit for the summer. The one AJ sent had gotten destroyed in an experiment involving acid, alcohol and a lighter, unfortunately, so I needed a new one.
By Takura
How hard is a tru-spec suit to get tailored? I just got a 3xl and it fits if I dont want to breath lol.
By jamesyng
It turns out that I had bought the Rothco which I am now dubbing 'The Good Enough For Now' flight suit. When I got it at the beginning of the year I was bigger than I am now and I still have a way to go before I hit my target weight. I figure that this one will see me though though Planet ComiCon next year and once I hit target I can invest in a more screen accurate suit. At least I preordered the elbow pads tonight, I figure at least I'll have some bits accurate.
By allosaur176
Just an FYI, I have 2 Tru-spec suits, a medium and a large... I am 5'9, 190lbs, and I need the large, it fits more comfortably all around, without being too baggy, even tho the legs are too long, I just tuck them into the boots... The medium is a good, snug fit, ideal right size for legs and sleeves,but there would be no way to crouch without splitting the seam in the ass
By MartinS
I've been wanting to create a Ghostbusters uniform for years, and finally decided to stop procrastinating. After reading various reviews (on different threads of this forum), I've decided to pay the extra $ and get a nomex suit.

My measurements are as follows:
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 160lb
Chest/suit jacket: 38S
T-shirt: small (form fitting), medium (loose)
Pants: 32x32 (jeans), 32x31 (suit) - I like my jeans to be a bit baggier and not reveal my ankles when I'm sitting down

The closest recommendation I could find similar to my measurements was mooniteman on pg 6 of this thread (5'7 130lb). Kind2311 recommended a 42R for him.

From other recommendations, I've seen it mentioned to only go 1 size up from chest size (so I'd be a 40). Should I go with a 40S, 40R, 42S or 42R? I plan on tucking the legs into boots, and wearing a tshirt and thermals underneath. I would prefer a slightly baggy suit over form-fitting, but I'm not looking for a dress either.

Thanks!
By Jairus
When I bought my Nomex suit, I was about your size (5'7", 150 lbs.). I bought a 40S and it fit, but no bagginess at all. Now I'm in the 170's, and I can't even fit into it. I currently have a 44R that fits me well with just a little bagginess, though it may be a little long.

Depending on your proportions, I'd go for a 42R or 42S. I have a 29 inseam, and a Short fits perfectly, whereas a Regular is just a bit too long.

Keep in mind, though, that the sizing on Nomex suits is COMPLETELY off the wall. These things are made by tons of different companies who were the lowest bidders, so your mileage may vary.
By ghostfan003
I purchased a Carter Industries Nomex flightsuit about a month ago off ebay for about $45, brand-spankin' new with tags. Prior to that I measured myself out according to Carter Industries' measurement guide on their web site. I wore a nice-fitting, light jacket and took the measurements. It all worked out great in the end.

The thing is that some of these flightsuits tend to be snug around the belly. I continually went to my local military surplus store and tried on a size I thought would be a perfect fit (46L), but my stomach proved to be a problem. I turned out to be a 48R.
By Wiss
Any advice as to sizing / brand would be appreciated.

height: 6'5"
Weight: 290 lbs
Shirt: XXXL
Chest: 50"
Waist: 42"
Inseam: 36"

Appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thinking I may be on the short end of the stick as far as options.

-Dennis
By Dukegurl12
So what is the general concensous on the color of the suits? Khaki or grey? I know the post said which suits were closer to the color in the movies, but I am seeing a lot of grey suits on here.
By sirbrad
I got my Tru Spec today from Amazon and it is GREAT! Very comfortable. I am 5'9" 175-185 and athletic muscular build. Currently 176 LBS. I went with the XL Reg in which I take short usually, but was no option for that size. But I figured I better go a little bigger than be stuck too small once I seen how they fit, and the look should be baggy. Plus I could cut off the bottoms also if needed. I could probably fit in the large REG easily but I also will be wearing a coat and pant under this as Halloween are sometimes in 40's here. So this is the PERFECT size and a little baggy but not bad. The good news is I can rasie my hands all the way up and no wedgie at all lol. I buy a lot of coveralls as I design a lot of Myers costumes as well being I design primarily horror, and sizes always vary. But usually a large short is perfect and conforming. But these I wanted a little baggy and they are perfect. I could cut down the legs a few inches also to be less bunched up but I think they are fine. Still need to wash them once and iron them. But yeah not too small or too big seem to be just right! I am wearing a shirt and shorts underneath but plenty of room for a coat. I also got awesome boots at Walmart with about 10 eyeholes which are high enough but not too high to be uncomfortable. I did not want to order expensive ones online as boot sizes are pain to order online and send back if not right. But these are great for the price and get the job done well. Glad to have finally started all this! Patches are also on the way from Katarra8.

By Bad Luck
OK now even after being in the military, I have never seen such crazy sizing as with these Nomex flight suits. So I will add to the dozens of requests to figure out my size. Now I have a 49 inch chest and my waist isn't far behind.

If I'm correct, even though I'll wear a 49r 50r suit coat... For flight suit size, I'm right in between a 44 and a 46...Right?
By sirbrad
Not sure probably bigger as my suit is an XL Reg 46-48 and a little baggy on me as it should be but not too bad. My waist in the pic is about 35 178 LBS. Also washed them since so not sure if the shrunk or not. I could probably wear a large regular easy but wanted it to be bigger to wear clothes under for the cold Halloween here.
By GB_Ratz
Ok so after trying my suit on and off, I'm of the opinion that maybe I should have looked else where...

The zippers are black.

It has the flap in the back, to allow for extra room.

On the tag in the back, it says:

8415-01-452-5060
Coveralls, Flyers, C27/P
Type 1, Class 2, tan 380
92% Meta-Aramid, 5% Para-Aramid
3% conductive fiber
Carter Industries, INC.

Maybe I missed something in the past threads, but I don't remember seeing those percentages for fabrics...

Also Carter industries??

Now maybe it's just me, but I seem to remember uniforms to be a bit thicker and with better zippers and such?
By Silverstreak
OK gang I have figured out my suit size, so I'm not asking that question. I am pursuing a Tru-Spec Large based on the below:

5'11"
172 lbs
36 W
Avg build

What I would like some advice on is whether I should get the Large or Large Long. I seem to have short arms, as every shirt/jacket I wear comes down to my knuckles regardless of size. I'm mainly worried about the crotch to shoulder measurement. Any help is, of course, appreciated. Thanks fellows.
By Dremen
With how expensive shipping from the States can be now, does anyone know of a good online Canadian dealership where I can get a Tru-Spec suit?
By sirbrad
Probably large as I am 5'9" with no shoes and mine is plenty big no crotch rise. I got XL but LArge would also fit me easily but I wanted to see how big there were first, better slightly big for the baggy look than tight.
Silverstreak wrote:OK gang I have figured out my suit size, so I'm not asking that question. I am pursuing a Tru-Spec Large based on the below:

5'11"
172 lbs
36 W
Avg build

What I would like some advice on is whether I should get the Large or Large Long. I seem to have short arms, as every shirt/jacket I wear comes down to my knuckles regardless of size. I'm mainly worried about the crotch to shoulder measurement. Any help is, of course, appreciated. Thanks fellows.
By Dremen
Dremen wrote:With how expensive shipping from the States can be now, does anyone know of a good online Canadian dealership where I can get a Tru-Spec suit?
I know the GBFans store sells them but I wasn't able to find any information about shipping.
By DefenderDarko
So I'm about ready to get a flight suit, but I'm a tall guy. What can you guys recommend for me?

I'm 6'5", 280 lbs. My waist is about a 40. Not a thin guy, but not a big fat guy either really. My chest/shoulders may be a problem.

Excuse the gym picture, it's the only time I really take pictures. Progress shots.

By Michael Scott
TexasBuster wrote:So I'm about ready to get a flight suit, but I'm a tall guy. What can you guys recommend for me?

I'm 6'5", 280 lbs. My waist is about a 40. Not a thin guy, but not a big fat guy either really. My chest/shoulders may be a problem.
For comparison, I'm 6'3", 190 lbs, 36ish waist. I have a Truspec Large Long 42-44. Even though it's a 'Long' size, it still barely long enough in the legs (stops right at the top of my ankles standing up) and it's tight top to bottom in the torso, meaning when I put it on, I have to dip my shoulders a bit to get the sleeve/collar up and zipped. It doesn't look too tight in those areas from what I can tell, though.

I'd recommend something in a Long size, maybe XL? Your height will probably be more of an issue than your upper body size. The velcro straps on the side will help take in an extra slack even if your suit was designed to accommodate someone with a bit more pudge.

But don't take my word for it, do your research and keep asking around.
By Makuta
i too have come here looking for sizing help :P

i am thinking of getting a tru-spec suit (since nomex is a bit out of my budget)
i saw tru spec is measure by your chest size so here it is......
(getting string under armpits)
(getting out tape measure)
so my chest is about 45"

also:

height is 5' 10"
weight is 221 lbs

i generally wear a XL size shirt

pant size is 38 (pant size lenght is around 30)

what would best fit me in tru-spec?

thanks for all the help :D
By Makuta
Makuta wrote:i too have come here looking for sizing help :P

i am thinking of getting a tru-spec suit (since nomex is a bit out of my budget)
i saw tru spec is measure by your chest size so here it is......
(getting string under armpits)
(getting out tape measure)
so my chest is about 45"

also:

height is 5' 10"
weight is 221 lbs

i generally wear a XL size shirt

pant size is 38 (pant size lenght is around 30)

what would best fit me in tru-spec?

thanks for all the help :D
well i am flip-flopping between the idea of either a Nomex or the tru-spec... cant decide.... personally i like the look of the nomex better than the tru-spec

so here are my sizes for nomex too

chest: 45" ( 22.5 after divided by 2)
hip: 41 (20.5 after divided by 2)
sleeve: 22
leg:31

and everyone seems to say to get a size up?

so i am guessing size for me would be:
Nomex: 42reg?
tru-spec: XLReg? (or a XXL ?? )

all these charts and numbers are making my head spin :P
By usforce
I'm looking for sizing help.

I'm
150lb
30" waist
37" chest
5'10"

Should I be looking at a 40R in the Nomex? Thanks!
By PssdffJay
Was your chest measurement when you were breathing in or out? I made the mistake of breathing out and I got one too tight when I would breathe in. Mine was 46.5-47 so I got a 48L because I also needed the length.
Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]