By Epona Rhi
XxEctOxX wrote:I just got my nomex in the mail today and I needed it for the weekend.. But it's to small . Sob
What size is it? I might be interested if you want to get rid of it?
By XxEctOxX
its a 40r. but im gonna have to stick with it cause i need a suit for the weekends of this month. im working at a haunted house and i dont have any other choice at the moment. sooooo in the mean time im getting my taylor to put a strip of fabric to gain 2 inches.
By Epona Rhi
XxEctOxX wrote:its a 40r. but im gonna have to stick with it cause i need a suit for the weekends of this month. im working at a haunted house and i dont have any other choice at the moment. sooooo in the mean time im getting my taylor to put a strip of fabric to gain 2 inches.
Ah okay. 40reg wouldn't fit me anyways. Bought myself a 42reg some weeks ago. When it arrived I realized I needed a 42 short as the reg. looks like a potato bag when put on. :|
By mandlintx
Thanks so much - I was one button push away from ordering the cheapest one - I'll spend another $9 to get better quality!
By Ant
Hi

I am in the UK and looking for a nomex flight suit desert tan but I am having trouble to find one.

If anyone has any ideas where to get one from please let me know.

Thanks

Ant
By sonik78
Can you guys help me out?

height: 5'8"
weight: 147.4
shirt size: s/m
pant size: 28/29 - 32(which is a little too long)
are you skinny, average or overweight? in between skinny and average

What size do I need??

I'm looking for a Nomex or a Tru-Spec.
By kind2311
i would go with nomex suit since they come in short length, regular is a little long on me and I'm 5'10".

i would recommend a size 38 or 40 Short for nomex.

if you want tru-spec, go with a medium in regular length.
By kind2311
Ant wrote:Could you still get clothes on under a 38 or 40 short

mmm, probably not.

if you want to wear your regular clothes under the suit. go for a 42 or 44 short.
By Ant
I am in the UK looking for a nomex flightsuit.

Height 5ft 6"or7"
Shirt size: Small mens
Pant size: 29 to 30 waiste

I would want to wear a t-shirt or something underneath.

Any ideas on what size would fit best would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Ant
By sonik78
kind2311 wrote:i would go with nomex suit since they come in short length, regular is a little long on me and I'm 5'10".

i would recommend a size 38 or 40 Short for nomex.

if you want tru-spec, go with a medium in regular length.
Thanks man!!

I found a 38 short on ebay for 89.99, no results for a 40 short.
I measured my chest and it was 38,5, will it fit me?
By seekandannoy
I could use a hand with sizing. I just got my Nomex in the mail, and, annoyingly, it's definitely a bit too snug. It's a 34R, which seemed right judging by the chart. Here's my stuff.

5'10.
About 165.
Shirt size small.
Pants size 32x30.
Skinny.

I can get into the suit, but the legs are a tad short, but not super noticeable even untucked from the boots. The sleeves are fine. From the crotch up to the shoulders it's tight. The whole suit is pretty much form fitting. There's absolutely no extra room, width-wise, in the midsection. I can wear it, but it isn't tremendously comfortable. I'd actually like for it to fit more on the tighter side than baggy, I'd just like to not be in pain when wearing it. Should I just go up to a 36, or... ?
By kind2311
When it comes to nomex, its best to go about 2 sizes up from what the chart tells you.

I would go with a 40 short or regular just to be safe.

I have a friend on here with a build similar to yours, perhaps a bit bigger and a 40 was only slighty tight on him, so it should be right on for you.
By Ant
I am trying to decide which is the best flight suit to get for comfort and size Nomex or Tru - spec

Height 5ft 6 or7
shirt size:small
pant size: 29 to 30 waiste

which is more comfortable.
By qxx
Man, I ordered a Tru-Spec suit and Just got it yesterday. It's pretty dang small. I read this thread and thought I had it figured out lol :/

6' - 6'1"
Shirt size XL
Pants size 38x34
A little extra baggage.

I had ordered an XL Regular. I'm going to order an XXL but I wanna know if I should get a long or regular? Or if XXL is going to be enough. Gah.

Help me Kind2311, you're my only hope.
By noluv4him
Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone knew a good place to buy the flight suits in khaki for kids. My son has his heart set on being Egon for Halloween, and I have searched everywhere and all I can pretty much find is olive green, black or camo - all i feel would be a pain to dye! So if anyone knows a good place to purchase these please let me know I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
By kind2311
qxx, sounds like an XXL regular is perfect. getting a long length will only externed the arms and legs about 2", it will not make a difference anywhere else in the suit.

noluv4him, why no love for him? lol!

depending on how old your son is, you can either go to http://www.boonesky.com/flightsuittan.aspx

or call these people, http://www.surplusinc.com/ they still have a few tru-spec kids flightsuits left. They're not on the website, but they have them in the showroom.
By tobins78
A big thanks to kind2311!
I read through your advise and ordered a 40L. I'm 6' tall but thin with a 31" waist and thought the suit would be too big. It fits like a glove over jeans and a t shirt and i appreciate the help.
Just mentioning my stats incase this helps anyone.
By seekandannoy
Thanks for the advice, kind. Unfortunately the guy I ordered it from didn't have any in my size. Looks like I'm gonna have to stick with the Rothco this Halloween and try to sell this one while I keep my eye on ebay for a 40R. But I really appreciate the assist.
By kind2311
well check this, if your rothco fits fine, maybe you could look into having a tailor replace the zippers with brass and move the chest pockets up a bit.

I plan to do this once i can comfortably fit in an XL rothco
By Henners
enchanted unicorn wrote:hey kind, when getting fitted for a flight suit, is it necessary for the tailor to cup your balls?
yes.

...at least...my tailors always did...
By seekandannoy
Eh, that's a good idea, but after wearing the Nomex, even though it didn't fit well, I can tell that I'll never go back to Rothco. It was warmer and there were too many little things about it that were miles better than Rothco. It's so close to Halloween that I might as well just give up and see if I can find my size for around the same price. Or cheaper. Cheaper would be rad.

You're going to wear a Rothco? I'm shocked.

And yes, my tailor does that, but he usually has me turn my head and groan sensually.
By kind2311
enchanted unicorn wrote:hey kind, when getting fitted for a flight suit, is it necessary for the tailor to cup your balls?
yes but only if they work the shaft
seekandannoy wrote:You're going to wear a Rothco? I'm shocked.
i have come to the realization that a rothco with the proper alterations can be called more accurate than a nomex.

also its hot as shit here so the thinner the fabric the better
By CPU64
Just got my second (used) suit in today. A 42R and its just PERFECT.
I thought a 36 would fit me well since I'm a size 32... Not exactly. It wouldn't mind fitting like a glove, but I didn't want it to fit like a latex glove LOL

So the 42R is just right.
I'm 5'10" 135-140 lbs.
By Ronnyboy
height: 6' 5''- 6' 8''
weight: 230
shirt size: XL
pant size: 34-36
are you skinny, average or overweight? average

Need a Tru-Spec, but I want a large enough one I can still grow into, and if it's too big I'll roll the sleeves and shove it into my boots.
By WeeMadHamish
Picked up a brand spankin' new Nomex flightsuit for dirt cheap in 42S (stubby arms and legs) and the fit is excellent everywhere except for the crotch, which is just a little snug and so pulls on the whole front of the suit. I'm wondering if I'm better off going with a 42reg or even a 44s or 44reg?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]