I’ve only watched about 20 random minutes so far but it’s more like the film I wish everyone got to see in 2016. My opinion. Now someone get working on replacing the Statue of Liberty in GB2 with some fancy CGI. We must George Lucas these sequels!!!!!
No it's still there but they shortened it a bit and got rid of Erin's stupid DeBarge joke.Oh ,that's disappointing I liked it as is. Like when Spider-man 2.1 changed the elevator scene it ruined one of my favourite moments and hurt .y enjoyment not rest.
But hopefully others like
I didn't mind ATC but I am interested in watching this and comparing them.
I watched this edit and honestly they should release that version. It's soooooooo much better than either version available. It actually felt like a Ghostbusters film and not a Paul Feig film about ghosts.For sure! For me the third act still wasn't good. Too much cheesiness (Slimer's role, the dancing, etc...) and I thought the battle scenes were way over done, but there's nothing you can do about that kind of thing. That was writing, not editing. Overall this edit makes the movie at least watchable and actually enjoyable.
And how does the film deal with Murray's cameo given it's an embedded plot point in moving them to the mayors office?
Also, it cuts like 5:00 off the film so as to completely cut Murray's cameo out. IMO, if you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't notice it being gone. The only thing they should have kept was them getting arrested by the FBI.
Half an hour’s worth of puns trimmed. That’s shocking!!
A bit shocked people think Bill Murray's part didn't add anything to the story though. While not his best performance, it had a few good moments like the garbage truck line, but it also shows how Erin puts 'how people perceive her' before the feelings of the group. She willfully sets their only ghost free just to convince mr. Dickless the second and, as expected, it blows up in her face. Together with the Nosebuster scene, her leaving the group and the rescue of Abby at the end it creates a character growth where she finally stops thinking about herself and be the friend she needed to be.
- - If Sony actually did find a way in the contract of Bill to get him to do a GB movie, why did Sony not do a direct sequel?
- If Ivan is against the reboot why did he and Feig have a creative meeting about it where they both happily agreed it should be made?
- If Feig wanted to obliterate GB84 from existence why did he and Ivan both agreed to have nods and callbacks to it?
What I love about the FanEdit:
- The Aldridge mansion alterations were very well done and completely changed the tone of the scene.
- removing Murray works brilliantly.
- Overall changes to focus on the story were very well done. I'm sure there is ton of work going on in this edit which I barely noticed but which totally improve the flow of the film.
- The Ghost soundtrack gag.
- Not much. There are still sections I would personally cut out, and I know from sifting through some deleted scenes there are some lines which I would substitute.
- I felt like the re-inserted scenes were used to flesh out the story rather than comedy/characters.
- I would like a cut which desaturates some of the colours, and experiments with some fx eg. white out Kevin's eyes when possessed during the cop confrontation just to add to his menace etc.
Overall, I still feel there is an optimum cut out there which balances the tone established in this cut, with some of the alternate takes that ended up on the cutting room floor.
I think I prefer Dark Spectre's Total Protonic Reversal cut overall. But my main takeaway is the problems with this film cannot be salvaged in the edit. However, in both these fan edits the first scene with the mayor really shines and contains my favourite dialogue from the whole film.
@richryan1507 - Don't have time to watch the whole fan edit at the moment, but what I did see.. wow. The movie would have been so much better with your edits! How did the real editing floor leave so much crap in? With your edits I actually laughed a few times (more than the once I did watching the real movie).As much as I'd like to take credit, I didn't make this. I was just posting it for others to watch who feel the same way about the movie as I do. The only thing that this left in that they could have still cut out was the dance scene, but you can't win em all. The over the top battle in the 3rd act was a bit too much for me as well, but if they cut that, they wouldn't have an end to the movie, sooo yeah.
Like I said before, at least this edit makes it watchable and takes care of a lot of the major problems.
While I didn't know the fancy words to say it that[…]
I did not order one but I've been hunting around t[…]
No, but it would be nice to be proven wrong.
Wow 😮 , that's beautiful