Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By One time
Wiggyof9 wrote: September 5th, 2018, 2:34 pm
After watching this edit it makes me wonder if this could possibly fit into the original GB canon. Assuming they do something similar to Superman Returns and say only the original movie happened, all of the cameos that got kept in the edit could be the same characters, with the exception of Weaver's cameo which could easily be cut.

If after the first movie the federal government conspired to cover up the events of GB1, it would make sense for Ray to be stuck driving a cab.
I don't really buy that. Ray was the eternal optimist archetype in GB. "It can't be that bad, the holiday season is coming up!". (As is Aykroyd, it was his creation). That optimism was the essence of Ray.

To just mention the ghosts in a dismissive and sarcastic way and turn down that woman and say it's "one more block south than he wants to go" and grumpily drive off. - During what appears to be a massive Four-Fold Crossrip -

No way is that character Ray Stantz. The real Ray would be giddy with excitement at what is going on and would be the first to show up at the old firehouse to help.

Considering that cabbie as the real Ray, for me would be akin to what they did with Luke Skywalker in TLJ. The attitude would be a disservice to the character and to Aykroyd himself.

I'd go with the explanation that it's just a parralel dimension. The cameos are not the GB's, (they even have different names). They are just lookalikes or maybe the same genetic makeup but born of different parents and completely unrelated lives.
By Sav C
Alphagaia wrote: September 29th, 2018, 12:06 am
featofstrength wrote: September 28th, 2018, 10:30 pm Last week's "Sunny" put it all into perspective:
https://www.fxnetworks.com/news/its-alw ... 009_101_16
The content is not available in your country.
Bummer when that happens--here's the article's text (it also had images, but they don't add anything):

THE RULES OF A LADIES REBOOT, ACCORDING TO IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA
September 27 2 minute read
Dee (Kaitlin Olson) recruited Sunny's female characters to re-do one of the show's most memorable episodes.

For the third episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's 13th season, the gang got the reboot treatment as Dee (Kaitlin Olson) recruited Sunny's female characters to re-do one of the show's most memorable events: The Wade Boggs Challenge.

Following in the footsteps of the season ten premiere, "The Gang Beats Boggs," Dee, Artemis (Artemis Pebdani), the Waitress (Mary Elizabeth Ellis), and Charlie’s Mom (Lynne Marie Stewart) and Mac’s Mom (Sandy Martin) board an all-female flight to Los Angeles for the women's march. But they're not getting politically active — they're there to tackle the Wade Boggs challenge. (A refresher, from Dee: Wade Boggs is a "baseball guy who drank 70 beers on a cross-country flight." The goal: beat his record.)

Naturally, the group all has a lot of opinions on what makes an all-female reboot worthwhile. Below, the rules to an all-female reboot, according to "The Gang Beats Boggs: Ladies Reboot."
  1. Avoid a Direct Copy

After Artemis wonders why the women aren't just doing their own thing instead of copying the guys, Dee responds with, "that's the whole point. It's the same exact thing, but it's with women, right? So it's a new idea." But Artemis knows better. "I just feel that if it's with all women it should be better ... because if we do the same thing, why are we doing it at all?"
  • Do the Unexpected

Artemis has an idea to set their version apart: "Gross-out humor — it's like taking the original to the next level. No one expects that from women, it's more shocking."
  • Channel a Female Role Model

After some of the women balked at not having a female sports figure to emulate, Dee tells them to pretend Martina Navratilova is their inspiration instead.
  • Change More Than One Thing

Even though the girls are forced to drink pink wine instead of beer (thanks to the plane's all-female theme) and pretend they're doing the Navratilova challenge instead, it's not enough for Artemis. "You can't just change one small specific and call it new," she says. "We're still copying the men."
  • When in Doubt, Improvise

After making a cool $300 selling janky crystals and tea to the women on the plane, Artemis bails on the challenge. "Boggs is busted because I'm doing my own thing now," she says, adding "because it's empowering and communal next-level shit."
  • Don't Forget the Cameo!

If you thought the male flight attendant would be the only dude on the plane, you would be incorrect: Frank shows up because, according to him, "In every reboot you've got to have somebody from the original to make a cameo." You can also add a double cameo: Gail the Snail is there too, and she turns out to be Dee’s biggest competition.
  • Pull Off a Last-Minute Surprise

"I'm pulling the plug on your male hand-me-down plot. As women, we deserve better. We deserve our own story," Artemis says. And guess what? Surprise! "The tea that I served was spiked with ayahuasca. ...The maximum gross-out, so nobody saw that coming from women."
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on FXX. Catch up on every previous season, ad-free, only on FX+
By Glenn Frederick
Not to derail this thread about "Twins" but just yesterday at work I had brought up Twins to a friend that had never seen it.

During the conversation I had mentioned the supposed sequel "Triplets" with Eddie Murphy and to my shock when I googled it I found out they're still making it. Release date not set but they're going for 2019.
Sav C liked this
By timeware
I just heard about Triplets. It's going to be interesting to see how they pull that one off. Being a huge fan of Murphy it's still going to be funny as shit even if the back story doesn't make sense. Now if they were really going for a third sequel they could throw in Adam Sandler for Quintuplets.
Glenn Frederick liked this
By Lefty Throckmorton
timeware wrote: April 5th, 2018, 8:24 am Supergirl, the flash, legends, have been hijacked by a one sided point of view so you can see why i'm getting nervous about Streep being in Starwars.
Newsflash, Joe Conservative;

*Superman has always been liberal-leaning since he started in 1938, and he was also against racism in a 1944
story arc of The Adventures Of Superman radio show https://youtu.be/H29BlTaYZ0U, plus he's been against prejudice in the feature film Superman Vs. The Mole Men , so Supergirl tackling racism and other social problems isn't having anything forced down anybody's throat and is a continuation of what her cousin does.

*Star Warsis a liberal thing; it was meant to criticize the Nixon administration, and the story is about the downfall of a democracy, its becoming a dictatorship, and the resistance against it that destroys said dictatorship (the prequel trilogy has references to the Bush administration throughout it, and Revenge Of The Sith has quotes that sound like what Dubya would say, plus one remark about liberty dying that's a comment on Homeland Security and all that happened after 9/11.

*The rest of the DC heroes are also liberal (as you've noticed, Wonder Woman is a strong proponent of feminism), and most of the media is also progressive, so your wish for less liberalism isn't going to be granted, period. I suggest you stick to 1950's TV and movies, or any other past era brought up by neocons as being what the United States should go back to.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
By timeware
Welcome to the board. Thank you for that bit of history I already knew.
We kind of put the curb on politics here. Not that I don't mind debating I promised Kingpin I'd be good. Plus I really am not interested in debating someone who joined the board to start some kind of feud. You've been down voting ancient posts for quite some time now.
You want to debate about the movies that's perfectly fine. Only a few posts, a name like Lefty Throckmorton? I think I hit the nail on the head you just joined to start something.That's the only time i'll adress this.
deadderek liked this
By Coover5
Overall, I was actually a big fan of the film. Didn't enjoy it as a GB movie really but as a movie in its own right I thought it was fun. I would have changed the importance of Erin and Abbey's book. They essentially gave Rowan a manual on how to end the world. That made the finale feel like they were cleaning up their mess and not saving the world. I would have preferred if Rowan had used the book defensively. Meaning, I would have liked Rowan to figure out his plan independently of the book but use information from the book to fortify it. Trying to figure out a solution outside of Erin and Abbey's way of thinking would have been a great way for Jillian and Patty to contribute more to the ending.
By Davideverona
Ironically, I would have sticked to Feig original idea. A mass murder becomes a ghost after his execution. The Ghostbusters starts undercover as a MIB like government agency and become known to the people only at the end of the movie. THAT idea sounded pretty interesting, misterious, with a balanced mix between horror and comedy.

Sony interference hamped everything. That showed how little faith they had in Feig, expecially after the Russos proposed their (better, reading the mails) idea. That was the moment Sony started panicking. They were in deep negotiations with Feig, but wanted to give the Russos a try, meanwhile Ivan was having doubts about not making it linked to the originals.

Production sources said that Sony started to heavily put their foot down halfway through shooting.
By chaoslantern
Could be just me personally. but i'd go with a whole different team of writers. like many others have suggested. Focus more on the story, let the jokes happen naturally. would definitely nix Feig, turning the movie into a gender issue wasn't a good idea on his part. Rowan would need a full tear down and rebuild. he came off more troubled youth that never grew up and an inexplicably self taught scientist on the matter of building portals. something more traditional like a book of rituals like the necronomicon or voodoo could have done a trick, Or some ancient Babylonian or Sumerian text since we're sorta not really but kinda going with nods to the original. And the last thing i would change would be the neon blue ghost horde at the end. it looked like the last stage of a cheap video game where you could somehow utterly destroy the ghost rather than trap them. Kinda makes the ghost trap itself seem useless :whatever:
By SpaceBallz
chaoslantern wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 6:04 am Could be just me personally. but i'd go with a whole different team of writers. like many others have suggested. Focus more on the story, let the jokes happen naturally. would definitely nix Feig, turning the movie into a gender issue wasn't a good idea on his part. Rowan would need a full tear down and rebuild. he came off more troubled youth that never grew up and an inexplicably self taught scientist on the matter of building portals. something more traditional like a book of rituals like the necronomicon or voodoo could have done a trick, Or some ancient Babylonian or Sumerian text since we're sorta not really but kinda going with nods to the original. And the last thing i would change would be the neon blue ghost horde at the end. it looked like the last stage of a cheap video game where you could somehow utterly destroy the ghost rather than trap them. Kinda makes the ghost trap itself seem useless :whatever:
He only had one scriptwriter and it was the same person he had for his other movies. You can tell because in "The Heat" they call someone a misogynist and they shoot the bad guy in the balls at the end (sound familiar?).
By chaoslantern
SpaceBallz wrote: January 28th, 2019, 5:35 pm
chaoslantern wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 6:04 am Could be just me personally. but i'd go with a whole different team of writers. like many others have suggested. Focus more on the story, let the jokes happen naturally. would definitely nix Feig, turning the movie into a gender issue wasn't a good idea on his part. Rowan would need a full tear down and rebuild. he came off more troubled youth that never grew up and an inexplicably self taught scientist on the matter of building portals. something more traditional like a book of rituals like the necronomicon or voodoo could have done a trick, Or some ancient Babylonian or Sumerian text since we're sorta not really but kinda going with nods to the original. And the last thing i would change would be the neon blue ghost horde at the end. it looked like the last stage of a cheap video game where you could somehow utterly destroy the ghost rather than trap them. Kinda makes the ghost trap itself seem useless :whatever:
He only had one scriptwriter and it was the same person he had for his other movies. You can tell because in "The Heat" they call someone a misogynist and they shoot the bad guy in the balls at the end (sound familiar?).
Sounds like the writer loves shooting folks in the balls , plus....shooting a shape shifting ghost in the balls. Hows that work exactly? Did he make sure to include balls for reasons ? or just in case someone wants to shoot it in the balls for cheap laughs?
By Alphagaia
Ghosts getting hurt is something established a long time ago in the Real Ghostbusters. In RGB they normally chose the ass (with the ghost grabbing it in pain).

The joke here was they had to loosen his grip to get him trapped and they all choose his 'balls' without specially stating where to concentrate fire on. It would work wherever they would shoot him, though.

Feig stated it was to get a cheap laugh. Gotta say, how Leslie remarks afterwards on them all choosing that spot, did get me to laugh.
By chaoslantern
Understood. But your talking about ghosts who didn't choose they're physical form or anatony. Rowan pulling the choose the firm of the destructor but made a concious decision to include the ole balls weakspot in his form, that's what I'm trippin on
By Alphagaia
chaoslantern wrote: January 29th, 2019, 8:23 am Understood. But your talking about ghosts who didn't choose they're physical form or anatony. Rowan pulling the choose the firm of the destructor but made a concious decision to include the ole balls weakspot in his form, that's what I'm trippin on
I just told you it would not matter where they'd hit him?

He is shot in the face and arm before and after and it hurts him as well. Neither of this confirms a ghost has balls, but does confirm it can perceive pain.
By Coover5
oh c'mon. I wrote a lengthy explanation of Ghost balls and it ain't here! I'll write a quick version.

Short of it: yes, Rowan has "ghost balls". The dialogue makes it clear. That is a specific spots the busters are meant to hit. Does that mean all ghosts have the same weak spot? No but it is Rowan's weak spot.

The original film has a similar point of contention. When they say "Make 'em hard" they twist the barrels to extend the tips. But established earlier in the film, a green lever extends the tip. so do we as fans let a joke dictate how we make packs? Do we have a handle twist so the tip extends? it's up to the fan.

it's hard to figure where to draw the line between dialogue, jokes putting something in layman's terms, and just plain jokes. But was Rowan's weak spot between his legs? Yep.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]