Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Sav C wrote:I missed the part where it was toned down though, was it on the first or second page?
I reread it twice, and cannot find it either! I think I might have seen it in another interview as I had googled a few and must have mixed them up. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow when I have time!
Sav C liked this
555-2368 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:All together a nice interview on how the script changed from R to PG13, and how the really scary stuff got towned down a bit: http://www.slashfilm.com/ghostbusters-k ... interview/
Oh ok, always wondered about that after Feig said the movie would be scary but then clearly wasnt in the slightest
I have to ask, but are you an alt of someone? I noticed this is your one post on this entire Forum since you came aboard a few weeks ago and the rest of your time seemed spent to randomly dislike my posts.
Glenn Frederick liked this
Yeah, not to seem accusatory, but I thought the same thing when I opened up my account and had four dislikes on months old posts. The oddest one was my reference to the Who album "The Kids are Alright".
Ironically, they used the non-standard spelling of "all right", which probably led the adults to worry that the kids, perhaps, were not all right. :P

It's kind of funny, the song The Kids are Alright was not actually included on the album. A bar or two of it was sampled for the end of Helpless Dancer on Quadrophenia, so whenever it plays I get the urge to listen to it in its entirety, but I can't since I don't actually have it in its entirety (which is a bit of a bummer).
JurorNo.2 liked this
Alphagaia wrote:Dan actually did. It's mentioned a few times by Dippolt he actualized it. For me the technobabble needed to be out there, and just weird enough you get a feeling what Abby and Erin meant, just not quite, but it all is grounded in the rules according to Dan's (and GFOP).
If that's true then Dan didn't do a good job or maybe Feig overruled him. Dan has said recently how Feig rejected a number of shots they needed, it's possible certain scientific dialogue exposition was trimmed down, stuff that would have made the science make actual sense in ATC.
Alphagaia wrote:I have to ask, but are you an alt of someone? I noticed this is your one post on this entire Forum since you came aboard a few weeks ago and the rest of your time seemed spent to randomly dislike my posts.
I know! And he's been liking all my posts as well. Good man, good man... :mrgreen:
I was about to say the other thing I liked about ATC was it brought in lots of merchandise but I can't quite get behind that due to Sony making sure the packaging for stuff like toys, games etc looks as bland as possible to the consumer. A Ghostbusters merchandised product might be good but it just looks so bland I don't want to buy it. Makes you think if Sony had made their merchandise packaging more attractive the sales of GB merchandise would go through the roof. Instead it's a case of just slapping on green or maybe grey (yes 2009 video game I'm looking at you!) and that's it. Even the ATC film posters used more than one dominant colour in it's marketing! Wasted opportunity.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]