Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Something always bugged me. So in the movies we've seen the power and destruction caused by the proton streams in both the Hotel and Law Court. And we know that it costs 5 grand to catch a ghost.

So what was it like when a regular person has a ghost in their small home/apartment? Do the Ghostbusters straight up cause destruction all over the house? And just how many regular people can afford the 5 grand to get rid of a ghost and also pay to fix the damages that may be caused by the Ghostbusters???

Unfortunately we never see it happen in live action and only the cartoons
My head canon was that the $5,000 coaxed on from Egon to Peter was SPECIFICALLY towards the Sedgewick since, as a large, swanky New York hotel, they could absolutely afford it... also because at that point, the Ghostbusters were drowning in debt. $5,000 in 1984 is an INSANE cost. I'm sure they'd have a "business" rate and a "residential" rate... as well as a clause in any contract that limits their responsibility for any damages caused in any bust... especially after the incident with the cleaning lady XD
deadderek, gerard55 liked this
The Ghostbusters employee manual with the welcome kit that came out earlier does reference how they charge and that they do take proton charging into planning. I would say they would use the easiest method to remove and reduce the damage to homes however since you might take the PCOC contract into question...the city would pay for damages caused by the GB if your going that route.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]