Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Bison256
Was that the literal wreak of the Titanic in ghostbusters 2 or a ghostly construct? Did the port authority need clean up the rusted wreak from the pier 34?
FaNBoY liked this
By Kingpin
I interpret it as an ectoplasmic copy, thus making it a fully-fledged ghost ship (which also neatly explains why it has the funnels, and appears roughly in one piece). That's certainly the interpretation I would've applied to the scene had it still used the Hindenberg.

Though some may view it as being the actual wreck itself.
By Alex Newborn
There was a concept for the Titanic to rise up from the water, first one section, then the other, but Reitman felt the gag worked best if it was instantly readable by the audience.

As for ghostly copy, this is the same movie where the City of Albany train passes right through Winston, so if there are spectral locomotives rocketing around, surely there are spectral luxury liners too.

Alex
Kingpin liked this
By Bison256
Alex Newborn wrote: November 6th, 2020, 9:13 pm There was a concept for the Titanic to rise up from the water, first one section, then the other, but Reitman felt the gag worked best if it was instantly readable by the audience.

As for ghostly copy, this is the same movie where the City of Albany train passes right through Winston, so if there are spectral locomotives rocketing around, surely there are spectral luxury liners too.

Alex
Even if it rose from the water that does not rule out it being a ectoplasmic construction. The thought came to mind because my wife recently watched the Cameron flim. My scarastic mind started to think "did ghost jack search for 94 year old Rose?" Which brought my original question to mind.
By Winston1986
Alex Newborn wrote: November 6th, 2020, 9:13 pm There was a concept for the Titanic to rise up from the water, first one section, then the other, but Reitman felt the gag worked best if it was instantly readable by the audience.

Alex
There is the line from the news reporter in the montage from the first film about his Grandma saying a spectral locomotive would rocket past the farm she grew up on. So it doesn't seem like a physical Ship couldn't have spectral activity isn't that far fetched.
Kingpin liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]