Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I’ve always wondered...what the hell is that thing? He rotates it in his hand but there’s no readings it gives off. It’s just this big, heavy looking thing.

If anyone is confused at what I’m talking about, it’s the device in Ray’s hand when he briefly notices Vigo’s eyes going red, gets transfixed & Winston has to snap him out of it & ask if he’s OK.

Do we have any info what it is in real life, what it’s suppose to do in the movie, what the name of it is? All that good stuff.
They're insanely cool and horribly expensive. There's a great resin kit molded/cast from a real one that's available, though.

I very seriously doubt it happened, but the prop crew should have loaded the prop cameras with film. I would love to see a 360 shot from the scene perspective!
Kingpin, NotSabbat liked this
Kingpin's hyperlink doesn't seem to work.

https://www.gbfans.com/equipment/other/ ... ic-camera/

I tried to make a printable 3D version of this but was unsatisfied with the results. I eventually bought a resin kit but have yet to assemble it.

I do have a real Globuscope level to put on the bottom of it when it's done, though.

I've talked to someone who owns a real one. He said the original rotation of the camera was achieved with a spring mechanism, which I think had to be wound before use. I've seen one person add a small motor to the resin kit to reproduce the turning action.

Alex
Last edited by Alex Newborn on November 5th, 2020, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin liked this
d_osborn wrote: November 4th, 2020, 9:40 am I very seriously doubt it happened, but the prop crew should have loaded the prop cameras with film. I would love to see a 360 shot from the scene perspective!
I think some of the cameras the crowd was using at the end of GB1 were actually loaded, as some of the snapshots have turned up.

But I don't think the panoramas would have been very good from this Globuscope on that day. I think in the real camera's instructions it says to hold it over your head, so you're not in the final photo.

Aykroyd either holds it in front of himself, meaning his chest and chin would be in a large portion of the wraparound image, or-- even worse-- he tilts it horizontal!

So if there was film in that Globuscope, he'd have a great 360-degree SIDEWAYS pic of Vigo, the studio ceiling, the camera crew, the floor, and then the back of Peter MacNicol.

Alex

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]